Animated food

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Animated food

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:32 pm

So, I'm a person who enjoys experimenting new food, specially after seeing something that looks yummy on tv or somewhere else. Evangelion presented me with a delicacy that I didn't really know (I'm not familiar with Japanese culture) and got me curious enough to try it. In all my noobness I tried to find a way to upload an image of said delicacy from my hd into this post, but I couldn't, so the best I could do was add it to my profile. If it's not too much to ask, could someone take a look at the pic in my avatar and let me know what food is that? And where I can buy it?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

These are weenies that are cut up to look like little octopi, there might be a special brand though so you should go to some asian grocery store and ask about their weenies there.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm surprised this topic wasn't made by Enki or Defectron

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:42 pm

That's tako sausage. It's just a wiener or sausage cut in the shape of an octopus. Very popular and cute thing to put in Japanese lunch boxes. Here's a tool you can buy to make them.
Last edited by ZapX on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Those are just sausages shaped like octopus. Very common in anime and manga, almost every kid at school will have an obento with those.

edit: it looks like I took too long to write the post xD
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:46 pm

oh damn, I completely misread the OP. I thought this was some sort of weird joke thread about digitalizing & animating food and spreading and eating it through the internet :facepalm:

yeah, they're tako sausages. nom nom.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:52 pm

Looks like octopus sausage (tako-san wiener), it's pretty common sight in Japanese obentou that mothers pack for their children. You should keep that picture as your avatar just for fun, by the way.

As far as how to make them, hopefully you should find something through the google link. Buying ingredients from a 99 Ranch or a Mitsuwa if you have them nearby should help (or some Asian market).

[google:1ryvvfta]Octopus sausage recipe[/google:1ryvvfta]

I hope this helps! :)

Edit: Heh I was beaten to the first reply too. Oh well.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Defectron wrote:you should go to some asian grocery store and ask about their weenies there.

Lol

I'd like to thank everyone for the lightning fast answers. I'm quite disappointed though that these are not some new thing that I could try, just some sort of decorative sausage.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:You should keep that picture as your avatar just for fun, by the way.

I shall.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:42 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:I'd like to thank everyone for the lightning fast answers. I'm quite disappointed though that these are not some new thing that I could try, just some sort of decorative sausage.

Well, you could always try frying up some actual baby octopuses. They're sort of crunchy.

To answer your image problem, we don't host images here. You can put them on an image host like http://imgur.com/ and then display them in your posts using the img tag. Read more here:

http://forum.evageeks.org/faq.php?mode=bbcode
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:58 am

They have those sausages for breakfast at IKEA with eggs if you want to try them out...
But they´re just cut-up sausages, they don´t taste too different.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:13 am

Drama CD rather than anime, but the thread title made me think it was going to be about this.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:24 am

Oh Japan. The land where anything is possible.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

ShadowGT
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ShadowGT » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:03 am

I've tried Sausages cut up like that before at a hotel i was staying at in Bali a few years back. Was part of their all you can eat breakfast. At first i didn't know what they were till i tried one & realized it was just sausage.

Yummy :P

PSN: ShadowGT-R
Steam: Fatpizza20

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”