On This Day in Eva

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:09 pm

So, on my tumblr blog, I've started a series of posts (using this timeline as the template) called "This Day in Evangelion" where I detail the events occurring in Evangelion on the day they occur. The first post is here, detailing the events of today, which are the failed synchronization test with Unit-00 as seen in the flashback at the beginning of episode 5. If anyone is interested in keeping up, all posts are tagged "This Day in Evangelion".

Note, the timeline I am using may not be perfect, but it is the most detailed one I've come across, so I'm going to be using it for my posts. I think we can all accept that a perfect timeline just doesn't exist, and have fun with the closest we can get.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:42 pm

I do like this timeline, as a matter of fact. Hmm, so according to that timeline today's the day Eva-00 goes berserk, Gendo's glasses crack and Rei gets her bandages, and tomorrow's the day Sachi stomps into Tokyo-3.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Actually, going by that timeline Sachiel day won't be until Thursday. Tomorrow is the day Gendo drafts the letter summoning Shinji to Tokyo-3 and Misato sends it along with the picture of herself.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:12 pm

The timeline does make a lot more sense, but man Shinji gets the letter within 24 hours after it's sent?

Nerv must have priority shipping.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Looks like I overlooked that. Appropriate that Sachiel should come on a Thursday, since his "Angelic Day" is supposed to be Thursday!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:48 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:The timeline does make a lot more sense, but man Shinji gets the letter within 24 hours after it's sent?

Nerv must have priority shipping.

After Rei's injury, I'd imagine they'd want their replacement pilot there as soon as possible. Shelling out the few extra bucks for priority shipping seems like a no-brainer when the alternative is Shinji not being in Tokyo-03 in time for Sachiel's attack.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:51 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Looks like I overlooked that. Appropriate that Sachiel should come on a Thursday, since his "Angelic Day" is supposed to be Thursday!

Oh wow, I didn't even think of that, but you're right. That's another thing the June 22nd date didn't have going for it.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:30 pm

It's the 9th in Japan, which means that the JMSDF tanks should be readying themselves for Sachiel's landfall right now. Sachi should emerge from the ocean soon and the action should start. And Shinji's probably on the train now.

The fun begins! :lol:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:43 pm

The idea of Instrumentality spanning several days, instead of just one, is pretty interesting. NGE2 "feels" to paint it as a timeless, dream/nightmare-like, event.

Hope Reichu gives her 2 cents on her NGE2 interpretation too.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:45 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Hope Reichu gives her 2 cents on her NGE2 interpretation too.

What NGE2 interpretation?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:28 am

Happy Sachiel Day everyone! (At least according to the timeline I'm using).

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:35 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:What NGE2 interpretation?

Your thoughts on Instrumentality in-game (if it seems like a timeless event or what else).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:02 pm

View Original PostSephizim wrote:Happy Sachiel Day everyone! (At least according to the timeline I'm using).

Happy Sachi Day!
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:21 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Your thoughts on Instrumentality in-game (if it seems like a timeless event or what else).

The stuff I've translated didn't seem to provide any information on the matter either way.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:17 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Happy Sachi Day!

Yay, happy me!
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:21 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Yay, happy me!

You've gotten blasted by an N2 mine, had both your arms and half your face ripped off by an angry Eva-01, had your ribcage ripped out and your core stoved in and you finally went BOOOOOM to very little effect...and you're happy? :tongue:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:06 am

At least he died fighting for what he believed in, rather than living to see it all fail at the end.

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:00 am

Happy Shamshel Day everyone!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:59 pm

View Original PostSephizim wrote:Happy Shamshel Day everyone!

Was this posted in the official site? Because it should have been like 2 weeks ago...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:00 am

I'm using this timeline as a basis. It puts the date of Sachiel's attack on a different date than the June 22nd one everyone was using, but it all seems pretty sound for the most part, and also gives us actual dates for most of the events in the series.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”