Death Wasn't What I Expected

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Death Wasn't What I Expected

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:51 pm

The moment I died was painful. Just because you die fast doesn't mean it's painless. Well, I don't know if my death was fast but it definitely wasn't slow to the point of torture. I was stabbed and the wound was fatal. It just happened as I was walking home. Some guy was running and when he came up to me he decided to stab me. Clearly this man wasn't mentally sound and was a serial killer. Perhaps I wasn't his first victim but this isn't about him. It's about me. As I fell to the ground with barely enough energy to scream my mind flooded with thoughts about friends, family, and the fact I wouldn't have a future. As with some situations, I thought about this through their perspective.

They would have no idea that I wouldn't be coming home that night and how worried they will be, especially due to the fact my cell had no service so there would be no way for them to contact me. I already knew how they'd react upon learning about my death, so that didn't phase me as much as the thought of them worrying about where I am not knowing of my fate. There's also the fact that my friends online may never know that I bled to death on the street. The people who I've recently begun to consider my friends and especially my best friend. I can't even imagine how my small group of friends would take my death. Finally, there was my future, now knowing I won't even have one. The small things I've dreamed of doing, the stories I'll never be able to enjoy, read, and watch, the fun that I can no longer have, being on my own or eventually finding someone to call my own and raising a daughter. They all seem like mere fantasies now.

In my final moments, I silently cried to myself. Not just because of the pain I felt but also because of the weight of those thoughts. The pain began to fade and I felt myself losing my grip on reality. No matter how hard I tried to fight to stay awake, to just hold a firm grip...

No matter what I did, no matter what I tried, no matter how hard I pushed I was dying and nothing could change that. No one was even around to call the paremedics. It just really sucks when a great and satisfying day ends like this, to say the least. At this point I couldn't even move and I couldn't take any more breaths of air. Just like that, I was dead.

As an Atheist, I didn't expect anything after death. Well, maybe some kind of afterlife that wasn't tied to any known religion but, still, for the most part I expected nothingness. You die and that's it. Considering how I'm narrating this clearly isn't the case and I was just surprised to find out, uh, what I "woke up" to. I mean, no matter what, anyone would be surprised but... holy shit.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 pm

So you're a zombie?
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi. Whats happ- oh, right.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:09 pm

I'm sorry, but we have a strict "no ghosts" rule on this forum.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm extremely sorry this happened to you, Joseph; if it makes you feel any better you will be in my prayers.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:18 pm

So, what did you “wake up” to?
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:So, what did you “wake up” to?

I just had an image of him waking to Shinji fapping
:resurrect: may the dead rest in peace.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Sorry to hear that.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:11 pm

@TS: If you get there, tell Susie Salmon that we still don't forget her.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:17 pm

I hope that everything turns out okay where you are.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby gatotsu911 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:30 pm

And here I thought this was going to be a thread complaining about one of the Eva movies.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:30 am

Welcome back Joseph. I just wish your return had been on a happier note.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:06 am

Well, that was...interesting. I think. :headscratch:

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:And here I thought this was going to be a thread complaining about one of the Eva movies.

You're not the only one.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:13 am

Part of me is like, "dude, ThePRPD is back." While another part of me is like, "dude, he's dead!"

Don't confuse me like this! Are you dead and can I not celebrate?!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:08 am

Hey, could be worse. You could still be in there, awake but unable to respond as your body falls apart, eaten from within by your gut microbes, then parasites or scavengers. Wee!
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 am

ThePRPD is ba- What the fuck is going on in here...

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Pics or it didn't happen :D

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Maybe in death, we are trapped on the internet. And our name is Robert Paulson.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 am

^ Great...so in the end, we really are the "one" who is "many". And here I was, hoping for something more.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:41 am

^ The upside is that you can't get STDs from cybersex.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”