Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Re: Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:26 am

I'm guessing Chuckman has no interest in things of that nature. Liking asses is one thing. Liking what comes out of them is something else.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:39 pm

That statue is a lie, girls don't poop. It is known.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:07 am

I do not have pancreas cancer. Phew!

Although I still need to take pancreas enzymes for the time being to avoid wasting away, this may not be permanent.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:38 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:I do not have pancreas cancer. Phew!

Although I still need to take pancreas enzymes for the time being to avoid wasting away, this may not be permanent.

Thank Jesus and the British Healthcare system!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:58 am

Awesome news, Paul! :clap:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:07 am

Thank goodness.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:12 am

I was particularly agitated given the David Bowie news, but I'm glad you won't be emulating him in this one respect!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Found a textbook I needed on Amazon for $1. Instead of purchasing through the University Co-Op, Amazon purchases allowed me to save about $150 altogether. Now I just have to hope the used books don't take three weeks to arrive.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Hallelujah! *Mako hands*

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:27 pm

Thank God. :huggles: I'd rather not lose anyone else anytime soon, if fate could help it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:43 pm

That's great news pwhodges! Glad to hear it. ^_^
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:33 pm

Congratulations, pwhodges! I'm really happy to hear that. :D
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:50 pm

That's good news! ^_^
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Hot diggity damn, that's good to hear!
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:55 pm

Glad to hear that, pwhodges!
[Redacted]

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:13 am

Well, I ended up ordering a used copy of Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus from Newegg for $50 (which was far cheaper and less time consuming than the other options I had at the time). The description said it was an open-box item and none of the extras were guaranteed to come with it, so I was kind of nervous about ordering it. I felt even worse the day after I ordered it when I discovered that Gamestop's website had somehow restocked new copies of the game (despite it being out-of-print everywhere else). But my order had already shipped and there was nothing I could do. Well, I lucked out. The game arrived with all the extras and original packaging in almost mint condition. The game case and soundtrack were actually still factory-sealed, only the art book had been opened. Apparently the original owner had bought the game not knowing what Senran Kagura was about, took one look at the art book, and returned it immediately. :lol: The only real damage was that during transit one corner of the box, and therefore the artbook as well, was dented. Other than that it's all mint.

Oh, and I bought a new hard drive to replace the 500GB HDD in my PS4, which was almost full. I wanted to make this something I only needed to do once, so after lots of searching I found a Seagate 4 Terabyte 2.5" HDD. The only catch was that it was 15mm thick instead of the 9.5mm thickness the PS4's hard drive bay was designed for. After doing some measuring, I discovered that if I cut out the top of the metal cage that went over the HDD I would have just enough room to stuff the 15mm drive inside and close the cover... just barely. So I did, and after some gentle squeezing to get the top cover back on, it worked! There is a slightly noticeable bulge in the plastic HDD bay cover now, but I have 4TB of completely internal storage without using any add-ons! The new drive also seems faster, installing a game from a disc takes only about 10 seconds. I transferred my save data effortlessly using a USB drive, but unfortunately I'm having to re-patch all the games now, which takes forever and eats up a lot of data. By the way, I do not recommend installing this type of drive in your PS4 unless you're familiar with how the console is constructed because you can easily damage the console by cutting into the wrong thing while making room for the 15mm drive. I myself had to be very careful not to twist the metal I was cutting because it was part of a larger plate that covers the entire motherboard and helps hold the CPU in place. I also had to be careful not to cut into the motherboard itself. Needless to say, Sony recommends 9.5mm 2.5" HDDs for a reason. -o-; Overall though I am very pleased with how this project turned out.
[Redacted]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:58 pm

My Game Capstone class has started and my group is going with someone else's idea. (Yes this is an RML. Read on.)

I walked into an extracurricular meeting of my group with a presentation ready about my game idea. (The "class" is actually a senior project; we divided into groups of which each will make a game from beginning to end over the next ~20 weeks.) I was afraid my idea would be a hard sell, but to my surprise I got a lot of the team really excited. In their excitement they even spouted off ideas that I had already thought up independently but not yet shared and even ideas I was going to get to later in the presentation.

But in the end, the group narrowly went with the strongest contender, and I couldn't be happier.

The reason? They started taking my idea into directions I reeeally didn't like, enough so that I almost cast my vote for the idea that wound up winning rather than my own. (I basically did that anyway by steering discussion away from mine at points to get more time spent on developing what would become the eventual winner.) Plus they were taking it in several different directions at once, such that even if we had decided on my idea we would have had to decide on a specific version that we'd have to focus our efforts on in the time we have available.

I don't see how this could have gone better. I made a huge splash and got a shockingly positive reception to my pitch, without having to live down the near-backfire that happened. I got to see in the flesh that I can communicate a vision and get people excited by it. And the people who got excited by my idea got really excited -- one of them even requested (later, online) a copy of the demo I showed and said he'd like to work on it some other time.

If I ever do form my own studio some day, I have confidence now that this idea can go somewhere.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Glad to hear the doctor gave the best news possible, Hodges.

On-topic: As bad as these recent situations have been there are still spots of good times chirping in occasionally. Specifically, my mother and sister will be leaving to Bonito (a really nice tourist spot in Brazil my mother has been wanting to go to for years). I can't accompany them as my mother only had enought money for one and i have to study anyways, but that means i'll have the house for myself all the way from Wednesday to next Monday!

Needless to say, lots of fun will be had in this week after/if the pawn thing is solved :heehee:
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:40 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:\Needless to say, lots of fun will be had in this week after/if the pawn thing is solved :heehee:

I'm assuming that by "fun", you need fucking the maid in the ass.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Let's not go there.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”