Everything is Rockin'! [RML Thread 4]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:56 pm

Windows 10 installed successfully, though with frustrations and issues with the move, though I'm pleased with the move from 7. Also bought a Samsung S27D360 monitor to replace my 3 year old LG. Fantastic monitor for the money. Almost went with a 32" instead of this 27", but a 32" would barely fit on my desk. This one is a perfect fit.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

Chainsaw Owl
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Chainsaw Owl » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:28 am

After well over a decade of waiting, a remake of Resident Evil 2 is finally underway. I couldn't possibly be in a better mood right now.
Set phasers to thrill.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:27 pm

This is going to sound like a FML, but it has an good ending.

So my dog who I have had for around 7 years now had a tumor in his throat. My family and I didn't know this till recently because we saw that our dog was just always out of it. Not eating, always sleeping, and always in pain due to his very soft whimpers when he did eat.

So we took him to the vet to find out he had aforementioned tumor. So they offer to do surgery to remove it which we didn't hesitate to accept. Several hours later we go back to the vet to get our dog, and the surgery was a success.

Two days later, which is today he is doing so much better than he was. But it was definitely a scare, and I am extremely happy he is doing better now.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:34 pm

It is surprising quite how rapid the improvement is after a successful operation like that, even while still recovering from the trauma of the operation itself.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:19 pm

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:Windows 10 installed successfully, though with frustrations and issues with the move, though I'm pleased with the move from 7. Also bought a Samsung S27D360 monitor to replace my 3 year old LG. Fantastic monitor for the money. Almost went with a 32" instead of this 27", but a 32" would barely fit on my desk. This one is a perfect fit.

Uninstall it immediately.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:48 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Uninstall it immediately.

There's really no need to do such a thing. See here.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:44 pm

Rowdy Ronda Rousey is taking on Bethe Correia tonight, and I found a channel that's showing it. I've gut my money on Ronda 'Fuck Your Tea Kettle Warmer' Rousey.

Girl is gonna break faces tonight.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 pm

^
My mom is really worried about her, says that that other lady made fun of her dead dad or something.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:26 pm

So it finally happened. After 8 years of hell, it finally happened.

I. moved. out

Who knows what took us so long, but what matters is that I'm finally out of that hellhole called the ghetto. I don't know what the house looks like right now, because I'm in Korea until late September, but this is absolutely a time to celebrate.

*cue unnecessary backstory*

I remember moving there when I was about 14, and it was hard. It was a mostly black area, which wasn't a big deal. Well, I told myself it wasn't, and thought "oh okay just because they're black doesn't mean anything. We'll be accepted" Well, we weren't. We were definitely different and stuck out like a sore thumb in some way, which resulted in me being unable to do daily activities like going out to shop or getting exercise. I was always getting stared at, being told sexually harassing things, being told I "don't belong", and constantly being asked if I was white (my mom is Mexican, my dad is white).

You know what else my location did? It made it hard to invite friends over to my house. No one wants to have to deal with their parents dropping them off in an area like that, or leaving their car parked in such a place. I had a friend who found out early where I lived and just told me "um..yeah, can we just meet at Starbucks instead? I don't wanna get mugged, sorry." I even had friends who are USED TO those type of areas and they told me how awful it is that I live there.

Anyway, I don't want to cause a tangent of any sort, and you don't need to agree with my feelings. Point is, I'm free of living in a crappy area. Now I just need to get out of Southern America and I'll really be happy.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:06 pm

Finally acquired a tablet.

Nothing fancy, it's just a basic Android based one, but man I love having something much more portable than my laptop now. Will come in handy at work too now that we have WiFi so we can look up parts and manuals without having to wait our turn on the management computer.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:11 pm

Android tablets are great. I've got one of the small 7" tablets with a headphone jack, micro USB port, mini HDMI port, and micro SD card slot. It fits right in my pocket so I can take it to work with me. It's even powerful enough to emulate PSP games reasonably well, but mostly I use it for anime. The best thing is that when I get home I can hook it to my TV and use it as a streaming box. It was originally a $120 tablet, but I got it in an amazon sale for $56.
[Redacted]

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:44 am

I found a Motion Computing tablet in Dad's garage. The thing is from about 2004. By modern standards, it's extremely underpowered, but it does run Debain Jessie rather well. Provided I disable all the desktop effects in KDE. The thing I like about it is that it uses a pen tablet as the touch screen and not an actual touch screen. Basically, what this means is that I can use the tablet with my hand resting on it like I would when I write and it won't fuck up the positioning of the cursor.

The battery is pretty shot, I'll buy a new one. It holds enough power for about an hour of web browsing. It's got a 900 MHz (yes, megahertz. Not gigahertz. megahertz.) Celeron in it with 2GiB of RAM. It's a lot of fun to play with, and the graphics adapter isn't too bad. The main issue is that it uses a PATA hard drive (I will probably get a PATA SSD for it) and that it gets fucking hot as shit. There's no fan in it, so I might modify it and add a little squirrel cage fan or something.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:38 pm

2 gigabytes is a crazy amount of ram for a tablet that old, it must have been really expensive back in the day. Even my modern tablet only has 1GB of ram. Cool find.
[Redacted]

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:42 pm

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:2 gigabytes is a crazy amount of ram for a tablet that old, it must have been really expensive back in the day. Even my modern tablet only has 1GB of ram. Cool find.
I should have added that when I found it, it only had 1GiB and ran WinXP. I put in another 1GiB stick (uses DDR). From the data I could find, it looks like it ran about $2100 new.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:12 pm

For the past few days, when I've gone into my study/home office, I've caught a whiff like something had crawled into a corner and died a while ago; but every time I've gone on hands and knees and sniffed around, there was no obvious source of it -- not even the bit of carpet where I had to clean up after the cats left a dead rat back in the spring. I even pulled out everything from my stash of shoes and sandals, but no sign. I was beginning to wonder if it was just hot humid weather plus cumulative shoe shop smell; or maybe something under the floorboards.

Earlier today, I finally found almost by accident, where a mouse had indeed crawled away to die, in a place where I had already sniffed around without smelling anything in particular. Now I just need to leave the windows open enough to air the place through.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:55 am

I FINALLY found several more female fronted goth rock bands that dont just sound like they are trying to copy Siouxsie and the Banshees, i mean holy shit i love Siouxsie and all but i want original sounds besides none of them have even come close to beating the Banshees at their own game.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:06 am

@Mr. Tines- Thankfully you found it! It's really odd and sucks when you get a whiff of something downright nasty, but then have no idea where it came from.

So I am sure I posted before that I moved down to Florida back in the beginning of July. Because of the differences in New Jersey schooling and Florida schooling I have only had about 3 real weeks of summer before school started. And now being almost 2 weeks into my junior year it seems moving may have been a good thing for me.

I find that I am making friends of which the same Demographic in my old school I would have no business taking to(I.e - Some of the popular kids). Also Cross Country has really helped me out with meeting people who will likely end up as my closer friends for the next two years of HS and maybe even beyond. It seems like junior year may be my best year of High School if things keep up this way.

So I am just hoping things keep going as good as they are right now, because as we all know good things don't seem to last very long.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

PG 134
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PG 134 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:10 am

Wohoo! Found out my auto insurance will only be an extra 10$ a month in Florida compared to what I was paying in Illinois. I still have the same full coverage I had back in Illinois. Having a loan on car required it. I was expecting a higher cost after reading about insurance prices here. I also was able to find a store to transfer to and am excited that it does not have a pharmacy! Pharmacy customers were the worst at my old store. The tourists are so nice here. I love the 10 or so mini golf options!

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Just got home from running my first shift tech shift on my own. My boss is out sick so naturally, it all defaults to me but our GM who normally would back me up is acting GM of another location nearby until they hire a new GM so I was on my own.

Smooth as butter. Had an assistant whom has only been working in the game room for three weeks but he did exceptionally well. Only thing I'm a little worried about is my paperwork. Had to do some calculating since they had to pull tokens from games last night and use them because they ran out. I think I may have caused a bit of an error in our variance for the week but I did follow what our DT told me to do and even my GM said not to worry about it if it is wrong.

So today was a bit of a learning experience. It was quite weird having authority beyond what I normally have, but they would not have given that to me if they did not trust that I could do a good job. Who knows, maybe someday soon I will be the head technician of my own location.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:29 am

It's happening!

My boyfriend was finally able to secure a job in NJ, so he's getting ready to move up. Now that I know where we'll be living, I have to schedule apartments to look at and start job-hunting. This is a big change coming up and it's giving me the jitters, but, at last, my life will be moving forward again.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”