FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Jesus, Sachi. At least you're okay.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:16 pm

That is one bad night. My sympathies and well-wishes.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:08 pm

I wish I could give you a great big hug, lad.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:02 am

I'm glad you weren't hurt, Sachi.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:41 am

Sachi, I'm so sorry for what happened to you. I dare say you feel, as in common in these situations, that the sense of violation is even more hurtful than the loss of what was taken. I'm sure that will pass in time; and if it leaves a sense of needing to be more cautious in the future, that will be no bad thing.

Anyway, my best wishes for you as you work this out.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Thank you, everybody. The important thing is that I'm safe, yes. Thankfully they were content with just robbing me, and not also beating my ass. Yesterday was able to cancel my debit card and order a new one, I hung out at the DMV to get my ID taken care of, and I replaced my phone. I'm still super bummed about the Gameboy, but the fact that that seems to be the worst of the losses is actually a good thing, all things considered.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:27 pm

Thank goodness for small mercies, eh?

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:08 pm

Another day of dealing with the dickhead assistant tech of our neighboring store at work.

"Don't put games up that arent fixed!"

Me: "Uh... what?"

"Tower Crane and Ticket Carnival! Don't un tag them if they don't work!" *Walks out*

In my head on the way to look I was going:

"Ok dickface, you were the one who ripped out the ticket mech from tower crane and powered it off with no tags and Ticket carnival was working fine till now.... *Looks at both games, no tags in sight, both powered off*

Point proven, not my fault you prick.

/end rant

Only monday and friday next week left and I wash my hands of that hellhole then its back to my home store... thank god.

EDIT: Laughing as I was told today by my boss that certain individuals at the said other store complained about me to our DM during the conference call yesterday. DM pretty much told them too bad and to deal with me being there as he gave me the order to be there. Evidently they do not like that I impress upon them the standard they are supposed to be holding. So I got complained on for doing my job. :rolleyes:

I love having upper management on my side.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:19 pm

I saw The Wind Rises [please pardon me for the spoilers] a couple of hours ago and when it finished I had to walk out of my room and I couldn't even reach the couch before starting to silently cry in the dark.
I was full of mixed emotions: my beloved girlfriend is exactly like the woman in the movie, every time she was on screen she was doing something that I could remember having done with her.
When I saw this character passing away it was almost like the light has gone from my life. I thought about how much I need her in my life, not just to be happy, I need her to go on and carry on.
I past a few bad days dealing with my dysthymia like I do every year in the holiday season but this time it was stronger, the 26th of december (which is a national holiday here) the father of a friend died. I didn't know what to feel when I heard the news, I was supposed to feel bad for him but I could only think about my grandfather, who died five years ago that day. I cried a lot, he was like a father to me since my biological father was a cruel, violent and unbearable figure that I regret being born from. I was sad and I thought I was being egoistic by feeling so sad, but I also felt so relieved: I don't cry every ofter, I don't ever cry. Last time I cried was maybe the year before. I was starting to believe I ran out of tears for my life time.
I want to improve, I want to get better and bonds with others but there's a part of me that's too scared to do so. I don't talk very much about how I feel, I think that my mother probably knows there's something wrong wit me but I don't have the courage to speak to her about it. I want to be strong in front of her. I feel like I'm stuck, every year the same things keep happening, every holiday is like an hell to me.
I always lie to me shit like "I'm definitely going to talk with a psychologist after this" but I never do it, I keep just going on and after some times I probably get used to it and I just start being normal again. Fake smiles, easy jokes, lots of meaningless words as a mask. I'm good at faking and I hate it. I'd like to hit the lowest point possible, I'd like to not be able to keep going so maybe I'll really start doing something about the huge mess my head is.
I like to write stuff when I'm sad, the more sad I am the best pieces I can write, it's like a curse. I play some instruments, I go out and takes pictures with my camera. I do a lot of stuff but nothing really helps me. I probably know what I need to do but I don't know why I don't want to do it.
I can't even kill myself 'cause my will to live is fortunately stronger than every other negative emotion I've felt, but I feel like I'm going nowhere. I'm 21 in a few days, I'm lucky enough to know some wonderful people in my life but I can't open up with them even if they all care for me. I have a wonderful mother and a wonderful girlfriend and I can't see why should they love me, I feel like I'm wasting their time and my time here on earth, the more the days pass the less chances I have to improve my life. Time pushes me down and the only thing I could do is write some useless stuff to some strangers on the internet. Pathetic.

Sorry for the rant.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:00 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I can't even kill myself 'cause my will to live is fortunately stronger than every other negative emotion I've felt

There is a reason for that, what holds you to this life, find it, focus on it and never let go.

and the only thing I could do is write some useless stuff to some strangers on the internet. Pathetic.

Venting is nether useless nor pathetic. The fact that you can open up to someone, stranger or not shows you can open up, you just need to work harder to gradually do so to those closer to you.

Don't worry about ego, you holding powerful emotions towards your grandfather is a truly wonderful thing. I had a situation similar to yours... my dad's dad was kinder to me then my father, the contrast was probably not to the severe extent that yours was but still, and after he died... I still worry from time to time that I didn't feel enough from his passing, I miss him unquestionably but the loss wasn't... powerful. Maybe that is simply how I deal with death, I don't know. But never feel bad or guilty for grieving your own losses.

Best of luck man.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:45 pm

At this point I'm not sure what's worse: the fact that the Home Office still hasn't decided whether or not to give me a replacement visa and return my passport, or the fact that I could have had this all done by last week if I'd been willing or able to sacrifice another 36 quid to them (on top of the £189 for the visa itself) and had this all done by last week. If they don't send me word by tomorrow I might have to move my flight back another 2 days to compensate, and I'm already missing one day of the new semester as it is.

...Maybe I should have just decided to brave border control without my visa, since my biometrics should still be in the system and I could have been there earlier and £189 richer than I currently am.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:08 pm

Just randomly woke up. At 4 IN THE MORNING. What is going on with me?
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:57 am

While I was away from the house helping my dad with his job to earn some spending money, my mother (somehow) set the garage on fire completely by accident while she was cleaning it. (This is all secondhand from her BTW as I wasn't there when it happened). It was a small fire, but there was a lot of smoke. Fortunately, thanks to the garden hose she managed to put it out before we would have had to call the fire department.

Could have been worse. Personally, I'm just glad she's okay and that the rest of the house didn't burn down.

What a way to ring in the new year.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:08 am

View Original PostRay wrote:What a way to ring in the new year.

Thinking this way is a known and documented cognitive distortion that is a component of a depressive mindset. It's worth reminding yourself that the year is just a number that changes on an arbitrary date to mark time, not a discrete unit that is tainted by the slightest bad thing. Time is a stream of experiences, and ultimately we remember moments, not days, let alone years.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:51 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote: Thinking this way is a known and documented cognitive distortion that is a component of a depressive mindset.

You're a mod right? Have you not seen my posts? I'm pessimistic about everything, human nature, death, the futility and nihilism of our modern world. It's insane.

It's worth reminding yourself that the year is just a number that changes on an arbitrary date to mark time, not a discrete unit that is tainted by the slightest bad thing. Time is a stream of experiences, and ultimately we remember moments, not days, let alone years.

In the scope of things, it could have been A LOT worse. Again, I'm just glad this was a slightly bigger than usual mistake that we're going to look back on and laugh. But it could have easily turned into a tragedy if any of the circumstances had been different.

Ugh. I need a break from this forum for a bit. There's so much shit going on in the world and my life right now that talking on a forum about a fucked up Japanese cartoon really doesn't amount to anything or change anything for the better. I'll be back later once I've gotten this mess cleaned up. Literally and metaphorically.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:40 am

Later then, Ray.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:19 am

Lost my wallet- and everything in it- today. Luckily it turned out that it had been in the backseat of the car and my mother had been driving around with it the whole day, but by the time I found it my mother and grandmother had worked themselves up into a frenzy; we were so convinced that it was stolen that I ended up cancelling my credit and debit cards. The replacements will be here soon, but it's going to be annoying being without any currency while I'm travelling towards the end of the week, and it was vaguely disheartening to see my family immediately assuming that I made another colossal screw-up and going to battle stations.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:16 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Lost my wallet- and everything in it- today. Luckily it turned out that it had been in the backseat of the car and my mother had been driving around with it the whole day, but by the time I found it my mother and grandmother had worked themselves up into a frenzy; we were so convinced that it was stolen that I ended up cancelling my credit and debit cards. The replacements will be here soon, but it's going to be annoying being without any currency while I'm travelling towards the end of the week, and it was vaguely disheartening to see my family immediately assuming that I made another colossal screw-up and going to battle stations.

I feel you, a few years ago I lost my wallet twice in a month. Actually I was robbed twice but it's so frustrating when they accuse you for this kind of things.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:33 pm

At least you didn't have to sit at the DMV for hours for an ID replacement too! That was certainly one of the more annoying parts of when I recently had to replace the contents of my wallet. Although, not having bank cards is probably more of an inconvenience overall.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:33 am

For the third pay period in a row, I've only received a partial amount of my check. The first time was literally half of what it should have been, while the second time was for only four days (which should have been ten days). Well, this time I only got paid for five hours. :| I've been busting my ass off during these holidays. I should have 80 regular hours with over 15 overtime hours, and I literally only got $50. I'll be getting my money, but not for several days, and I'll have to pick up the check myself instead of getting it deposited directly. This is ridiculous. I am seriously fucking peeved right now.

EDIT: I was going over my payroll a bit, and discovered that 2 of the five hours I'm getting were due to break violations (I didn't get a 30 min meal break), while the other three were from hours I worked at a different store to cover for them. So, basically I didn't get paid at all by the store I actually work for. WTF??
- Sachi

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”