Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

PG 134
Adam

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:06 am

Security did check his bag. I was bumped to the next post in rotation so it was not I that ended up checking it. I did request a manager be called to make sure the next person in rotation did check it. Don't know why he didn't want anyone checking it though. Didn't appear to be any prohibited items.

Logoguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Logoguy » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:53 am

After several months of being unemployed, I finally got myself another job :D Good hourly rate, too.
"The world is sick because our symbols are sick... and the purest of us are its victims." -King Lear

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:59 am

Congratulations, Logoguy.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Well after a 16 hour day yesterday including travel time, I am now certified to install our incoming Playpass system at work, though my location won't be seeing it until probably next year. Had the theory of operation down well before ever seeing the hardware and my suspicions were correct on how it interfaces and communicates with our games, and the server that will be installed to coordinate the entire system. Only thing I'm not certified on is the Auto feeding and Manual feeding token hoppers, which depending I may be going in for training next week for those, but they may wait until the next training meeting for when the other half of our district is done next year (Including my store) since that's more or less a pre-install thing where as for now I am just helping out on the "Go Live" nights in October for the Seattle area locations. Aced my practical test by assembling two readers and mounting on them on doors, installing the I/O interface, and wiring the things up with zero issues during the simple tests we did.

Was also cool getting to interact and meet with all the other store techs in our state. Despite only being an assistant tech at this time, they gave me just as much respect and credit as I did them, which is awesome. I hope to in the near future to lose the assistant title and be a tech in my own store. (which, scuttlebutt is I will very soon.)

Still, I am quite tired. After 16 hours on the clock and going to an employee game night after getting back at my home store, I was up for 22 hours total yesterday and only got about 5 hours sleep for work today, which right off the start was doing emergency repairs on our animatronic since the pin and bushings holding his head on were all but destroyed at some point yesterday while I was out.

Things are looking quite busy for the foreseeable future, but it shall be good I hope.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:12 am

Well, finally more or less officially moved in to my new place now that the internet is up and running so I don't have to keep mooching wifi to check in on things. It's smaller than my last place, but since I don't need a separate home office for tax purposes anymore and I'll be living on loans for the next 3 years it's hard to justify paying more than I have to. It's not cramped, it's... cozy. Now I just have to repeat that until I believe it.

Orientation starts Monday, and because I'll be in the school's 150th class there's a big ceremony and photo op planned, so day 1 is a suit day. Wee, law school. Quite a culture shift from the pants-optional work I've done for the last eight years! I honestly have no real idea what I'm getting myself into yet, so I'm stuck in a sort of nervous/excited hybrid state until the other shoe drops and horrible/awesome reality sets in.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:41 am

I reckon a decent (APC brand) working UPS for £4.99 with batteries (not new) and no shipping (it was local collection) was pretty good value. :)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Teti un
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Teti un » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:15 am

After 10 years,I've finally made a friend.
Some crab

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:26 pm

A little under two weeks ago, I was discharged from therapy. I can't say I feel like a new man, but I feel a whole lot better than when I went in. Being discharged doesn't mean I'm "cured"; as with something like alcoholism, one remains in recovery for life. That makes it sound a lot worse and more hopeless than it is; rather, like exercise and maintaining one's health generally, I've got to be mindful of my mental health. It means I need to continue to expose myself to the things that trigger me, and then not do the associated compulsion.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:40 pm

nice to have you back, monk
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Wedding Anniversary today. So far so routine - but this is the first one in my present marriage that is a higher number than my previous marriage reached ^_^ (23 years vs 22).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:12 pm

Congrats, Paul!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm

Congratulations, pwhodges.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:55 pm

It occurs to me that my ten year anniversary with the forums was last week. Cheers. :cheers:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:13 pm

I'll drink to that! :cheers:

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Happy anniversary, Sachi. :cheers:

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:34 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:It occurs to me that my ten year anniversary with the forums was last week.

Congratulations.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:11 am

Well first part of this is quite an FML, but it turns into a huge RML, hence why posting it all here.

Long story short: My car blew a head gasket on the way home from work Friday evening. In quite a bad way as well as it boiled the coolant and I lost it all in about the final mile to the house. No engine damage but the car is not able to be driven. Call Ford and the cost to repair is way more than its worth and could be even more depending on a few things. Logic says that's a no go and my first car "The Beast" has now been retired due to a career ending injury.

Now the huge RML:

Spent Friday evening worriedly looking over local lots inventories online as I need reliable transportation ASAP with upcoming travel for work. Made a shortlist of a few nice used cars to go look at Saturday. Come Saturday morning I looked at a few more places and caught that the local Hyundai dealer was having a massive sale on brand new 2017 Elantras. Having liked the Elantra when I looked at it at the Auto show this past winter, I decided it could not hurt to go take a look and me and my dad set off after dropping my nephew off at work. I was eyeing a blue or red one but the sales person (Whom was fantastic to work with, heck everyone at the dealer was.) showed me one in silver with everything I wanted and a little more (As the blue and red ones in stock were of the much more expensive trim levels) for a price I could not really refuse. Took it for a test drive and fell in love with it. Peppy acceleration, nice handling, nicely made comfortable interior. I could not ask for more.

Ended up working out a deal on it which is very affordable for me and after a couple hours of waiting on the loan approval well I drove off with this gem:

SPOILER: Show
ImageImage

Sure, its not the Dodge Challenger I was saving for, but is soooo much nicer than my old car and I am totally happy with it, even having it barely over 24 hours :lol:
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Today I looked at the ocean and the ocean said: be king.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

CommanderFish
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby CommanderFish » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:27 pm

Chuckman wrote:Today I looked at the ocean and the ocean said: be king.

:clap:
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:54 am

So, after things got really bad for a while, reaching a breaking point one night when I inflicted harm upon myself, I finally reached out and started therapy. I was a bit of a mess going in, but today has made three weeks, and my doctor is impressed with my improvement. And while nothing has really changed between then and now as far as my situation goes, I do genuinely feel a lot better. Just putting effort into changing my mentality and doing little things to be more active has done a lot to help my energy, and I feel less hopeless all the time. The hardest part was getting started, but now that things are in motion I'm really glad it worked out the way it did, and I'm feeling a bit optimistic about the future.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”