Zuggy has a complaint

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:30 am

Can either keep sending me threatening PMs and banning me, or we can work together like I offered months back in the thread linked below.

If you want to continue down the former road like you have for the last few months then you might as well ban me permanently, instead of pissing me about like you were and are, e.g.:

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Anyway, I don't see any problem with reverting the pages to how they originally were, considering you feel your writing wasn't that good. That's understandable.

UrsusArctos wrote:Anyone else in favor of reverting/rewriting the articles in question?

You're carrying over the disgusting attitude you cultivated in the General Wiki thread (and likely amongst yourselves) to the rest of the board - that thread has fortunately been preserved here so all the users can view it: http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5498

Edit: it was sad to see just how smug some of the moderators got in the threads in the feedback forum over the last week and a bit, especially Tines.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:17 pm

There is a limit to how much sympathy I can muster for your self-inflicted woes.

Starting by running a scorched earth attack on the wiki did not do you any favours. The time to ask about working together and expect a sympathetic hearing -- which you would have received -- was before setting out on your little self-censorship/vandalism jag.

Get your inner two-year-old under control.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Zuggy
Banned

Postby Zuggy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:The time to ask about working together and expect a sympathetic hearing -- which you would have received -- was before setting out on your little self-censorship/vandalism jag.

The before occurred in #egf. Don't remember how it went now, but what happened there between me and Reichu/co. was too much on top of everything else. I asked for my posts and edits on the wikithing to be deleted after sitting on the end of their abuse, someone said moderators on this forum don't have the facility to delete all a user's posts and that it would be easier if I did it myself, and after another argument followed up by their extramundane attacks I went and did exactly that out of spite.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:14 pm

• What happens in #egf stays in #egf.
  • What goes into the wiki becomes part of the wiki.
  • Doing things out of spite makes you no friends.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Zuggy wrote:Don't remember how it went now, but what happened there between me and Reichu/co. was too much on top of everything else. I asked for my posts and edits on the wikithing to be deleted after sitting on the end of their abuse, someone said moderators on this forum don't have the facility to delete all a user's posts and that it would be easier if I did it myself, and after another argument followed up by their extramundane attacks I went and did exactly that out of spite.

I do remember, I have the logs, and I don't know what you're talking about.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:21 pm

Zuggy: I remember talking to Reichu about this, asking what initially made you mad at her. She said she still isn't sure.

Of course, don't let me speak for her. Take anything I say with a grain of salt, as I'm probably lying.

I will say, though, while you can still read this: I really respected you before you removed your wikistuff and all your posts, but after the removal it made me feel like you're even more immature than I am. Removing stuff out of spite if you feel it may actually give you some positive results is one thing, but just doing so to spite one or two people at a disadvantage to everyone else who did nothing bad for you is ridiculous. It gains you nothing except, perhaps, mild annoyance upon the parts of people who you intend to annoy, and a lot more annoyance upon third parties.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:24 pm

Zuggy wrote:If you want to continue down the former road like you have for the last few months then you might as well ban me permanently

Okay.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Well, that was a genuine shame.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:24 pm

It IS a shame that this happened considering Zuggy did contribute to the community. But, if he's going to keep playing that childish leverage card and continuing to whine just because he didn't get his way (for the record that statement I made which he keeps quoting was before I really had an understanding of the whole "I want those pages deleted" rant) then banning him was/is the only way to resolve this mess.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:45 pm

To me it looks like he did change for the better before reverting to his old state. If it's any consolation, we booted him before he started ranting about us being Merkabah agents or extradimensional evil entities.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”