FML General Thread [6]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm feeling a lot better, JSYK. I dunno, I go through phases like this. I sometimes wonder if I have depression or something.

Minor FML: recieved the thing I ordered from eBay just now, in perfect condition...and because my eBay account isn't 5 days old yet I can't leave any feedback telling the seller what a wonderful job he did.

On the plus side, he did a damn good job.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Just leave the feedback later. People generally appreciate positive feedback, even if it comes a little late. ;)

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:02 pm

May I ask what you got?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:05 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:May I ask what you got?

Just a Transformer I've been eyeing up. Nothing special, but I liked the look of him when I was a kid and it was only £11 so I thought "Why not?"
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:13 pm

^ Oh cool, Who'd you get?

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:21 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:^ Oh cool, Who'd you get?

This guy:

PCC Sledge. Not a masterpiece by any stretch, but a lot of fun. Also he has the most utterly nonsensical but completely awesome vehicle mode ever (an excavator, bulldozer AND rockwheel trencher all in one).
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:22 pm

I was already pretty sure it was going to happen, but in order to graduate from my integrated masters program on time I'm going to need to take about twelve hours during the summer. I get pretty sick of school by May, so I'm not exactly looking forward to it.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Looks like some USB device kept plugging and unplugging (by the sounds of it) that I'll have to find and take it out.

EDIT: had to kill the damn problem for now by simply disabling it on Device Manager; TBH nothing else is plugged in but the USB keyboard and mouse, and a Bluetooth dongle.

Looks like I'll have to save up for an upgrade. :facepalm:

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:33 am

Trying to find somewhere that sells the full range of Mr Hobby paints (specifically looking for the Mr Color Clear Purple and Mr Crystal Amethyst Purple) but all the sellers are in the US, and charge extortionate prices for shipping. What few UK retailers there are have bugger all available- either everything is out of stock or they don't actually have that much stuff to begin with.

This country really is worthless for buyfagging.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:40 am

I believe somewhere, someone mentioned you were into Warhammer? £11 on an old Transformer, and browsing eBay for hobby paints - you sure do have expensive taste for someone who was just moaning about having to get a job or put up with college.

Perhaps you get spoiled for birthdays and such?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:53 pm

40K is unrealistically expensive these days. I was going to start putting another army together a couple years ago now but found that the prices had more than doubled since the early 2000s. I was super bummed, as I still really want my elite Imperial Guard company (mostly consisting of Kasrkin and Valkyries) led by a highly unorthodox Inquisitor of the Ordo Xenos including an attachment of Deathwatch Space Marines.

:dejected:

I've also just realised I've still got to read the last book in the Eisenhorn Trilogy...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:02 pm

Not a big or serious FML, but I was transforming my Masterpiece Thundercracker figure last night and, as I was flipping part of his cockpit open to swing out the pilot seat...I heard a crack and...

Yeah the plastic on his cockpit cracked. Feck.

Of course, the first Transformer I have break happens to be an expensive one.

Edit: Also, I got an email from Target and I didn't get the job. :sniffle:

Back to the hunt for me.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:12 pm

All my m8s bitched out and now I have no one to go to Rave of Thrones in NYC with tomorrow. Damn, and those beats 2gud https://soundcloud.com/kristiannairn/summer-night-mix-1
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:19 pm

Some older toys can't be played like new because over time their plastics could degrade in quality.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 pm

...my toenail fell off.

:|

....that is all.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Swamp foot, is it?
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:54 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Some older toys can't be played like new because over time their plastics could degrade in quality.

Several of my old Beast Wars toys broke as my nephews and I played with them. Some of them broke so suspiciously easy I looked it up online and found that these were common cases because of how poorly the plastic ages.

But don't worry about broken Transformers: Even though they don't make these anymore, once 3D printing hits it big there'll be no such thing anymore as a plastic toy that's no longer in production, because we'll be able to print up a new one whenever we want!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Pretty sure it was from when I stubbed it four weeks ago. I thought it was going to fall of then, but it hung in there.

It survived the swamp, but alas, it could not survive the return to civilian life.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:59 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:It survived the swamp, but alas, it could not survive the return to civilian life.

Like so many veternails before it. :shakehead:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:04 pm

I'd give it a military funeral, but the neighbors have already expressed displeasure with my one-man, twenty-one gun salutes. And I've already been tasered twice this month.

There will not be a third time.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”