[News] 2012 News (NO POLITICS)

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:04 am

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:What is the pratical use of doing this? I mean, besides saying "I risked my life!" Does the man have nothing better to do?

I understand that generally he launches himself from skyscrapers, this is still an improvement considering that even the USAF did similar experiments in the 60s.
View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Meanwhile, in other news -- Czech game developers arrested on espionage charges in Greece.

Another source for this news, making photos and films of a military base isn't really such a bright idea.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:58 am

^
Damn, why they haven't thought of using the Internet?

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

We've been stock-blocked! B(

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:21 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Another source for this news, making photos aned films of a military base isn't really such a bright idea.

Dammit, how will we get a realistic shooter now?!? :bawl:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

CJD
Banned

Re: Overhyped. B/

Postby CJD » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Meanwhile, in other news -- Czech game developers arrested on espionage charges in Greece.

Yea that one's been getting a lot of attention, especially since the previous game that developer worked on got a huge boost in popularity over the spring/summer. They say it was pure tourism, that they weren't trying to take pictures for the game, but I have a hard time believing them given how accurate to real world counterparts Arma 2 was.

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been settled yet, though. Unless the Greek government knows something we don't it's pretty obvious they aren't spies.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:05 am

You know which story I didn't expect to see linked to on my favorite depressing website this morning? "French president pushing homework ban." . . . Any other students think this is crazy? 'Cause I ain't exactly the greatest with homework, but I think it's crazy.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 am

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote: I think it's crazy.

Well, you can get 20s in school without making your homework a single time so it´s a bit pointless to give it out, but it can also help you to study so...

The man probably has some trauma with homework. People will probably ignore him anyway.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 am

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote: Any other students think this is crazy?

I don't think that it's crazy considering that French students spend most of their day at school, as the article says.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Hang the bloody climate! Thar be bigger fish to fry savvy? Like whether Freya and Larry are feuding
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:13 pm

The kids will love this!

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:The kids will love this!

Something to boost the economy

It´s a statue. You can boost your economy with a statue? I would like to see that.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:It´s a statue. You can boost your economy with a statue? I would like to see that.

just think people will want to see it and then they could sell the tourists miniature versions (something for a desk or bookshelf) as souvenirs.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:24 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote: souvenirs.

But would that be a significant boost?

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:28 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:But would that be a significant boost?
well that would depend on what the projected tourists number would be and price of souvenirs, assuming that both are good then most likely yes, because once the tourists are there they will stop at other places such as shops, restaurants, and maybe local inns. And even in if it is a flop in a few years the bronze that it is made out of probably will increase in scrap value so they could recoup losses
Last edited by KnightmareX13 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:28 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:But would that be a significant boost?

A lot of councilors are delusional fools who squander our taxes on pricks like Damien Hirst, it's a common occurrence across most of the counties I suspect.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Chalk up one more reason not to ever go to Ilfracombe...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Aw, c'mon. At the very least a pregnant statue is a hell of a conversation piece! :lol:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:23 pm

Don't know if it's just me, but the statue looks as if the woman is starving.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:47 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:It´s a statue. You can boost your economy with a statue? I would like to see that.

You can if it's a statue of Hindenburg!
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby BiQ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:42 am

Germany learns that when you're against Sweden, it's not over until it's actually over. Something we Finns have had the bitter pleasure of knowing for a good while.
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:11 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I don't think that it's crazy considering that French students spend most of their day at school, as the article says.

Yeah. I've always thought it was silly myself; it's not like it prepares you for real life (you don't get homework as an adult), and while it might be useful for developing study habits for use in college that doesn't apply if you don't go to college.

I'd rather see good study habits and such developed in school; that way the teachers are actually overseeing what the kids are doing and everyone's on the same page. And if the kids are spending more time at school that means they're spending less time running around unattended until their parents get home. Win-win far as I can tell.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”