Dammit Gainax! (Mahoromatic series instead of OVA??)

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Dammit Gainax! (Mahoromatic series instead of OVA??)

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:47 pm

It looks like Gainax is doing a new mahoromatic series instead of just a single oav ep like I though (theyed better be doing the same with abenobashi!)

http://blog.seiha.org/2009/10/mahoromatic-welcome-back-02-total-wardrobe-failure/

But you see here's what annoyes me, after Gurren lagann came out they wanted to do a real sequal to it instead of that clipshow movie that yamaga forced them to do. And now we get an actual legitimate sequal to mahoromatic, one of their most meh shows? Seriously, WTF? Gurren Lagann deserved a real sequal (and not a fake sequal like we got) more then that show ever did.

Man and here I thought Gainax had turned over a new leaf when Gurren lagann and rebuild came out which were both good, hell even shikabane hime was alright if you could just get past that dumbass ouri. But now it looks like their going back to the ways of the gainax dark ages between flcl and gurren lagann.

That's not to say nothing good came out of that period, that was the period that gave us Abenobashi which was alright, Re: Cutey honey which was good in a dumb sort of way, Diebuster which was good and Melody of oblivion which was really good. But the point is that during this period theyed inconsistantly make good shows mixed in with meh shows like all those moe anime like mahoromatic, ugly beautiful world, he is my master and princess yuushi. Why can't it be like how it used to be when theyed consistantly make good things? I know its because Yamaga thinks its more profitable to do things like this, I hope his girlfreind tells him "Yamaga kun you've changed." I kinda feel like studio shaft is the new gainax in that respect. I mean out of all their recent shows I've seen airing I consider all of them to be pretty good. I guess this means Gainax is probably never going back to how it used to be, well at least I still have shaft.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:54 pm

I liked Mahoromatic. Not as much as EVA and I havent seen TTGL mind you, but the thing is in the manga and the series there wasnt supposed to be anything after Management was defeated. It was just happy reuninon the The End. So the OVA would have made more sense. But however; I'm not going to knock until I actually get a chance to see it. Who knows, they might pull off an ass pull :shrug:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:31 pm

I thought Tadaima-Okaeri was just a 2-episode OVA and that's it?? Either way if what you're saying is true, this is awesome new imo. :asuka_happy:

*Drags Naw-kun to the ground and prays along with him to the Gainax gods that Mahoromatic gets a proper ending* this time around*

*The ending WAS okay given the situation but it's still....yeah. I'm not saying it has to be a happy ending, but just more shit being explained is nice. Stop pulling a Gainax, gainax!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:52 pm

*Drags Naw-kun to the ground and prays along with him to the Gainax gods that Mahoromatic gets a proper ending* this time around*

According to the blog that takes place during the middle of the series , so no new ending here. Though I can only hope the new abenobashi anime will have an ending of some sort.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:06 pm

I don't see any news on the blog saying theres going to be a new Mahoromatic series.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:16 pm

woops looks like I misread the blog I guess it does end on ep 2.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:03 pm

It is just two episodes, but as far as briefly reviving an old show to cash in on Kanokon's success, it was surprisingly artsy. Despite the fact that Anno doesn't seem to have storyboarded the OP like he did for Mahoromatic's previous two, it's even more Anno-ish than both of them combined (except for the lack of the train). I mean, it even has the quick flashes of white text on a black background.

And the conversation between Minawa and Feldrance in the second episode is probably the most artistically shot/executed scene I've seen in all of Mahoromatic (in the anime, anyway). I couldn't understand what they were saying, but it looks like they were attempting to build Feldrance into a sympathetic character... which, if they actually managed to do, is quite an accomplishment since he was always depicted as a sadistic psychopath, particularly after he killed Prof. Methris.

Also, Yamaga hasn't changed. He grabbed the opportunity to make Mahoromatic back in 2001 because, in his own words, it was the type of series he'd "always wanted" to do. He wasn't involved with Tadaima Okaeri, though, other than ostensibly greenlighting the project.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”