[News] strange happenings of 2015

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:17 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Gathering information through extralegal avenues in sweeping collections that don't discriminate between targets and then holding onto that info they legally shouldn't have in the first place just in case it becomes useful later is a damn far way from due dilligence.

Good thing I never said anything of the sort, then. I was talking about opsec there, and said as much. Let's not start burning straw men, eh? And you're operating in hindsight there, not talking about the law as it was interpreted at the time.

It's treating the public as suspects you just don't have a crime to pin on them yet.

Given that the U.S. public have never been established to be targets of NSA investigation that doesn't really hold up. The public are being used to collect data on foreign targets, not treated as targets themselves. It's not the same thing. That doesn't mean everything is hunky-dory, but just because there might be a problem doesn't mean everything you care to say about it is valid.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:18 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Given that the U.S. public have never been established to be targets of NSA investigation

oh
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:21 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:oh

"British government"

Oh.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:23 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:"British government"

Oh.

article wrote:...members of the United States military working at the spy agency sometimes shared sexually explicit photos they intercepted.

Oh.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:24 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:"British government"

Oh.

But if you read the article, the whole sharing thing was actually done by the NSA

boosh.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:28 pm

View Original Postr1cepurin wrote:But if you read the article, the whole sharing thing was actually done by the NSA

And nowhere is it said the photos are of U.S. citizens. The claim he was trying to refute is that U.S. citizens aren't targeted, and that article does nothing to refute it. It's also entirely hearsay and unsubstantiated anywhere else. So no, try again.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:10 pm

I like hysterical counter protests.

The State of Texas has okay'd concealed weapons carry inside of college classrooms. Protesters have countered by hanging massive dildos from their backups.

Essentially, 'if you're going to carry a firearm into the classroom, I'm going to carry a MASSIVE DILDO.'
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:43 am

As a supporter of guns and dildos I see this as a win win.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:14 am

Today is where people would file candidacy to run for president of my country. Among the dozens who did so, this guy was literally straight out of Iron Man 3 -- The Mandarin:

https://www.facebook.com/ANCalerts/photos/a.266154773790.143592.262155953790/10153365110013791/?type=3&fref=nf

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:39 am

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:00 am

Then what is the magazine good for?
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:45 am

^

Why, the articles, of course!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:37 am

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:17 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Idiot! Idiot! Why?

Florida just do.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:35 pm

It's probably worked out for the best; you can bet no one will ever want to hug her again, so she evidently got what she wanted!

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:23 am

^
That sue-crazy woman and this...

The stupidity inherent in such people is beyond disbelief.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:00 pm

Speaking of suing people: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Man-hit-by-16-pound-pine-cone-in-S-F-park-files-6567225.php

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”