FML General Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:56 pm

AWL was potentially on this forum and the old fogies here did not have the chance to give her the business (within moderation of course)

time now for a sound-bite brought to you by Nicolas Cage
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Do you hate everyone who makes something you don't like? That's very immature.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 pm

View Original Postbackseatjesus wrote:More computer trouble in my house:

My mother's computer won't connect to the internet. Ended up determining that the problem was with the ethernet cable slot; however, I don't know if it's a problem program wise or if the ethernet slot itself is fried. I've tried many different cables and none of them work. I've looked and asked around online but no ones really giving me any answers that are actually working. Guess it's gonna go to Geek Squad.

And yes, I did try restarting the computer.

Network cards are cheap, you can buy one to check and see if that'll work. Also, have you reinstalled Windows on her rig?

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:58 pm

@ TehDonutKing

if you are flame-baiting, I refuse said bait, I learned my lesson in Shawshank, maybe you should learn from yours truly as an example and wise up

if not, to answer your question in a single word, no

it is not so much the hate as it is the annoyance and bitterness that grows exponentially within my psyche as I observe a situation not getting better, i.e. a fly or mosquito buzzing around, a scratch or wound that refuses to heal faster, etc.

I am a possessive person by nature, and if you think I am an insufferable arse-hole now, you should have seen me when I was your age, young snot-nosed whipper-snapper, it is a miracle I have never put anyone six feet under or in a coma

if you cannot understand that, well...*song cue* :guitarpunk:

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:02 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote: Also, have you reinstalled Windows on her rig?

Admittedly, I didn't think of that for some reason. Guess I'll have to do that.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:49 pm

@HAL
I just get annoyed at people hating on Amanda over such trivial matters. 'Twasn't flamebaiting or anything personal.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:57 pm

fair enough, and while AWL may be trivial in the big picture, the blind self-promoting of hers is just absurd and pathetic and she should be called out on it, and the same should go for Matt Greenfield and his fellow never-wases

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:23 am

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Do you hate everyone who makes something you don't like? That's very immature.

I may be much older than TehDonutKing but I can agree with him. It goes back to what I said in another thread that some in the net tend to sound hostile and bilious when they could hide behind the anonymous virtual veil called internet.
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=494027#494027

And Nicolas Cage in that youtube link did make him look "very immature".
Last edited by symbv on Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:57 am

God damn it Hal, I didn't even get a chance to read through that thread before you went and got it locked. Thanks a bunch. Oh, and on top of that we've lost a resource who could give us insight into the production of the American side of the NGE/EoE releases.

There's this thing called tact. You should look into it.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:31 am

HAL what the hell is wrong with you? Take a goddamn chill pill once in a while

I'm no fan of AWL or the Eva dub but that was completely preposterous and uncalled for

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dartz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:05 am

Blew an interview today. Arse biscuits.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:16 am

What the frig hal. That was very uncalled for. I know I’m a new guy to this forum and I have not right to bitch but what you did was just plain mean.
Last edited by Final Messenger on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

sulla
Adam

Postby sulla » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:26 am

Haven't been laid since the age of 21. Never had a girlfreind. Worried that I now resent girls for it, and will never have one.

How is that for angst? lol
desu

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:34 am

How about go 2D?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Really, they're just kind of "flat" though. Bl

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:55 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:How about go 2D?

What does that even mean? You can't have sex with ink on paper!

... Or can you? ... Mhm... Ya, that's nic—*ch* AH-HOLY F*CK, PAPER CUT!!!! DO NOT TRY THIS! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *rolls around on the ground*
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:01 am

With 2D there is no need for real sex. If really necessary you can do it by yourself.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Eliza... yes I have a f*cking inferiority complex already Bl

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:12 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:With 2D there is no need for real sex.

Even short of sex, Human beings have an inherit need for human contact and acknowledgment, the absence of that is rather soul-crushing.

"2d" as it stands, is still hardly more interactive than the Eliza program from my old Mac Powerbook, it's a poor substitute.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:If really necessary you can do it by yourself.

... so lots of crusty socks then?
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:20 am

Well I’ve never kissed a girl or had a girlfriend either. I don’t like people getting to close to me as I have been used and thrown away in the past (by so called friends) people often befriended me just to use me then threw me away when I was of no use (I have only five real friends). So it is very likely I’ll die alone (my oh my how Shinji like of me (that’s also the reason Shinji is my favourite character ever as I can really relate to him))
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dartz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:32 am

It's not worth it. Too easy to be betrayed and hurt, to difficult to maintain.... to little gain.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

F*CK I FORGOT! WAAAAHHHHH!!! BO

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 am

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:(I have only five real friends).

Quality over quantity my friend, if you even just one good friend in your life, you're doing rather well.

Further, you're still young, people change and evolve until they hit their 30's, and even then it doesn't quite stop, but it's at that point people are better aware of who they are, have typically figure out what's most important in life to them, and generally, figure out how to put with those whom they see as F*CKING ASSHOLES!... and know how to reach out to those they connect with.

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:So it is very likely I’ll die alone

I'd keep more hope about yourself. If only because women also become more desperate in their 30s. ; )

But if so, then you should ensure it's something that happens by choice, not by default.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”