Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Troll sense ... tingling ...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:31 pm

View Original PostMariruri wrote:For so reason I assume these two are the same people. I have no information for the story, I just HAVE A FEELING.

ah! now Mr.Tines is here he can confirm (AGAIN) that we had 2 geographical different IP's all the time
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:39 pm

A few pics would be nice as well.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 pm

:fuyu_facepalm:
...what can I say?
WE'RE OFF TOPIC AGAIN, LOL

Smiley trains are dumb. Avoid them.

ehh123
Embryo

Postby ehh123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi, I have been interested in Evangelion for a few weeks now. I got the Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 on Blu Ray. I have watched it multiple times. I have other priorities, so I don't expect to be very active here. That being said, I hope you welcome me with open arms. As long as you don't hug me and turn me into Tan...I mean LCL. ;)
"Does the bus run through here?"

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Welcome to the party, ehh123. Stay as long as you like.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:14 pm

someody get the anti-at field; i feel like giving hugs that turn ppl into orangy goo. ;)
AHEM!
Looks at ehh123

Hoshikawa-kun
Lilith

Postby Hoshikawa-kun » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:40 pm

'Evening, some people. 'Morning, other people.
I first saw Eva the summer before my freshman year of highschool. Being fourteen myself at the time and quite the conflicted little teen, I was able to thoroughly relate to Shinji as a character, and was instantly hooked on Eva. Watching the TV series and EoE room had to be the best summer I'd ever had, and a few months later I was getting Eva revoltechs for Christmas. Three years after and I'm watching Rebuild, it's like the series has come alive all over again.
I wish 01's Progressive Knife hadn't been lost in my move ;___; Or the Umbilical Cable. It's been in Berserk mode ever since

What attracted me was both the Evangelion "robots" and the characters. The technology in Eva has always fascinated me, the way it straddles the line between gruelingly realistic(silly Pallet Gun! Ramiel is for Positron Rifle!) and the fantastic(EAT AT FIELD JSSDF!). The characters themselves all left me wanting to know more about them, even minor ones like Fuyutsuki. In particular, Shinji's interactions with Misato hit home with me and the pair struck me as being better put together than Shinji with Asuka, in part because Misato didn't actively try to hurt Shinji like Asuka did, and Shinji's primary motivation in the series is to avoid pain.
Mainly I'm interested in the ANIMA light novels right now. I'd like to be helpful, but because I won't have a coherent understanding of any written Japanese for at least a year or so, the most I could do for that is localize(i.e. alter sentence order and word choice to make it flow for English-reading people while retaining the original meaning) machine translations :(

I've been writing fiction since I was ten years old, and after seeing Eva I was desperate to recapture the feelings it gave me on paper. It's been an influence on my writing right after the first episode, and the way things are going my first book may be the very novel Eva got me writing three years ago(to clarify, I'm not talking rip-off here. The major themes of the novel are the enduring and pursuing nature of love, even between persons of inappropriate age or gender, and the meaningless nature of nihilism, i.e. setting your own goals instead of believing life to be without value because no one else sets a goal for you. Eva gave me the idea to use mechs as a means of conveying these ideas to my audience)

I've been reading Evageek's Theory & Analysis stuff for a while as well as the other wiki entries, and I briefly stalked some parts of the forum before finally taking a breath and signing up. I hope we can get along.

My bloodtype is AB and I have Aspbergers.

Please excuse my wall of text. I did not mean to anger anyone with it.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Fellow text-waller here.

Welcome Aboard.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:Fellow text-waller here.

Quick, somebody omni-slash that shit.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:19 pm

@ Hoshikawa-kun: TLDR

(Too Long Didn't Read)

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby WonderBug » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Uh, what exactly is the point of using an initialism if you're going to spell it out?

In particular, Shinji's interactions with Misato hit home with me and the pair struck me as being better put together than Shinji with Asuka, in part because Misato didn't actively try to hurt Shinji like Asuka did, and Shinji's primary motivation in the series is to avoid pain.

I think they're both interesting in their own right but I'm also a lot more interested in Misato's interactions with Shinji (atm). Or her relationship with anyone, really.

Anyway, welcome!

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

Postby planet news » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:53 pm

If no one ever spelled out initialisms, they would only be letters.

What do you call and initialism that is never spelled out?

If an initialism is spelled out only in a forest and no one is there to hear it, does it really have any meaning?
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

3edgedsword
Embryo

Nine years!?

Postby 3edgedsword » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Hey all!

I can't believe its been nine years since I first viewed EVA in a two-day marathon session. Life has never been the same for me in a very positive way.

Pleased to find a community in English that's still alive and kicking after all this time. :smirk:
I'm in my kitchen, all's right with the world.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:17 am

Welcome to the horrors of EGF. Hope you enjoy it here.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

3edgedsword
Embryo

Postby 3edgedsword » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:58 am

View Original PostSammaeloo wrote:Welcome to the horrors of EGF. Hope you enjoy it here.

Thank you. After looking around I think I'll be comfortable around here for quite some time.
I'm in my kitchen, all's right with the world.

Meghan
Embryo

Postby Meghan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Salutations everyone!

My name is Meghan and I have been an Evangelion fangirl for the past 10 years. Unfortunately, 10 years of reading and watching the series has risen just as many questions as it has answered.

I look forward to heated debates and lengthy discussions here in the forums! If I am in error for any reason, please let me know. Everyone makes mistakes but I seem to make them en masse.
"I'd rather live in a world with people in it, no matter how stained it is with sin."
-Kouzou Fuyutsuki

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby tomrule123 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Welcome, Meghan, to EvaGeeks Forum! Glad to see you're a big EVA fan. Believe me, you will enjoy discussing all about Evangelion and other stuff you want to know. On that note, have a great EVA day! :asuka_happy:

Eva-Unit-09
Embryo

Noob to site, not to Eva ;D

Postby Eva-Unit-09 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Hey! My name is Deb and Evangelion has been part of my everyday life since I was five. <333 I love it so much! haha I hope I enjoy my stay here!
~Oh Asuka <3
Oh Rei <3
Oh Shinji <3
Oh Misato <3
I love you all

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dartz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:06 pm

66% of your life.

Poor thing.

You'll fit right in here.