[Batman] Let's talk about Batman (post about Batman ITT)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

shinesman_cobalt
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby shinesman_cobalt » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:42 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Kaminoyouni wrote:I was thinking about Batman the other day, I had an idea i thought might be weird, do you think batman is like a ninja? the "attack from the shadows"(among other things) started me on this idea.

Wasn't he trained by ninja in Batman Begins? Or is my memory playing tricks on me again?
He was. In the comics too (well, some of them) and the cartoon. He is a ninja.
"What's wrong with running away from reality if it sucks!?"

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:04 pm

chee wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4v1hAnfy1I&mode=related&search=

Still one of the funniest damn things in the history of the universe.

"some days you just can't get rid of a bomb"
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:55 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "original spirit" more in line with the 60s version with Adam West? Didn't the darker Batman develop over the years?

If anything returned Batman to the "original spirit", it would be Schumaker's films. And we all know how well those were received.

The Schumacher films were as far from the original spirit as you could get. In addition, they were just bad films period. (except for Jim Carrey's performance as The Riddler, which I swear is some sort of warped cinematic milestone simply by virtue of its sheer over-the-top bizarreness at certain points) Plus, they gave the Batsuit nipples.

NIPPLES.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:17 pm

Space Penis wrote:
MaggotMaster wrote:"The Batman" is one of the worst superhero TV series ever.
teen titans

Also, The Batman isn't that bad, it just has a really weird take on a lot on the mythos. And that makes a lot of people BAWWW that it's not Batman:TAS. That and the odd animation style, which is a bit offputting at first.

Also, The Batman has the best animated rendition of Nightwing in S4's Artifacts.

I do love me some Nightwing.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:43 am

In case anyone missed it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw0ov-cAUg&mode=related&search=

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:51 am

I went nuts after seeing that trailer in the theaters. What I really hope is that they make The Joker how he is supposed to be, ruthless, sadistic, and smiling. I want him to make it look like I'm watching some sort of horror movie.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:04 am

Well, then- according to leaked information, you're in luck; supposedly Heath Ledger's Joker is going to be ruthless and sadistic.

In case any of you didn't already know, you read right- HEATH LEDGER is playing THE JOKER.

Here's some leaked photos from the set:

EDIT: I saw Mask of the Phantasm the whole way through for the first time earlier this evening. Great stuff.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”