FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Take good care of it, don't let it get infected! If it does, visit a podiatrist as soon as you can.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:10 pm

Your toenail grooming needs just got 10% faster! 9 more to go and you'd have that task optimized.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:14 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Some older toys can't be played like new because over time their plastics could degrade in quality.

it wasn't even that old, it's only two years old

and so's the mold it's based off of too!
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:06 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:it wasn't even that old, it's only two years old

and so's the mold it's based off of too!

Sorry. The only Transformers I know of was back in the 80s. Also, be wary of knockoffs.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:58 am

Yeesh. I don't know if there's any glue or anything you could use to "heal" the crack. AFAIK plastic cement does nasty things to clear plastic so that might not be the best idea.

Also, yeah, plastic can degrade, but it really depends on the plastic. I have figures from 2001 whose actual plastic is still pretty strong. What you really want to look out for is the dreaded "gold plastic syndrome"- some toys from the late 80s and early 90s used this bronze/gold plastic with a distinctive swirl pattern. After a while it just "expires" and will crumble to bits at the slightest provocation. G2 Slingshot, G2 Electro and BW Neo Randy (snigger) are some of the worst examples.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:14 am

Oh god, I forgot about the live-action Kite movie. I guess it's coming out on DVD/Blu soon.
The trailer looks like shit :(

Stop adapting anime into live-action it won't work.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:50 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Oh god, I forgot about the live-action Kite movie. I guess it's coming out on DVD/Blu soon.

I still want to see it, if only for Samuel Jackson
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:00 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Oh god, I forgot about the live-action Kite movie. I guess it's coming out on DVD/Blu soon.

Phoenix wright, Death note, so far parasyte, it CAN work it just needs to be done differently than how you do a normal movie and needs a good director

Also deviantart doesn't allow hotlinks anymore, wtf
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:26 pm

View Original PostCompiling_Autumn wrote:I still want to see it, if only for Samuel Jackson

Sam Jackson in an anime movie? I'm intrigued. :nyao:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:44 pm

I'm not coping with my current transitional period too well: depressed, reclusive, putting on more weight, constant intestinal inflammation and bloating, awful sleep patterns, unmotivated, getting myself banned from EGF, etc. Doesn't help that I feel like I was duped into a cashier job. (Told at interview I'd do stocking, then hit with the switcheroo after I turned my job kit in. Terrified of asking one of the higher-ups what the fucking deal is.) Looking at my job hours for next week, I figuratively want to kill myself.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Eh. Gotta make that cash money somehow.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:53 pm

Some combination of stress and things caused by stress (binge snacking, poor sleep, etc), or is it all motivated by some deeper issue?

Cashiering isn't so bad, I've done that plenty at various jobs over the years. Just get yourself some comfy shoes with thick padded soles and put the bland customer pleasantries on an automatic loop while you tune out the idiocy. When it's busy a shift can fly by while you barely notice.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:03 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Eh. Gotta make that cash money somehow.
Sure, but being told you'll do one thing, that you accept and are (somewhat) happy with, and it then being sprung upon you that you'll be doing something else, which you don't feel ready for, is fair reason to be livid.

Grow up, be a woman and shut your mealy mouth - sure. At the very least however, this could have been apparent sooner. Not everyone can cope, and it can cause a great deal of stress for some people; as we can see with exhibit Reichu, here.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:23 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Some combination of stress and things caused by stress (binge snacking, poor sleep, etc), or is it all motivated by some deeper issue?

It's really hard to say how any of my crappy feedback loops begin. I'm fairly certain that I'm bipolar type 2 (and never got diagnosed 10+ years back -- when it might have really been useful to know -- because A.S. and chronic depression superficially seemed to cover everything), so my current state of being was inevitably going to befall me on account of the fact that I felt unusually good for a few months prior.

Happiness is a very bittersweet thing for someone like me, because it is a neurological inevitability that it won't last. Eventually that hard crash will come and there is usually no respite until I hit my rock bottom... and then suddenly things perk up again. The only way I seem to avoid this is when I maintain a steady bland, neutral mood, but the downside of that is I don't really accomplish anything. I need those "ups" to move me forward, but it's obviously hard to keep going forward when clear skies yield to hurricane...

When it's busy a shift can fly by while you barely notice.

When it's busy it's not so bad, but when it's not, it's terrible.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:30 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:When it's busy it's not so bad, but when it's not, it's terrible.

Nah, that's when you should be chatting up the other cashiers and making work buddies. Or if you're super bored just help out with the stocking you wanted to do anyway in a place that's near the registers.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Reichu, you're in good company with people transitioning through shitty jobs. We feel your pain, and you have our support!

:asuka_thumbsup:

Just keep reminding yourself it's a temporary stop on the way to the inevitable place where you not only want to be, but were meant to be.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:42 am

Came back trying to get my mother in-law's facebook games to work faster, but can't -- these damn games are now asking for a hardware upgrade and she doesn't have the money for it. And that iPads are running circles around her PC.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:06 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Came back trying to get my mother in-law's facebook games to work faster, but can't -- these damn games are now asking for a hardware upgrade and she doesn't have the money for it. And that iPads are running circles around her PC.

Whoa, you're married SA?! I never knew!
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:59 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Whoa, you're married SA?! I never knew!

No I'm not, but my sister is married and my in-laws are a floor above us.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:32 am

...what does "FML" stand for?

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”