Image Request Thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Image Request Thread

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:22 pm

Where is that image from, if I may ask? A video game? Official artwork with no clear context?
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:33 pm

I don’t know; but the VGA resolution suggests a game to me.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Ok, so I'm looking for images of the all of the NGE Manga covers in a decent resolution. I want to update the pictures on the wiki, so if someone has access to something like that, it would be greatly appreciated.
EDIT: Found some high res images in a far corner of the web.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:08 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Ok, so I'm looking for images of the all of the NGE Manga covers in a decent resolution. I want to update the pictures on the wiki, so if someone has access to something like that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Book 01  SPOILER: Show

Book 02  SPOILER: Show

Book 03  SPOILER: Show
Can't find the cover of Chapters 16-18 :/

Book 04  SPOILER: Show

Book 05  SPOILER: Show

Book 06  SPOILER: Show

Book 07  SPOILER: Show

Book 08  SPOILER: Show
Can't find the cover of Chapters 50-56 :/

Book 09  SPOILER: Show
Can't find the cover of Chapters 58-63 :/

Book 10  SPOILER: Show
Can't find the cover of Chapters 65-70 :/

Book 11  SPOILER: Show

Okay, now I dont find anything anymore and Ill just post whatever I find and try to give it some sort of order or purpose
From what I can tell those are magaine covers. Idk, they were listed as the chapter covers  SPOILER: Show

That was all I could find, hope it was helpful
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:10 am

Thank you very much!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Thank you very much!

Glad I could help.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Anyone have this in a larger size?
SPOILER: Show

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:51 am

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:09 am

Thank you, sir. I can see how you have 10,000 EVA pics with search skills like that.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:00 am

Learn about Google Image Search; for greater convenience, also have it available on a right click (that's the FireFox version - I'm using a similar one in Opera).

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:16 am

^ I wonder if we get different search results, seeing as you're in the UK, and I'm in the US.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:29 am

If we did, I would expect that to be to my disadvantage. When I right clicked on your image, selected Google Image Search, and in the results page selected "large", I got:

which I wouldn't expect to be less outside the UK!

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:03 am

Yeah, I use Chrome, perhaps that's the issue.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:53 am

Opera uses the Chrome engine too, and can share its extensions, so I doubt that's it.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Well, there's always user error -o-;

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Anything Google search related will, of course, be influenced by one's previous search history, espcieally if you're logged in to a Google account at the time.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:22 pm

I'm always logged into my google account. It makes logging into websites far more convenient.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:14 pm

Does anybody have the drawing that Ikuto Yamashita did way before any real info on 3.0 came out of Asuka and Mari skating on what looks like the Wunder?
Thanks in advance!
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:18 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Does anybody have the drawing that Ikuto Yamashita did way before any real info on 3.0 came out of Asuka and Mari skating on what looks like the Wunder?
Thanks in advance!

It's from 2010. Asuka has the eyepatch on wrong eye.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:04 am

That doesn't really look like an eyepatch to me. At best, it's a 50/50 chance between "eyepatch" and "coloring screw-up".
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”