EGF's House of Lonely Hearts

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: EGF's House of Lonely Hearts

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Yeah, catfishing is super scummy. You shouldn't feel bad about telling her to buzz off, but if it were me I'd tell her outright rather than ghosting her. Ghosting is pretty skeevy as well.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

MuscleRobo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MuscleRobo » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Tried to politely tell them that while I enjoyed our conversation it really hurt to be lied to. If she tried being herself from the start she might be able to make friends but for now I needed to be left alone. Sorry, I was being too passive in just ignoring her.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:02 pm

I have a girlfriend now, she's super adorable both online and in real life, we have a long distance relationship going and its just.....I literally cant describe how happy I am well in this post.
Also as it turns out I'm into BDSM.....and i'm the dom, so that's something I didn't know about myself.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:49 pm

I wish I had a boyfriend...
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:53 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Also as it turns out I'm into BDSM.....and i'm the dom, so that's something I didn't know about myself.

Sometimes you don't realize these things until you find that someone who gives you a little push.

Congratulations to both of you!

...On the relationship, I mean.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:01 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I have a girlfriend now, she's super adorable both online and in real life, we have a long distance relationship going and its just.....I literally cant describe how happy I am well in this post.
Also as it turns out I'm into BDSM.....and i'm the dom, so that's something I didn't know about myself.

Congratulations, Rose!

Also, somehow that last revelation does not surprise me.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:11 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I have a girlfriend now, she's super adorable both online and in real life, we have a long distance relationship going and its just.....I literally cant describe how happy I am well in this post.

Good for you. :)
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:32 am

During Summer, I took a weekend writing class to help me with my screenplays. I ended up becoming friends with a very nice girl. We both love talking about politics and even expressed interest in helping me write one of my scripts. We're not dating yet, but I do plan on asking her if she's up for it sometime soon. Considering that this year has been going really great for me (Got of my depression from watching Eva; found my place politically), I actually am optimistic that it could work out.
Anywhere Can Be Paradise as Long As I Have the Will to Live...

...after all, I am Alive, So I'll Always Have the Chance to Be Happy.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Do it fast and make your intentions crystal clear. The friend zone is real, but it is a place you put yourself.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:41 pm

We are possibly meeting this weekend, but if we don't, I don't want to tell her online since it feels more intimate in real life. I am nervous about this stuff since I'm still a teenager, but I do think that with relationships in my age, you have to give it at least 3 or 4 months and two meeting encounters. I don't know what else to say since I'll probably blabber on about nothing. But thanks for the word of advice!

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:16 am

I have two girlfriends now, see the friend of my girlfriend had a crush on her for the longest time, but when we met she also eventually started liking me, we both really liked her as a friend for the longest time and both agreed she was hot so now we're all dating each other.

SPOILER: Show
Im a Mistress with two adorable pets to "play" with
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Director Black
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Director Black » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:01 pm

In a (Probably useless) update, I am possibly meeting up with the girl who I met in the summer for Presidents Day weekend. I keep thinking, is this the right moment to ask if she wants to go out with me, or should I wait until we see each other for a third time? My mind is going with the former, but because she's been busy with college applications and high school work, leaving me talking to her via Facebook or (Rarely) e-mail, it might have been too long a wait.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:50 pm

I hope everything goes alright with you DB.

So I've had EHarmony now for quite some time, I think my membership expires sometime in 2018 but I really don't get much use out of it. I haven't been getting much matches in the year or so I've had it, but I have been talking to this one girl that initiated the conversation with me. I'm terrible at keeping a conversation going but we've been having kind of a conversation for a full week now. I say kind of because while she doesn't really ask me any questions, she answers all mine quite well. We have plenty of similar interests and for a full week of talking online she hasn't given me any one word responses at all which is what I'm usually plagued with, either that or silence. So, would it be awkward/a bad idea if I asked her if she wanted to meet up for either coffee or breakfast just to talk and get to know her some more face to face?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:33 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I have been talking to this one girl that initiated the conversation with me. I'm terrible at keeping a conversation going but we've been having kind of a conversation for a full week now. I say kind of because while she doesn't really ask me any questions, she answers all mine quite well. We have plenty of similar interests and for a full week of talking online she hasn't given me any one word responses at all which is what I'm usually plagued with, either that or silence. So, would it be awkward/a bad idea if I asked her if she wanted to meet up for either coffee or breakfast just to talk and get to know her some more face to face?

She's interested. Go for it.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:33 pm

View Original PostDirector Black wrote:In a (Probably useless) update, I am possibly meeting up with the girl who I met in the summer for Presidents Day weekend. I keep thinking, is this the right moment to ask if she wants to go out with me, or should I wait until we see each other for a third time? My mind is going with the former, but because she's been busy with college applications and high school work, leaving me talking to her via Facebook or (Rarely) e-mail, it might have been too long a wait.

Better to just ask and get it out of the way. The worst case scenario is that she says "no", which is its own plus because you won't waste any further time on the matter if she happens not to be interested. Best case you win bonus points for a) being direct and confident enough to ask her out and b) in this post-ironic society any attempts at coy ripostes and/or belaboring the question are a one-way ticket to "fuccboi" status.

I used to pull off the ersatz sophisticate "is he or isn't he interested" thing quite well, but unless you're micromanaging the content of every text you send out, it's not even worth it. Also, don't think about it so much. In my experience the over-rehearsed over-thinkers come off as a bit creepy to the opposite sex. I've seen that quality go both ways, especially with New York and all the writers-cum-faux-intellectuals who seem to dominate the dating seen round these parts. Hang it loose homie. Enjoy yo-self.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:16 pm

Ask for coffee, Ian. Breakfast is a little forward if it's taken the wrong way.
the prophecy is true

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 pm

What I currently did was ask her if there was any interesting stuff in her area since she lives two cities away which I surprisingly never been to, after that I was gonna ask if she wanted to pick up coffee or something there (there's a Starbucks everywhere these days). However I'm on day 2 of no response back so I'm wondering if I somehow butchered it already. ;-;

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:20 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:What I currently did was ask her if there was any interesting stuff in her area since she lives two cities away which I surprisingly never been to, after that I was gonna ask if she wanted to pick up coffee or something there (there's a Starbucks everywhere these days). However I'm on day 2 of no response back so I'm wondering if I somehow butchered it already. ;-;

I met a girl a year or so older than me riding a train into the city once. She was a relatively tall and attractive brunette with a style that appeared to be picked from one of the major chains (Lucky Brand, Banana Republic, etc.). She had brought on a brown-bagged beer and I made a remark about it and we proceeded to talk for the next hour or so during the train ride with no awkward pauses. She worked in textiles. She was going to meet her friends. She lived in a town about 20 miles away from mine. She seemed like a relatively happy person. After our train arrived, she asked that we exchange numbers and then initiated a hug.

Two days later, I texted her something along the lines of hoping she had a good time in the city and that we should hand out sometime. She responded in the affirmative.

A week or so after that, I texted her again and got no response. Not wanting to seem like a pest, I decided to be patient and wait.

It has since been just over 3 years.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:58 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Not wanting to seem like a pest, I decided to be patient and wait.

Well still no response. I don't think that I'd be a pest by messaging again, but on the same token, if she wanted to respond I'm sure she would do so.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:19 am

The age-old question of timing is only made more complicated by social media. For some people an hour later is now too long a wait to endure, but others would label anything sooner than a day or two as creeper zone material.

Between the financial realities of living on loans, having barely any free time, and most of my social contact being with people who are hypothetically young enough to be my children... I've pretty much given up on dating entirely until I'm actually a lawyer. (:|
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”