Studio Kimigabuchi's Retake series

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

defiate
Lilith

Studio Kimigabuchi's Retake series

•      
  •      

Postby defiate » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:26 am

There's this doujinshi with a really good story circulating the web- Studio Kimigabuchi's Retake series (warning: not for minors). It's not like me to be recommending doujinshi, but this one is definitely worth it. If I had to write a review on the books I would say it's "touching" "page turner" and "true to the series"

The order of the books are 1,2,3 and finally zero.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:38 am

Not true, there's a #4 supposedly coming out this august.

The sex really isn't necessary, they could have made it just as good without having to add a buncha fucking to it.

defiate
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby defiate » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:45 am

when I said the order of books I meant the order that people should read it in.... it would screw up the story if they started from zero, don't you think?

also, the exact date for retake 4's launch has been stated as aug. 11 at a manga expo. i'm quite pissed that i'm leaving tokyo on the 1st of august but maybe i'll wait till the translations come out on the net.

and yeah, i'm with you on the whole sex thing- it's really not necessary and it feels as if the writer was trying to cram at least one sex scene into every volume. the only really necessary scene was the one on volume 1.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:21 am

It's pure quality. Luckily, I only just discovered Eva, so the only issue I'm having to wait for is this one.

Aaaaaand I'm off.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:26 am

I've read it and I can't wait until number 4 comes out. Is 4 going to be the final part or havn't they said how many there's going to be?

defiate
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby defiate » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:49 am

4 is final for sure.
I'm pretty jealous for everyone who read the series recently... they won't have to wait as long as I did. lucky bastards!

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”