Evangelion MMORPG

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Evangelion MMORPG

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:51 pm

RIGHT. Not sure if online MMORPGs are right in this thread. Anyway, this here is an NGE-based MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) by a guy called Liam Young. It's turn based combat based on probability just like a PnP RPG, just with a computerized system. Since I started playing, the system's gotten better, more fun and faster. So please take a look. The system runs on moving across hexagons that make up the map of Tokyo-3 and attacking random enemies that come across your path. Kind of WoW-ish, really.

Absolute Terror

Official (Kind of old) trailer:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSosWXxeSxw&feature=player_embedded[/url]

Older screenshots:

My own, more recent shots:

Ahem! So, remember to visit the somewhat old Player's Guide and please, if you're interested in this game, sign up for Nerv. We're kind of short on hands right now.[/img]

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:34 am

The interface doesn´t look to inviting, but I´ll definitely check this out.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:38 pm

lol I'm surprised anyone actually replied, but I personally feel that it's rather convinient, with no dl and easy simple loading.

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:08 pm

View Original Posttehprognoob wrote:lol I'm surprised anyone actually replied, but I personally feel that it's rather convinient, with no dl and easy simple loading.

Just saw this. I'll give the game a shot. Is NERV still short on hands(since I doubt you can change factions after you register)?

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:30 pm

can't change, and we recovered a little, though we're still fighting hard ^_^

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:38 pm

View Original Posttehprognoob wrote:can't change, and we recovered a little, though we're still fighting hard ^_^

Heh. I picked Unit 00, Prototype. I figured something with good defense and health would be good for a beginner. Tokyo-3 City Centre.

Account name is Korsakovia (alias is the same), for what it's worth. Hopefully I'll figure out how to defend myself before I end up like Shinji in Episode 01.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Well, hang around the Cage a bit and repair stuff. I have a Unit 00 Prot. that literally has 74 Action Points and can knock the shit out of anything, even a full Leliel, and can repair most of a set of Blast Door, Reinforced Blast Door and Postiron Cannon from full health. Also invest in reactivation, since that can be a bitch.
Anything labeled "PRASWU," "CMU," "CRU," or "LOTD" when you hover your mouse over the unit image is a FRIEND-They're all my or my friend's Nerv-Friendly accounts ^_^
BTW, get Unit 02s. The Double Pallet Rifle racks up amazing Terror Points and get you Berserk in no time. Asuka's an absolute crazy bitch at close range ^_^

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 pm

View Original Posttehprognoob wrote:Well, hang around the Cage a bit and repair stuff. I have a Unit 00 Prot. that literally has 74 Action Points and can knock the shit out of anything, even a full Leliel, and can repair most of a set of Blast Door, Reinforced Blast Door and Postiron Cannon from full health. Also invest in reactivation, since that can be a bitch.
Anything labeled "PRASWU," "CMU," "CRU," or "LOTD" when you hover your mouse over the unit image is a FRIEND-They're all my or my friend's Nerv-Friendly accounts ^_^
BTW, get Unit 02s. The Double Pallet Rifle racks up amazing Terror Points and get you Berserk in no time. Asuka's an absolute crazy bitch at close range ^_^

You mean for my 'squad mates'? I was a little confused what that meant...you can add to the number of EVAs you control?

And I'll try to make my way to the Cage. I'm assuming you can just walk there?

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:26 pm

If you're in the middle of Tokyo-3 Centre, then make your way to the middle, where the Monorail Platform is, go down that and you're in the GeoFront. There's another door a few hexagons off that will lead you to the Cage.
And yes, leveling up gives you a maximum of 7 Units a squad. I have three Nerv accounts all full ^_^ but if you multisquad, make sure they don't operate together or you will be banhammer'd.

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:03 pm

View Original Posttehprognoob wrote:If you're in the middle of Tokyo-3 Centre, then make your way to the middle, where the Monorail Platform is, go down that and you're in the GeoFront. There's another door a few hexagons off that will lead you to the Cage.
And yes, leveling up gives you a maximum of 7 Units a squad. I have three Nerv accounts all full ^_^ but if you multisquad, make sure they don't operate together or you will be banhammer'd.

Made it there! I don't see a lot of building objects. I guess I just rest there, shoot up to the surface, fight, then come back down?

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:16 pm

explore a bit. go down into the cage and learn the launch ramps and their routes. do some of the objectives and since u use a 00 prot seek out maintenance centers and radio transmitters and keep them up. a little hp is all they need to repair you :) weapon caches are cool too. you get random weapons that you can use. look up the NPCs section and find ritsuko's apartment. when the sky on the right of you turn dark drag corpses of the angel indicated to the area, undrag and get iridium shards, which is basically money. use it to buy stuff from Kaji at black markets. theres one a bit to the north-west of the tokyo west eva ramp. fortify the defenses at hakone as that is probably the next big battlefield between the admin, forum mod and us Nerv folks

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:55 pm

Immobilized isn't dead, is it?

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:12 pm

it's dead, but once you heal enough you can reactivate.

EDIT: OOH that was fun. Saw you, btw. First kill, lol?!
Just wiped out Mt. Hakone's Angels. Join us, please!
(There's 2 left over -_-)

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:59 pm

View Original Posttehprognoob wrote:it's dead, but once you heal enough you can reactivate.

EDIT: OOH that was fun. Saw you, btw. First kill, lol?!
Just wiped out Mt. Hakone's Angels. Join us, please!
(There's 2 left over -_-)

Yeah, I spawned next to a Sachiel. I followed the guide and blew 3/4 of my action points killing it with an assault rifle.

Mt. Hakone's? I had trouble getting over there. I took a launch pad up to the Southern lake, but couldn't find my way over there before my AP got low. I'll take another shot once I have enough.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Take the ramp between the North and South Lake Ramps. Have your AT Field/Shield turned on since the Hexagon leading to the path up to the peak of the mountain is guarded. Go a bit to the left from the ramp and walk up the mountain until you can shoot at the arael and armisael there. Don't be discouraged if you miss a lot; these things have lots of evasion and are hard to kill. Build up to a rage and use meele on the armisael; it won't hit you back since it's guarding.

EDIT: NVM, someone else got 'em

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 pm

I don't think I had the AP to get there. :(

I figured out how to drag an immobilized angel, just not how to 'deliver' it to Ritsuko. I found her lab in the Cage, but I couldn't find any way to sell it to her.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:11 pm

When it's the day (when the "sky" is bright), drag it to the lab and drop it there. Just unhitch and it'll work. During the night (When the sky is dark) go to her apartment somewhere south of the Geofront. Just drop the correct Angel and you'll be paid.

Korsakovia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Korsakovia » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:49 am

Finally got it! XD Two Armisael were kind of enough to have died on a launch ramp.

How hard is Kaji to find? I'm finding that crossing a map takes up most of my AP (leaving myself, even on overguard, out in the open doesn't seem like a smart idea).

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby tehprognoob » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 am

there is one a bit north and to the west of the Eva Ramp in Tokyo-3 Western Region. Memorize a few positions. There's another a bit south and to the east of the Research Station in Tokyo-3 North. There's one down at Lake Ashi South down the curve of the lakeshore south of the 23rd Bunker.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:03 pm

I can't commit, but it does look good in a way.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”