Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

DerSpaceDraken
Embryo

Postby DerSpaceDraken » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:01 pm

Raptor73 wrote:OK, first off, I'm amazed at just how off-topic this thread gets. Secondly, I how to contribute and be a great part of this forum~! ^_^

That avatar is the most amazing thing I've seen all month, for the record.

Moon Kaworu
Embryo

Postby Moon Kaworu » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Another new person here, though only new insomuch as making an account. I've lurked around here for a while, reading through discussions and so forth and browsing the associated wiki. I love this place; it really does turn up some good information or otherwise interesting points to consider about stuff.

I've been an Eva fan since I was maybe 13 or 14, though I didn't see the whole series until a good while later than that. I'm 20 now, and am eagerly awaiting the next Rebuild movie (if my username wasn't enough of a tip).

Nice to meet you all, even if chances are I'll keep on lurking except on the odd occasion I feel a need to add a thought.

Edit: I should probably mention that, despite the username, I'm female.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 pm

@Moon Kaworu
Nice having you here and hope you like the threads. By the way nice choice for an avatar; it's sure is out of this world, Shinji approves. :shinji_blush:
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 am

Moon Kaworu: Awesome screen name and avatar. I'm kinda jealous! ^_^

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 am

Moon Kaworu wrote:despite the username, I'm female.
"Despite"? In the first place, Kaworu is a unisex name; and in the second, ... :devil:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:02 am

^I feel a cold wind comin' on...

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:17 am

Hi hi, I'm another one of those "long time lurker" people. I used to have a shameful forum addiction, but now I usually stick to the shadows. ^_^ I'm a human female (Canadian branch) and like killing polar bears with ice magic and eating them, as is our custom. Long walks along the beach are good, too. Or the sidewalk. No beaches, really.

I didn't see Evangelion until I was in university. Up until then I'd thought it was a silly bland mecha. Then a talented and much respected friend recommended it as her favourite ever. So I watched it. Turns out it was 100% the sort of thing I'd been looking for. I went to Catholic school (not the private kind where there's a saucy mandatory cosplay policy) and thought the Book of Revelations was freaky, so NGE was... perrrrrfect.

I'm a fan of Asuka and Misato, because they remind me of myself at different points in my "development". >_> Aaaiiiee, it can be uncomfortable identifying with anyone from the Nerv crazy-train, but that's humans for ya~

You can pronounce my username however you want. I will likely mysteriously never post again. o_O

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:57 am

oOoOoOo wrote: I'm a human female (Canadian branch) and like killing polar bears with ice magic and eating them, as is our custom.

Violence against poor polar bears? Eating the helpless old things? I don't approve.

I'm a fan of Asuka and Misato, because they remind me of myself at different points in my "development". >_> Aaaiiiee, it can be uncomfortable identifying with anyone from the Nerv crazy-train, but that's humans for ya~

Don't worry, 99.99% of the people here identify with someone or the other in the show. ;)

You can pronounce my username however you want. I will likely mysteriously never post again. o_O

Would O-7 be all right? No probs, feel free to post any time you want. ^_^
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:33 am

Hello!

My name is Greg, and i'm from Hungary.

I have been lurking around these forums for a while now, and decided to join in on the fun. EVA has been an interest of mine for over two years now, and with the Rebuild films on their way, life seems to be buzzing around here.

I'm looking forward to some decent discussion with all of you.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:54 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Violence against poor polar bears? Eating the helpless old things? I don't approve.

I would hardly call those soulless killing machines helpless. You may not approve, but Colbert definitely would.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:15 am

Gah, Colbert and his arctophobia.

Salty Joe wrote:My name is Greg, and i'm from Hungary.

Welcome!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:54 am

BrikHaus wrote:
UrsusArctos wrote:Violence against poor polar bears? Eating the helpless old things? I don't approve.

I would hardly call those soulless killing machines helpless. You may not approve, but Colbert definitely would.

Oh hell yeah.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:05 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Despite"? In the first place, Kaworu is a unisex name; and in the second, ...
:w00t: Ooh, I really wanted to bring that up but didn't know if it would derail us...

@oOoOoOo
Was it anything like Evangelion Datenroku (sans the angels)?

@UrsusArctos
Shouldn't it be o^7?
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Moon Kaworu
Embryo

Postby Moon Kaworu » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:06 pm

@Synapsid and Oedipusfoot
Thank you! When I thought of the username, I liked it too much not to use it. And as for the avatar, it just seemed thematically fitting.

Mr. Tines wrote:"Despite"? In the first place, Kaworu is a unisex name; and in the second, ... :devil:

Good point. Really should've known that first one - call it a brain fart. :sweatdrop:

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:12 pm

is that really good fanart or am i forgetting some frame where kaworu nearly facepalms?

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:15 pm

@Moon Kaworu You might find something of interest in a topic we've got on Manga Kaworu's advances on Shinji.

Arg,I was wrong again >_< , just go by what Odipus says.
Last edited by Synapsid on Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:01 pm

I missed my 1 year anniversary on here :asuka_sad:
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Axell wrote:is that really good fanart or am i forgetting some frame where kaworu nearly facepalms?

It's not from the actual movie, it's an official image made by Atsushi Okuda.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:53 am

Ugh, Gakuen Datenroku would have been a better school experience. >_< I always thought school uniforms were the fun part about learning in a sex-hating brick-hole. You'd prance around in your pleated skirt and dream of all the cute things you'd wear on the weekend. But noooo, make me actually think when I wake up in the morning! All the polar bears were just bystanders in my angry battle with the forces of non-dress code puritanism!!! And because it was lunch.

Variations on O7 are fine. ^_^ Gaaaaaaaa, I broke my promise to never post again~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:24 pm

oOoOoOo wrote:UYou'd prance around in your pleated skirt and dream of all the cute things you'd wear on the weekend.

The pleats on the dark skirts should not be noticeable.
The white sailor collar should always be tidy.
Walking slowly is preferred here.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Old Stickies”