FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:52 am

Kind of a mixture of FML/RML, but I finally got my A-Level results back. I got A*AB, which should definitely be enough for my insurance choice (University of Reading) but I might also get a near-miss acceptance to my firm choice (University of Durham). They haven't updated my UCAS Track online offer yet, though, so not knowing is killing me :sniffle:

On the plus side, that means my mother was wrong when she said I was going to 'disappoint [her] like always'.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:18 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:On the plus side, that means my mother was wrong when she said I was going to 'disappoint [her] like always'.

. . . that's a hell of a thing to say to your kid.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:07 am

I went to the mini mart at 5am to get a snack and some probiptic yoghurt, and now I feel chilly and my skin hurts, meaning one of those things made me sick. I'm eating kimchi to help with my digestion.

EDIT: Flu is gone, but FML page has gone unposted in for 2 days, this is seriously odd.

So...my computer forced me to "upgrade" to Windows 10, which looks like a piece of fucking shit and is making my computer's fan work even harder, making an obnoxious wirring sound. My sister said there's a button to make it magically go back to Windows 7, but I'm not seeing that at the moment....

Oh my god it won't restore without a disc...without a dreaded stupid disc.

I hate every single thing I'm seeing about Windows 10, only because it isn't Windows 7. It makes everything look like viruses, like the candycrush and minecraft ads look terrible, the way it alerts me, the way it refers to my programs as "apps", it's all disgusting trash. I think I'm going to trade this computer to my older sister. i don't care if it has all of my yiff and obsessive filth on it, keep Windows 10 away from me.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:36 am

Upgrading to Windows 10 is supposed to be an option, so you're not supposed to get it unless your PC complies with its minimum system requirements. Otherwise you may have to find a genuine Windows 7 installer disc, back up any documents you have, and then have someone reformat and reinstall Win7.

------
All right, I've just came home from my grandmother's burial in dad's home province (it was damn sad at age of 94 she was completely shriveled to skin and bones, despite my best efforts of my aunt to keep her alive) and for about a week I did have to keep to the funeral wake.

Now what ticked me off once I got there was that one of the first things I needed was a pack of smokes, only now that the province's incumbent governor has gone fucking full Bloomberg by banning cigarettes altogether, and me and my cousins had to find bootleg smokes, even to the point we had to go to another town to buy packs (there was one 7-11 which we found to be reluctantly having to pull out their entire stock of smokes, all of it dumped into a cooler and the guy there explained to us that they have to get their stuff out before the governor's bloodhounds could seize it); the governor had his rubber-stamp council approve the ordinance, and by my estimation he was preparing for next year's elections so that the anti-smoking cult would put him into office again.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:17 pm

Our tomato plants have grown way too big and now can't support their own weight. We've reinforced them with some more twine but we're worried that they won't last much longer.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:21 pm

View Original Postr1cepurin wrote:My sister said there's a button to make it magically go back to Windows 7, but I'm not seeing that at the moment....

The revert option is in the settings menu under update and security and then recovery.

Just had to use it yesterday to revert my parents computer after 10 would not play nice. Works flawlessly afterwards.

And yes 10 is an optional upgrade, one does not have to install it if one does not want to.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:44 pm

Who knows, my sister may have pressed something because I didn't do shit and she told me she didn't think she did anything.

New FML though cuz you know, those never end: Gas stove caused my sister and I to cough out our lungs and stay on the patio balcony for a bit. That's always fun, especially when it means the gas is probably fucked up, and I can't cook anything on the stove for the last 2 weeks I'm here. Shit tasted like pepper and the blood from the inside of my throat.

At least the tteobokki was good.
Last edited by r1cepurin on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:22 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Our tomato plants have grown way too big.
Ours always sprawl across the greenhouse, despite staking and tying to the staging. Didn't stop last year's plants cropping into the New Year (even if the last fruits ripened very slowly on almost dry stems).

@topic
Today I went for a bike ride, and at one point I had to cross the railway. When I arrived, the barrier was already down. Nearly 3 minutes later, a train arrived at the railway station on one side of the road, having not yet crossed the road. It sat at the station for 2 more minutes, before departing. The barriers stayed down. By this point, motorists were doing U-turns, to take a half mile detour to a bridge. I expected that a train might be coming the other way. But no. After a bit over 2 minutes, the barriers finally lifted. What The Fuck.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:14 pm

Probably have to do with the sensors a hundred yards away telling the crossing barriers to lower or raise as the train arrives. Or the sensors must've been screwed up.

--------
Visiting PC discussion threads can be jarring; often ‪#‎PCMasterRace‬ ends up as ‪#‎IntelMasterRace‬, given the huge ego tripping.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:29 am

It's normal for them to close before the arrival of a train at an adjacent station, in case of overruns I presume. On a busy commuter line (like Barnes in South London) this can be a significant amount of time in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:24 pm

So we didn't realize maple syrup needed to be kept in the refrigerator. The bottle seems to have developed some form of nasty growths.

Into the trash it goes.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:30 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:So we didn't realize maple syrup needed to be kept in the refrigerator. The bottle seems to have developed some form of nasty growths.

Into the trash it goes.

A similar thing happened to this black corn I bought from the store a month ago! The corn is supposed to be black, but it grew yellow tentacles and the leaves sported a few spots owo;

Personal fml:So I have this feeling that my sister is gonna be bad again and not take me places like she said. She is really nice and I love her (her passwords and her personal files have references to my birthdate and my name, despite having other sisters ), but she has a tendency to make empty promises like this, or forget. I think if all else fails I'll likely just order a cake from the bakery.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:08 am

So I'm reading EGF. I decide that I should do something else. I open up a new tab, and what do I click on? EGF.

:fuyu_facepalm:
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:26 am

...I know that feel. -o-;
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:28 pm

I want to say how unhappy I am about something in Eva. But I don't want to repeat anything I've already said, and I don't want to drag the forum down with my negative nancy negativity.

Fixed that for you. -NemZ

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:51 pm

So instead you come here and post cryptic messages about your inner unhappiness?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:53 pm

^

Very French.

...or German. I don't know, which country has a bigger subculture of world weariness?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:39 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:So instead you come here and post cryptic messages about your inner unhappiness?

Nuke. Stop. Fucking. Please stop.

I'm so tired of seeing you post in this bullshitty condescending tone of yours to other people on the forum. I don't even care if that comment you made was meant to be taken in a passive tone, you do it to a select number of people, and it makes you look immature as hell. You especially target Squiggs, who you don't even realize that sometimes he's likely posting that kind of stuff in jest? Seriously you need to be really egotistical or insecure in some sense to target people like that specifically.

I'm not trying to be malicious or blowing off steam or anything, I just want you to know how people feel when you post stuff like that. Also, Squig did nothing wrong. Jew isn't a race, so calling it racism is illogical. It's a religion first, an ethnicity second, but it's not a race.

As for the topic: fml because I lost all of my favorite drawing pens and I need to go to the store AGAIN to buy more. I'm good at askign where things are, just not colored pens/pencils. ugh.
Last edited by r1cepurin on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 pm

View Original Postr1cepurin wrote:Jew isn't a race, so calling it racism is illogical.

Blaming your headphones breaking on a religion or ethnicity is also illogical. Just because a group isn't a race doesn't make it ok to hate them for no reason.
[Redacted]

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:24 am

Good gods. I was this sort of sleep-deprived zombie for most of Friday, the sort of tired where you really want to sleep but your brain is too fired up to let that happen. Then when I think my evening meds finally kick in and I lay down to sleep, it doesn't happen. I feel weirdly overheated and congested or some shit... just uncomfortable. So now it's nearly 5:30 AM, still no sleep. Should have taken a melatonin earlier. Why didn't I take a melatonin? Gyah. Tomorrow, er, today, is going to be nothing but that feeling of staring into a dark abyss and feeling like it's swallowing me whole, into disembodied madness.

Body, you're punishing me for being a bad girl and eating all that ice cream, aren't you? It's okay. I deserve it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”