Image Request Thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Texas isn't open carry? Shit, I'm in Delaware and we're theoretically open carry.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:24 pm

I know, right!? I mean, New Mexico right next door is! The gubernatorial candidates from both parties are in favor of it!

Most likely, it has to do with the large islands of blue in the vast swathes of red. Texas has a much bigger urban and liberal population than most people give it credit for. Though the open-carry loons who march on the capital every week with slung assault rifles would have it otherwise....

If you want more details on Texas firearm shenanigans, Chuckman, PM me. I have much to tell.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:57 am

1.) Hey guys if any of you know of any Art of Misato In that containment outfit she wore when stopping jet alone, please post it :)
It's the closest we ever got to Misato in a plug suit, in the actual series.

2.) also if anyone has a gif of the shot of Mari's Cleavage as she is putting on the plug suit in 2.0, that would be appreciated also. :shifty:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:26 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:I think it's canon by this point: Misato is a reckless shooter. For shame, Misato.

Doubt it.
If she wasn't at least somewhat good with the shooting iron, her leeroy charge against those grunts in EoE would have ended in swift, stupid death intead of three dead JSSDF guys and one sucessfully aquired Shinji.

It's probably more than your average fanartist has pretty little idea where your fingers are supposed to go.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:27 am

Idiocy re: trigger discipline is as widespread as bad anatomy in the art world, sadly. Bow use is even worse (makes fantasy art a nightmare).
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:30 pm

I need some photos of Eva Unit 01 in the "womb" of the Wunder. For reference for a fic I'm writing. . .Google Image search is a pain in the keister. I keep getting scenes of Eva Unit 13 battling Unit 02.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Actually in the womb? We really don't have any good references for that. There's two shots in the movie, both on computer screens and at least one of them is just a simulation and may not actually be how things are really arranged.

Most of the relevant screencaps are in these threads:
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/15092/Who-Re-armoured-Eva-01-and-when-Split/
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13476/AAA-Wunder/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu May 01, 2014 6:34 pm

If anyone has a clearer more quality version of this shot from 2.0 mabye from the blu ray, it would be Appreciated.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 pm

http://i.minus.com/iDyiSPzTfGdhb.jpg

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:http://i.minus.com/iDyiSPzTfGdhb.jpg

many thanks bro!
i require it for a drawing im doing. much appreciated.
^_^

also
anyone have a gif of this pan?
appreciate it.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed May 14, 2014 3:55 am

Okay, this is going to sound really weird...but I'm looking for a picture of Shinji dressed like this with the same expression:
SPOILER: Show

Looking for it for avatar use someday (and I've got this inkling of a story idea). Thanks in advance.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon May 19, 2014 6:25 pm

hi
can i get a hd blu ray rip of this shot?
love the angle of Misato's eye looking down with pitty at Shinji.
really appreciate it.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon May 19, 2014 6:35 pm

I dunno, we can't see her eyes. it could be anything from loathing to sadness. . .maybe a combo of all three.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon May 19, 2014 6:36 pm

You can see her left eye pretty clearly even in the bad screencap

BD: http://i1.minus.com/iIaDmgcUgyBEF.jpg

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon May 19, 2014 6:38 pm

My screen must be messed up then, cause I don't see it. . . all I see is a mouth and a visor.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm

I can see it, and it's clearly a pensive look. (her eyebrow isn't frowning)
So it's impossible to know what she's thinking or felling here, like almost all of her scenes in Q.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon May 19, 2014 8:53 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:You can see her left eye pretty clearly even in the bad screencap

BD: http://i1.minus.com/iIaDmgcUgyBEF.jpg

thanks man appreciate the help.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I can see it, and it's clearly a pensive look. (her eyebrow isn't frowning)
So it's impossible to know what she's thinking or felling here, like almost all of her scenes in Q.

the brow isn't but the eye is, at least thats what it looks like to me.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue May 20, 2014 2:44 am

Actually, if you increase the gamma on that image, you can see the left eye quite clearly. The expression is still ambivalent, but I don't see loathing.

Image(That's not a BD rip, which I don't have time to do right now.)

Looking at the shot in Groundwork (p53), I see a determination to remain dispassionate in the face of uncertainty (if that doesn't seem too fanciful).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue May 20, 2014 3:11 am

^
That's the impression I got too : she's pensive because the boy she thought disappeared forever 14 years ago suddenly reappeared in her life, but she must keep her calm because they're not sure it's indeed him and not "something" else, and there's also that whole war criminal thing to make things more complicated.
I'm sure that the moment of the NS attack aside, her mind has been working at full speed since his reappearance, trying to sort of how she feels about his return, what should she do...

The only look from her that looks of being of contempt is during her famous "you'll do nothing" line :
SPOILER: Show
[wkimg]Eva3-33 C0271 nanimo.jpg[/wkimg]

It's better seen animated, you see her very briefly widening her eyes before frowning and delivering her line.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue May 20, 2014 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue May 20, 2014 3:19 am

The wide-eyed version is what's in Groundwork (p87); but I don't see simple contempt either - it looks to me more like determination to make the only possible decision, but with a hint of suppressed pity.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”