FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:52 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I want to grab the entire millenial generation by how disinterested and ironic and above everything it is and shove it up its own ass. Thanks for listening.

What was that? I couldn't hear you over how far my head is up my own ass. Try again later.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:31 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I want to grab the entire millenial generation by how disinterested and ironic and above everything it is and shove it up its own ass. Thanks for listening.

Would you mind expanding on this a bit. I feel as though I'm missing some of that... what was it again... context, that's it context.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:40 pm

Not all of us were Bernie or Busters.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:12 pm

Do you need help applying this to yourself?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Do you need help applying this to yourself?

If I go up my own ass any faster I'll be able to power a turbine.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:11 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:If I go up my own ass any faster I'll be able to power a turbine.

There's the solution for the energy crisis. XD
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:54 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:There's the solution for the energy crisis. XD

Well, now we have that pesky 2nd law, right? Unless your "ass-ascending" power is fueled by emotional energy...
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:14 pm

It's how Maxwell's Demons come into existence.
JUSTICE & MERCY

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:05 am

Despite being 24 I still don't feel like a Functioning adult.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:21 am

Is 24 adulthood?

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby imprimatur13 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:37 am

Well, nice as it'd be, there's no age where you magically become mature, responsible, self-sufficient, etc. Dependent on other things, like one's life circumstances (can't discount the importance of those: Sometimes, no matter how responsible you are, you simply aren't able to take care of yourself due to factors beyond your control. Such as health reasons, etc.), and one's own personal growth.
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:33 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Despite being 24 I still don't feel like a Functioning adult.

Well I'm 25, and I've had a load of responsibilities since I was 16, so I've been forced into being an adult since then. I miss the old days though, not having to get up before 8:00a every day. So just because you don't feel like a functioning adult doesn't mean that's a bad thing. I do wish my "childhood" had lasted longer because being a functional adult isn't all its cracked up to be.

Besides most functional adults aren't actually "functional" at all.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Want to flex your responsibility muscles? Try a part-time job. Even something in customer service is excellent practice for how workplace environments work. The extra spending money is nice too, and can create a sense of independence.

But if you can avoid work to stay in school, do that. I don't have the option, but I sure wish I could drop work to engage in school fully. Life gets expensive quickly.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Does being a functional alcoholic count?
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:45 pm

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:Does being a functional alcoholic count?

No... no it does not.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:03 am

Well, I've posted before but because of family issues I had to turn down a job offer in Japan. That was a year and a half ago. A few months ago while doing a consulting gig I was offered a very nice job at a start up. I thought about taking it and for the first time in so long I felt happy. My entire adulthood has just felt so depressing like there's no point and just working because of the responsibilities I have. I have to support my younger sibling due to earlier mentioned family issues. I'm always sad and tired but the extra money and work environment seemed nice. Maybe I would have to give up my dream of living in Japan but affording trips there would certainly be easier and what's wrong with that? I felt like I had an identity finally instead of just drifting as a consultant too. All of a sudden the owner offers me a significant downgrade in salary. I tell him I'm going to think about it. Then the unbelievable happens. He leaves me one day to pass out pay checks while he's gone. He's short changed a few people and didn't tell me. One of the employees is so upset he leaves and comes back with a gun. I talked him down thankfully telling him there was nothing I could do and I made copies of his timesheets and told him to talk to the owner. I literally opened my briefcase and tossed everything inside on the desk and just ran out.

He called me later and I was so mad but he kept telling me to just deal with it. I told him I couldn't do this and hung up. He harassed me for over a month calling me and texting me from different numbers to the point where I was afraid to pick up my phone so I waited for people to leave messages. The last time he messaged me was a few weeks ago though so I think he's gotten the hint. I told my consulting agency and they barely cared. Hell when I told my boss I had a gun pointed at me he just kind of blankly stared at me and flatly said "Well ... what do you want me do something?" not even an "Oh my god, I'm sorry, how did it happen or are you ok?" I wanted to grab that awful salesman by the collar and shake him. I'm consulting again been on a few interviews, no call backs, heck I'm not even worth a rejection email to these people apparently. I'm back to my drifting life and it just feels awful heck I wonder if I was overreacting to quitting that other job some days. I'm pretty poor right now supporting myself, my sibling and our two dogs right now but the only vacation day I've used this year was after some dental surgery so wondering if I should try to plan something by the end of the year with my vacation days even if it's just taking a few days off to watch anime and play video games to help improve mood.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:26 am

You definitely weren't overreacting. Having your boss make you hand out paychecks then disappearing says he knew shorting some of those people could be a problem. Thankfully you able to talk him down, but it seems like the consulting agency you work for doesn't seem to care what happens as long as they get paid. I've worked at places like that, and its not fun. I've never had a gun pointed at me, but the entire lack of empathy from your employers is very concerning. Using your vacation/sick days to get some time off seems like a good idea, that way you can relax and do what you'd like.

Also, I'll ask the question the people you work for seemed incapable of asking, are you ok?

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:34 am

Yes, he didn't fire the gun so maybe I'm overreacting but it was really scary. I've just been so anxious and depressed since.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 am

I 100% promise you were not overreacting.
When I was a kid, I was playing in a Burger King playground & accidentally knocked a younger kid down (while coming down the slide I think) bumping him on his head apparently (no blood or anything), he got right up crying.
Not sure if I told my mom & we went over & apologized to him/his dad or if the dad calmly confronted us in the restraunt but regardless a apology was made & we left immediately.
We were sitting in the car in the parking lot looking at my homework when the father comes over kicks our car door.
We roll down the window out of concern the kid was harmed worse then thought offering to pay for hospital, but the dad threatens to shoot us. He wasn't holding a gun but still.
We drove away trying to find a cop in the nearby grocery store parking lot but nada.
We were terrified.
You actually having a gun pointed directly at you is obviously much worse.

Have you considered reporting it to the police?

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:14 pm

I thought about it but I don't want to be involved with any of those people again. I just want it to be over

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”