Image Request Thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:37 am

does anyone have a gif of Misato slapping ritsuko in the 1.0 after credits preview?
here is the original

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:45 am

It's a fine scene. My memory is a little rusty since I haven't seen 2.22 in a while; what scene does the slap take place in? Does it even make it into the film?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 am

The post credit scenes "next time" preview in 1.0 for 2.0. For better or worse it never showed up in the final film.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 am

It's in the Next-Time preview at the end of 1.0, it never appeared in 2.0 proper.

Well, Ray beat me on this one.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 am

If I remember the background correctly, it looked like the slap would have taken place when Misato and Ritsuko are bickering about whether or not to go ahead on the Sahaquiel mission.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:If I remember the background correctly, it looked like the slap would have taken place when Misato and Ritsuko are bickering about whether or not to go ahead on the Sahaquiel mission.

most likely, but its actually outside in the preview

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:21 pm

I wouldn't say it's "outside". It looks like it's on board a ship.

Most interesting scenario?

They're on board this ship having a lively debate about what to do with this.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:48 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I wouldn't say it's "outside". It looks like it's on board a ship.

thanks for the gif ^_^
that is a interesting thought.
even more interesting... (and i DO NOT like thinking/considering this about my favorite character), what if the argument is not the way we would expect it to be with Misato demanding they try to help Shinji, what if after near third impact Misato is so shocked/traumatized to have had to witness that again, she is the one demanding they move there asses in regards to getting that blasted thing off the planet.
and she later reconsiders for Shinji's sake, far too late to stop the launch, and THATS why she is the way she is in 3.0 not cus she blames Shinji, but cus she hates herself for letting that happen to him.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:32 pm

^
Remember that the tesseract in Q bears the symbol of neo-NERV so it's more likely that Shogouki was blasted off to space after the split, not before.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:37 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I wouldn't say it's "outside". It looks like it's on board a ship.

Wait a minute. Wasn't this in the trailer for 2.22? If that's the case, then how is this related in any way to the events of Q?

(And thanks for the correction as to location- I appreciate it)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:07 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Wait a minute. Wasn't this in the trailer for 2.22? If that's the case, then how is this related in any way to the events of Q?

movieartman had the theory that Misato just ordered EVA-01 to be sent off in space while Ritsuko argued against it, and by the time Misato saw reason, it was already too late to call off the operation and Shogouki ended in a 14 years space vacation trip.
Except that since the tesseract had neo-NERV logo, it's impossible that Misato was the one who ordered the Eva to be imprisoned in space.

In short, typical EGF fanwankery! :lol:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:34 pm

The original slap was in episode 16, IIRC -- but Leliel got dropped rather than conflated into any of the other angels in Ha.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Which is a damn shame, because a rebuild-style Leliel would have looked amazing.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:52 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The original slap was in episode 16, IIRC -- but Leliel got dropped rather than conflated into any of the other angels in Ha.

Wasn't Sahaquiel's first form a nod to Leliel?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:54 pm

It could have been, assuming that we wanted to take it that way. It wouldn't have been that much of an homage, though.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Still better than poor Gaghiel that got replaced by the most ridiculous looking Angel ever made! :lol:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:01 pm

Heh, that wasn't even a homage! Clockiel was certainly interesting, though. And weak. It's like the Matariel of NTE. Say, maybe that was the homage!

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Maybe, although Clockiel did managed to do more damage than Matarael! :lol:

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:13 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:movieartman had the theory that Misato just ordered EVA-01 to be sent off in space while Ritsuko argued against it, and by the time Misato saw reason, it was already too late to call off the operation and Shogouki ended in a 14 years space vacation trip.
Except that since the tesseract had neo-NERV logo, it's impossible that Misato was the one who ordered the Eva to be imprisoned in space.

In short, typical EGF fanwankery! :lol:

I stand corrected and am thankful for it.
The idea just popped in to my head when I saw the slap, seemed like something anno would switch around on us.
I didn't recall any markings on the tessaract but I trust you guys word.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:34 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The original slap was in episode 16, IIRC -- but Leliel got dropped rather than conflated into any of the other angels in Ha.

The 8th Angel in NTE starts off looking similar to Leliel in shape and coloring, though it ends up opening into a redesigned Sahaquiel. You get two different Angelic designs in one.

SPOILER: Show

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”