If the house is a-rockin'... [RML Thread 3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Also, not really true. So there's that.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:51 pm

You know there's some seriously funny shit going down when people start arguing over whether their life is more like a Mecha anime or a harem anime :lol: that's my RML

(Of course I would rather say my lifes like a Mecha series because robots)

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:45 pm

on a lighter note i saw guardians of the galaxy today, was awesome.

Also kingdom hearts 1.5 hd is now in my collection, all i need is 2.5 and x/x-2 and i will have my HD childhood (since i have DMC and MGS HD too)
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:56 pm

Does Metal Gear Solid HD come with Peace Walker or is it just Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater? With the Resident Evil Remake apparently coming to 360 I might have to unbox my console.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:00 pm

View Original PostSorrow wrote:Does Metal Gear Solid HD come with Peace Walker or is it just Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater? With the Resident Evil Remake apparently coming to 360 I might have to unbox my console.

Peacewalker too
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:35 pm

My grandfather went to the hospital because he was vomiting blood. They found that is gallbladder was gangrenous. It's been removed. He's been in the hospital for the last week.

Oh. RML, right. He's been sent home and, it would seem, is doing just fine.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:04 pm

So yeah I made this cool banner for my comic

Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:42 am

For the last year or three I've been deep in a late-twenties existential crisis intensified by a time of chronic unemployment and general malaise, but I've realized that I am only an aspect of an enormous pandimensional being and I really have nothing to worry about.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:29 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:For the last year or three I've been deep in a late-twenties existential crisis intensified by a time of chronic unemployment and general malaise, but I've realized that I am only an aspect of an enormous pandimensional being and I really have nothing to worry about.

You must be an amazing person to toke with.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:52 am

I do not use drugs. I am drugs.

Also you have already toked with me, because I am you, and you are me.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:39 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:For the last year or three I've been deep in a late-twenties existential crisis intensified by a time of chronic unemployment and general malaise, but I've realized that I am only an aspect of an enormous pandimensional being and I really have nothing to worry about.

My son, you've achieved CHIM.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Spent some hours today with a family friend who's 97 and still living alone (in a large house, with maybe half an acre of garden, near Richmond Park in London) and getting out to the shops himself. His sight is poor (he had to ask what was on the plate of lunch we gave him - he couldn't make out a tomato), and he is very deaf, but gets by with modern hearing aids. He reads with a screen magnifier that displays print at the full height of a computer screen (he has to scroll to see a whole word) - and is able to read the main news stories every day in that manner.

If I live that long, I hope that I will at least have the clarity of mind which he still displays, and enough other faculties to exercise it. The saddest part of it is when he talks about having only one friend left of his own generation - in particular of those with whom he shared his experience of fighting in the French Resistance during World War Two.

He is still interesting to listen to (it's easier for him to talk than to listen!), and it was fascinating to hear the inside story of the tussle over the appointment of the next Clerk of the House of Commons (his son being the man at the centre of the issue).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:18 pm

I am now a certified level 1 Master Resiliency Trainer. I am a Jedi Knight in that which is resiliency.

....I wonder if this means the Guard will let me go to Urban Warfare School now.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:20 pm

What does this resiliency mastery entail?
the prophecy is true

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 pm

Back at UT this evening. Feels like I'm back in my element. Also done unpacking, so I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:45 pm

I bought a PS4 controller and it's so frickin' good! I use it on my PCs with DS4Tool.

The triggers are fantastic. They finally fixed the PS3 controller's one big flaw, and did it without sacrificing the usability of L1/R1. In fact, they made those even better. I still prefer to use L1/R1 as my main shoulder buttons (because buttons greater-than triggers for anything requiring a fast response time and which won't make use of the extra pull range), but the few times I've tried using the triggers as the main ones I've been pleasantly surprised.

The analog sticks are the best I've ever used. That's no light praise. The raised rims combine the best aspects of dimpled and non-dimpled analog sticks, providing a wide enough grip area that I don't have to reposition my thumb to move the stick to an extreme position while also preventing slippage.

The D-pad is top-notch. I tested it out thoroughly with the notoriously intense Megaman Zero 2 and turned in my best performance ever against a boss I've still never beaten. The one catch for me is that I have to hold the controller a little differently from normal to use the D-pad as effectively as I need to for an intense sidescroller, but that was true of the PS3 controller as well, and this D-pad feels more comfortable than that one did (although wear-and-tear might be a factor there).

The grips are the real core of the experience and surprised me. Until now, the Dual Shock brand name has meant a certain shape that Sony finally did away with in favor of something much better. I actually liked the previous shape but understood its limitations and it was time for it to go, and the new shape surpasses those limitations and makes the use of both sets of shoulder buttons feasible and comfortable.

Everything Zap told me about the PS4 controller turned out to be true in spades. I'm quite happy using this, and happier still to be using it on a PC where I can change the trigger mapping as I please whether or not the developers of a given game want to force me to play a certain way as has become the norm on consoles.

Biggest downside: No other controller will ever feel quite right again.

Something else really fun about this controller which is not something unique to it but is merely my first experience of the sort is that I've gotten the Bluetooth to work with my laptop. This greatly increases the comfort of playing and managing equipment, especially outdoors, which is where I do most of my laptop gaming. Furthermore, I can plug the controller in and out of my desktop machine (which has no functional Bluetooth capability) without it going crazy searching for a console to turn on if I don't deactivate it properly first with the tool. That was a life-long annoyance with the previous model, and it's just flat gone now. So now I can plug or unplug it into my desktop when I want to use it there, or hit the PS button to activate Bluetooth and use it with my laptop (and hit PS + Options to turn it off when I'm done playing or just want to put it down for a while). Also, DS4Tool lets you change the light bar color to any RGB value -- or turn it off entirely, which I hear is something even the PS4 doesn't let you do.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:What does this resiliency mastery entail?

Levitating rocks with mindpowers.

Resilient mindpowers.

...seriously, though, it's a set of skills (and resources) for building resiliency in professional and personal life. It's for shoring up mental health (and by default, physical health). It's one of the big priorities for the military right now (coming off of two major military conflicts and wanting to be ready for whenever the next one may begin).

It's not as sexy as rappelling out of a helicopter, but it is an extremely useful class.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:59 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:My son, you've achieved CHIM.

Heh. Now that's a term I haven't heard in a while. Coincidentally, I'm thinking about replaying Skyrim soon as I never played the Dawnguard or Dragonborn expansions. I need to scratch up on my knowledge of apocrypha/obscure texts too - the Shoni-Etta and the PG2E were just kind of happening as I fell out off the community I recall.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:58 pm

I finished fucking Satantango I took that bitch down fucking free finally TSPDT top 100 are belong to me finally seriously why the fuck Jimbo isn't member anymore FUCKING SATANTANGO BTFO

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Holy shit working retail on the first day of school is fucking awesome! So many babes buyin' their school supplies, I think my eyes might have diabetes after all the candy they had today.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”