Gurren Lagann Countdown!

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:30 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:The rule against piracy does not include fansubbed media. It is in the best interest of the industry that shows be fansubbed so that an interest for them can be built through buzz marketting. I have no reservation about providing a link to the fansubs of Gurren Lagann, however, it most be to a site that only deals in fansubs, like Anime Suki. If you link to a site that provides downloads of licensed media, or pirated non-anime media, the links WILL be removed.

Noted. I added the second part of that in there because at the time of Gendo'sPapa's request, it hadn't been listed on AnimeSuki yet, and the toshan site lists hentai and licensed stuff. Out of curiosity, what happens when a torrent gets posted, then a few months later it gets licensed?

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:51 am

Just search ADTRW on Google. Not that hard.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:55 pm

Ornette wrote:Out of curiosity, what happens when a torrent gets posted, then a few months later it gets licensed?

Until we know the street date for the release of the first DVD, I could care less. For all you know, they could license it and take their sweet fucking time releasing it. Or worse, they could license it, and then let the license expire. So if the show DOES get licensed half way through, I wouldn't care too much if some kept posting links to the fansubs. But again, the site has to be clean. It can't be a generic torrent site, it has to be the fansubber's site.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:54 pm

Thanks for the headups on the sub! ADTRW did Welcome to the NHK and I LOVED that series (Misaki-chan!) and now I've got a new anime to hold me over till September.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:32 pm

http://animesuki.com/group.php/256.html

Enjoy.

*goes off to download and watch*

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:44 pm

So, I watched it.

Definitely inherited something from FLCL. Nice reprise of the NGE eyeflash explosion at the beginning, too.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:11 pm

I just finished watching it, and I really liked it. You could definitely tell it was a Gainax work. In fact, I'd say it was the most Gainaxinest.

The frenetic action was fun to watch, and I don't remember there being any points in the episode in which I was the least bit disinterested. They just had to have the "boy lands head-first into girl's breasts" trope, though...

BTW, I was heavily reminded of Saul of the Mole Men throughout this episode. Digging to the surface being forbidden, Project Thunderhole, etc. Did anyone else feel that way? Come to think of it... does anyone else watch Saul Malone's adventures underground?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:22 pm

What I really liked about the way they did the "guy lands head-first into girl's breast" thing is that rather than freak out, accuse him of being a pervert, and hit him, she looks down at him and smiles.

So far, Yoko is my favorite character in the series (followed by Simon).

Still though, I know I'm gonna enjoy this
:D
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Yoko's pretty damn cool. I guess if you dress like that you'd have to be nonchalant about kids faces in your chest.

I mean her outfit can't function as any kind of body armor.

I liked her character and think she has potential to become really awesome (though I'm guessing if this anime does become serious later on a.la. Gainax does that mean her character will, you know, put on a t-shirt?)

My favorite though is Kamina. Obnoxiously confident. I think he's got some interesting backstory hidden in there.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:36 pm

BTW, from the look of the surface, this planet isn't supposed to be Earth, right?

OR IS IT EARTH IN THE DISTANT FUTURE AFTER ALL VEGETATION IS GONE?!

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:29 am

This show will be manly and epic, and manly.
Simon grows up to be a GAR badass( the guy from the intro sequence after the OP in episode 1)
Kamina is already badass and I don't think he dies.
Hot girl + boobs
medium robot head + giant robot + HUGE ROBOT WE SEE IN THE INTRO = best show EVER!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:21 am

I was underwhelmed by the first episode -- it seemed all full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. I didn't care for the Vaughn Bode-esque animation style; and the content seemed aimed squarely at one's inner 12-year-old : assuming one's inner 12-year-old has ADHD.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:40 pm

Okay, I just absolutely HAVE to say this... was I the only one who absolutely loved the mole-pig stampede? Both lines run into each other and end up piling up to the ceiling, then Kamina gets whacked in the head with a pole and they all come tumbling town, tumbling down, tumbling down... I love it so much...

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:04 pm

[off topic]I didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but it is kind of/just barely Gainax related. I just watched the first episode of the new show "Hayato the Combat Butler" and laughed out loud when I saw this:
Image[/off topic]
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:18 pm

Hehe! Shinji's uncle Bendo!!!!

-oh. I became a new angel....

NeonZ
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NeonZ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:09 am

I was pleasantly surprised with this title. Yes, it doesn't look like the next Eva or anything close, but the first episode was definitely entertaining, more than Gunbuster's first one. It was over the top sometimes, but still with one foot on the ground, unlike other animes that tried a similar approach like Sunrise's GaoGaiGar. I'll be following this.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:16 am

Man, they got to bring out Episode 2!!! Don't just rerelease new versions of Ep 1 fansubbers of the world! I need more Kamina, Yoko, & Simon!!
Most of all I need new Imaishi!!

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:12 pm

Oh yeah, it's been over a week now, hasn't it? :(

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:03 am

Man, this waiting for Episode 2 is unpleasant. I'm downloading the RAW right now but this is going to be a long couple of months it looks like.

Imaihsi- you can hold me over til Rebuild.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:41 am

The benefits of only getting into anime that are over and done with, fufufu.

This show sounds like Anime Cliche City to me. Image
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”