Recent Hauls [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:25 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:I smell a custom title.

huh? mind elaborating?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:51 pm

View Original PostKasowaree wrote: a nice fancy charging cock

I believe this is what zapx was refering to
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 pm

You're "fancy charging cock" to me now.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:18 pm

Weee, finally received my Meprolight scope. It looks rather cool imo:

SPOILER: Show

I didn't take a pic from the other end, but one side of the glass is orange while the other (the one you look through) is blue. There's a gas between the two slides or something and it makes a bright red dot (which can't be seen in the pic) appear on it, so it's sort of like having a laser pointer, except you're the only one that can see the point.

It isn't super high-tech or anything but it helps getting on target much quicker and not too many people have it on an m-16.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:46 pm

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:43 pm

^
I loled
Last edited by supershinjiasukashipper on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:13 am

Got my package finally after fighting with the customs again.

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/401/p1010263x.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Importing Momoe's album at the moment and had a great laugh over the Engrish in the printed lyrics: FRY ME TO THE FANCY MILKY-WAY :lol:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:09 pm

Kay, I have not done this for a while so I will quickly re-cap my hauls for the last 3/4ths of a year.

Some eva stuff at otakon.
Lots of manga.
A pair of hakima
Some zori sandals and tabi socks (yes now I can dress like a Damiyo before Hirohito fooled around. Already had the yukata, my grandmother bought it for me thinking it was a robe. lol, old people.)
Lots of dvds
and a boatload of depression.

That's all.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:20 am

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:A pair of hakima

What is hakima, I wonder?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Allemann » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:43 pm

went to my new favourite mall and spent a lot of money

deathscythe hell custom HG

strike freedom MG

A Asuka figure (first one too :))

and a Madoka figure

grand total I spent today 150 canadian (I have no idea what the boxes of the figures say though)
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:20 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:deathscythe hell custom HG

Oh man, that brings back some memories. I had one of those (and quite a few others) about a decade ago.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Bardi you were a gundam fan?

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Not really. I just really liked the mecha.

I owned several kits (I don't remember exactly which ones for certain except Deathscythe, Deathscythe Custom, and Epyon), mostly just impulse-spending after seeing them and thinking "oh, those look cool".

But that was pre-Evangelion: it might as well have been a lifetime ago. That was a very different me then.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:39 am

Uh oh. Whenever I plan to save my money for a bigger purchase I always end up making awesome and ridiculously cheap discoveries. First, I bought the latest number of Ongaku to Hito off ebay last week because it has a massive 24-page special on Perfume, with tons of great photos and interviews. Today I innocently searched for Kenji Ozawa's albums on ebay and ended up finding his first 4 albums in one auction for 30 dollars! That's just insane. There's no way I can resist an offer like this and I happen to have enough money saved up for this. Oh well, I still have a few paydays before Christmas so this won't be a problem, but for some reason I always stumble upon deals like this when I'm trying NOT to buy anything.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:49 am

Kenji Ozawa .. so 90s... Suddenly disappeared as the end of 90s approached.. Heard he now lives in Latin America as an environmental activist and married to an American photographer...
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 am

Oh wow. :lol: Well, you can't expect anything less from THE hipster of Japan's music industry in the 90's.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Got myself a new laptop! My Dell E1505 served me in an increasingly mediocre fashion over the past 5+ years, it was time to move on.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Went to the book store today I got

Angelic days volume 4 (best cover ever)

ISRP volume 8

and the the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya light novel
Last edited by Final Messenger on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:25 pm

I did not know there is official English translation of Angelic Days... Amazing..

And how many volumes have been released for English translation of Haruhi light novel?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”