EGF's House of Lonely Hearts

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:48 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Are there any girls who actually want to hang out with a short dude?

I think a while ago you mentioned you where 5'10"? Then finding women who don't think of you as short shouldn't really be a problem.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:02 am

5' 10'' isn't short. It's still average height.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Eleven
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Eleven » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:02 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:5' 10'' isn't short. It's still average height.

Google tells me that's ~178cm and I wouldn't call a guy of that height short either. I think that's pretty normal, at least where I live.
I apologize for any grammar mistakes, as I am not a native speaker.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:44 pm

I'm just shy of 6 foot. However I'm also fairly wide so the effect is somewhat neutered.

On topic: I am still a lonely virgin. I actually considered using one of those adult meet-up sites but then remembered I don't have a car.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:01 pm

View Original PostEleven wrote:Google tells me that's ~178cm and I wouldn't call a guy of that height short either. I think that's pretty normal, at least where I live.

I'm 179 cm and I know I'm not short, but it would be really nice to be considered "tall" and not just "average." My cousin, who's only 13, is already nearly as tall as I am. I ENVY THE GENETICALLY PRIVILEGED. -o-;

Asj
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asj » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:37 am

View Original PostStarShaper7 wrote:I'm 179 cm and I know I'm not short, but it would be really nice to be considered "tall" and not just "average." My cousin, who's only 13, is already nearly as tall as I am. I ENVY THE GENETICALLY PRIVILEGED. -o-;

As a 200cm guy, trust me, it isn't that great. You stop being a human being somewhere and instead start to live on as a walking chin that hates doors.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:06 am

I don't know why I'm putting this here. I have a hard time communicating with others. Most of the girls I met in high school weren't very nice people. Some of them were outright hostile and aggressive towards me. I only had one "girl friend" in high school and it was barely a relationship. We didn't even break up, we just kind 've drifted apart after a year. So I never really talked to women who weren't part of my student life.

What I'm saying is. I want to try for a GF again. But I'm not sure how exactly to go about doing it.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:51 pm

Eh. I'm 180/5'11, feels painfully average around here in europe and even around asians honestly.
I actually think it's a big plus, I can be seen with 5'1 girls without seeming ridiculously out of place :lol:

One thing you absolutely shouldn't do is saying things like "trying for a gf" tho. Just doesn't work that way and shouldn't work that way. Work on yourself, be comfortable with yourself and be able to have fun on your own.

Then if you're not a total social outcast, women will take notice and things will develop naturally, even if you have trouble communicating at first. Everyone is fucked up in some way or another anyway, everyone is lonely.

But the only person who has the power to make you feel miserable is yourself and the only person who can balance and center you is yourself as well.

Your height is not a factor, what you make of it is

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:54 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Your height is not a factor

Sadly there are girls that will not date shorter men.

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:57 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Sadly there are girls that will not date shorter men.

So what?

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Just putting it out there. :shrug:

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Friendly reminder: 5'1'' woman here. Anybody taller than me is automatically considered tall in my book! :lol: I remember my high school boyfriend was super short for a guy (less than 5'11''?) but that was a non-issue since he had a very sweet personality.

I get some people might take height or weight as factors into dating, but I've always been of the mindset that personality/attitude first, physical traits second (or a non-issue). As an aside, just remember that proper hygiene habits are a must for everybody. I remember some guys in high school or college were interested in me, but them not taking pride in their appearance/hygiene (and/or a shitty personality) was an instant NOPE.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:01 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I remember my high school boyfriend was super short for a guy (less than 5'11''?) but that was a non-issue since he had a very sweet personality.

What planet are you living on, SSD? Since when is, say, 5'10" super short? The average male height in the United States in 5'9".
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:06 pm

People a few posts up seemed to think 5'11'' was short for dudes, so... :shrug: He might have been about 5'7'' or so.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:05 pm

I'm 6 foot tall, 265 pounds so I am not exactly wafer thin and I don't have a proper diet or exercise routine. The girls in school usually teased me and despite my crush on at least one nice girl which didn't go anywhere since I never got to express how I felt nor keep in touch, I can't say I have ever had a girlfriend in my life.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:45 pm

My boyfriend is 5'10'', he's definitely tall enough for me. I think it'd be more inconvenient to have a taller guy too.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:02 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:One thing you absolutely shouldn't do is saying things like "trying for a gf" tho. Just doesn't work that way and shouldn't work that way. Work on yourself, be comfortable with yourself and be able to have fun on your own.

You do have to make an effort to put yourself out there, though, don't you? Even if it's on a dating site? That implies some level of conscious effort.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:55 am

Anybody have any dates for Valentines day?

- Suicidahlia

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:51 am

^
You mean "Singles Awareness Day"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :lol:

No. :irked:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:56 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Anybody have any dates for Valentines day?

I'm afraid not. It will be a day like any other.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”