Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:59 pm

If you can recognize me...you've probably been around too long. At least '02, from my estimate.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Hello to all you new people! Hope you enjoy your stay.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

D. Tuck
Embryo

Postby D. Tuck » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:36 am

oh hai guys! I didn't think anything like this existed so I'm glad i found it.

Bobbk
Embryo

Postby Bobbk » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:22 am

Hi there everyone. I'm relatively new to the Eva scene (shame on me : P ) This place seems really awesome.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

Postby planet news » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Well? Come.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

ImaGhostbuster
Embryo

Postby ImaGhostbuster » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:04 am

hi all new member here! been on the forums reading only for a fair while now! been an eva fan since i was in lower school and my interest has never wained!

started to bulk up my collection a bit more recently , i mainly focus on books and games but also have a fair few figures.

Hope to be on the forums a lot more in the future too!

Sooo HEY :p

Ash

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Hey guys

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:27 pm

It sure has been awhile. How is everyone?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:32 pm

I'm all right. How are you?
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Dark doom
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Dark doom » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:41 pm

you have a massivly high rank, just who (or what 'hehe') are you though? :scanners_head:
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

And then we come to the merchandising... facepalm- Mr. Tines

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:50 pm

What the hell? Who moved my post? No one is going to notice it in here and I'm not new anyways.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:57 pm

>Who moved my post?
One of us

>No one is going to notice it in here
The new posts indicator will show. And besides, other revenants have posted into this thread quite happily.

So, how are things with you?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Bored, hot, and a bit nostalgic. Weather here sucks big time...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Welcome back!

Hope you've been doing well.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:52 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Welcome back!

I'm not really back per se. I really have no interest in any indepth discussions so I'll probably be lurking more than anything.

Hope you've been doing well.

Good one... While it certainly could have been worse it certainly hasn't been "good" to say the least.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:00 pm

View Original PostAnonymous_Evafan wrote:I really have no interest in any indepth discussions so I'll probably be lurking more than anything.

No interest in in-depth discussions? You got to be kidding! Anyway, welcome back!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:28 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:No interest in in-depth discussions? You got to be kidding!

Considering it's the same arguements from the same people about the same topics, no I'm really not kidding. That's why I got bored and left in the first place. Well losing my password had a bit to do with it but that was secondary.

Anyway, welcome back!

I'm not back. I'm suffering a fit of nostalgia. We'll have to see what happens when it's done.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 pm

View Original PostAnonymous_Evafan wrote:Considering it's the same arguements from the same people about the same topics, no I'm really not kidding. That's why I got bored and left in the first place. Well losing my password had a bit to do with it but that was secondary.

I thought you quit because you couldn't live with yourself after you joined the BrikHaus fan club.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:04 pm

When did that happen? It's been almost 2 years, I can't remember these things.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Wow! AEF is back... errr, at least, sort of it seems. As far as discussion being the same stuff from the same people, that's not quite true. There has been some rather original stuff around here lately, and there are always new members contributing.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:48 pm

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Wow! AEF is back... errr, at least, sort of it seems.

I wonder if this is I told you so worthy? Took you over a day to notice.

As far as discussion being the same stuff from the same people, that's not quite true.

My short term lurking turned up so many repeat threads I almost cried. Though the Tines edit of GNRs head was hilarious.

There has been some rather original stuff around here lately

The stuff from the game? I'm decidedly not too eager about that... I don't think I really need to explain why.

and there are always new members contributing.

Many of who don't search it seems. Then again my own attempts were less than successful and I had to go manual. Ugh, 2 years of catching up...

Return to “Old Stickies”