Favorite Quotes

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:47 pm

"Even a thousand mile journey begins with a single step in the right direction"

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Pretty much the ones in my signature and a longer one by my uncle (He's a professor, the quote arised at a lecture about/against moral relativity):

"Moral is a concept in the human psyche, basically an "instrument" to judge whether an action is "right" or "wrong", the judgment is based on the consequences on the society/affected beings. If the consequences are positive the action is good, if the consequences are negative, the action is bad. The judgment of "right or wrong" is based on the possibly wrong information the "judge" possesses, which is the reason why morals differ in different societies."

Since they sum up my fundamental beliefs rather good. I'm not a big fan of quotes by very famous people. (Although Richard Dawkins said some really inspiering shit. and he's sexy as hell)
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:08 am

A new batch for you all:

I have to be very careful what I say about suicide, but having been quite close to it myself on a number of occasions, I can quite admire someone with the strength to do it. People who have never been close to it cannot hope to understand it, and the idea that it was illegal until recent years is of course laughable. To me, it’s quite honourable in a way, because it’s a person taking *total* control over their lives and their bodies. By not thinking about suicide, or considering it, or examining it, it means that we ultimately just do not have control over our destinies and our bodies and our brains. And I think people without that sense of control are quite shallow, thin individuals. But I’m not saying that simply by having control over your body, the ultimate destination is suicide.
-Morrissey

To me alcoholism is a little like L.A.: everybody thinks they’ve been there and they know the place because they’ve seen Entourage or visited Disneyland, but only the people who have lived there for a few years really get it.
-Craig Ferguson

I never go window-shopping, unless it’s for windows. Strip clubs don’t appeal to me for the same reason. If I was inclined to seek the company of a bunch of angry drunk women who hated me, wanted all my money, and were determined to tease me but not have sex with me, I would just open a bar in Edinburgh.
-Craig Ferguson

Getting so wrapped up in something that falls under the heading of 'Who Gives a Shit?' means there are deep underlying psychological issues.
-Adam Carolla

The lotto is the pinnacle of Loser Mountain. This is a horrible message for elected officials to send to their constituents and a worse message for you to send to yourself. Participating in this government-run scam is you announcing, “I’m a loser. I can’t get my shit together, get a job and an education, and pull myself out of poverty. I have one shot at life and that’s to hammer my welfare check, put on my slippers and bathrobe, shuffle down to the liquor store, pick up some lotto tickets, and maybe God will smile on me.” You’ve officially waved the white flag at life and declared, “I give.”
-Adam Carolla

Between the STOP SENIOR ABUSE bumper stickers and the barbed wire around the freeway signs, L.A. has to win the award for the most depressing city to drive in. A stroll through the Holocaust Museum would be more uplifting.
-Adam Carolla

There is this disgusting perception that they must somehow approve, or not be made uncomfortable, by something someone else says for it to be allowable. But they never come right out and say, “I don’t like it, don’t want to hear it, so it shouldn’t be said.” That’s just a little too revealing a window into the self-centered, emotionally spoiled asshole saying it.
-Jim Norton

Music is very like a drug. In fact, a far bigger drug than smack. I could kick smack; I couldn’t kick music.
-Keith Richards

I cannot call to mind a single instance where I have been irreverent, except toward the things which were sacred to other people.
-Mark Twain

Active evil is better than passive good.
-William Blake

People fashion their God after their own understanding. They make their God first and worship him afterwards.
-Oscar Wilde

You've got to rationalize on your feet. All I know is I've got a script and I'm heading towards the ending.
-Bill Hicks

Nature has a language, you see, if only we'd learn to read it.
-Alan Bennett

Having shit handed to you by surly hipsters, or people whose mouths smile but eyes don’t, is bad for the soul.
-Patton Oswalt

Love is like racing across the frozen tundra on a snowmobile which flips over, trapping you underneath. At night, the ice-weasels come.
-Matt Groening

There exist only two possibilities: either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
-Arthur C. Clarke

The calamity that comes is never the one we had prepared ourselves for.
-Mark Twain

As soon as there is life, there is danger.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I must create a system or be enslaved by another man's.
-William Blake

Mines cost only three dollars to make and to put in the ground. But they cost a hundred dollars to disarm and remove. If you tried to remove them all, it would cost $33 billion and it would take eleven hundred years. They cost three dollars apiece, and they last indefinitely. Wouldn't it be nice if other products could make that claim?
-George Carlin
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:09 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:There exist only two possibilities: either we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
-Arthur C. Clarke

I never really understood how both facts are terrifying. If we were alone, so what ? It's really unlikely, but what's so bad about being the only intelligent species ? If we aren't it's still unlikely to actually make contact with them, and if we do, what is still unbelievable unlikely, being higher developed does not mean being killing machines.
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:35 pm

^

Well, you have the potential, terrifying possibility of being alone in all the vastness of the empty, unfeeling universe. Or, you have the possibility of existing parallel to other species that, at best, will run into the same problems we do when one advanced civilization runs into another...or at worst, are so incomprehensible as to be horrific to us, and us to them.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 pm

"I concluded that the incidence of logodaedaly was purely adventitious." - R.P. Lister, Defenestration

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:12 pm

Winds in the east,
Mist coming in,
Like something is brewing,
About to begin.
Can't put me finger on,
What lies in store,
But, I feel what's to 'appen,
All 'appened before...
From Mary Poppins.

This quote fits my life so perfectly.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:31 am

Yeah, it's that time again.

During a certain period of my life, I attracted some rather bizarre characters. The reason was quite obvious: I was behaving like a bizarre character myself.
-Liz Renay

Men relish every detail of the reveal of a beautiful woman’s naked body. They savor the observations of the kind of panties she has on, the unhooking, the unbuttoning, the gradual unveiling of the statue beneath the pretty silks draped on top of the alabaster undulations. But I just want to know what I have to deal with as straightforwardly as possible. What parts I’m going to have to pretend aren’t there and which ones I know I need to focus on after making out stops being polite and starts getting real.
-Julie Klausner

Whenever someone tells me I’m fat, I tell ’em I wasn’t always: apparently, at one point in my life, I was fit enough to out-swim a legion of sperm. And now, like any past-their-prime athlete, I’m enjoying the good life: I hoisted my Cup already, so at this point, fuck off and lemme enjoy bacon and brownies (maybe even together).
-Kevin Smith

For a week in my life I thought I might die--which is an incredible experience, if you ever have the chance to try it. You’ll start talking to God even if you’re not sure there’s a God. You’ll talk to anyone who might have more power than you, because you really want to cover your bases. You’re like, 'God? Allah? The elephant thing from Hinduism? L. Ron Hubbard? Harry Potter?' I’m brand-loyal to Jesus, but I’m not stubborn. If someone has a plan, I’ll hear ’em out.
-Mike Birbiglia

I’m sure when God was selecting Jesus for his mission to redeem the people of Earth, he didn’t just hurl a potato out of his office window shouting, “Whomever this spud may strike, boy, have I got a job for you!” I imagine there was a rigorous selection process, a kind of celestial X Factor.
-Russell Brand

I'm spunky and quick, and hate gives me the strength of a monkey.
-Laurie Notaro

The feeling you’ve at last met someone who fits is indescribable. True love is never about need. Need is a greedy little emotion and never leads to anything good. True love is about want. You want to be with this person, you feel comfortable around this person, you know that they complete you. True love is mutual. It puts you at ease and gives you the confidence to tackle any problem head on. True love makes you stand.
-don't remember where this one's from, but I agree with it completely

The mind is a labyrinth, ladies and gentlemen, a puzzle. And while the paths of the brain are plainly visible, its ways deceptively apparent, its destinations are unknown. Its secrets still secret. And, if we are honest, it is the lure of the labyrinth that draws us to our chosen field to unlock those secrets. Others have been here before us and have left us signs, but we, as explorers of the mind, must devote our lives and energies to going further to tread the unknown corridors in order to find ultimately, the final solution. We have to see, we have to know...
-Dr. Philip Channard, Hellbound: Hellraiser II (not that good a movie, but a great quote)
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby heavytread » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:39 pm

I can't remember were it's from,I know it was from a tv show

"Tell my story to those who ask the good deeds with the ill, and let them judge accordingly."[\i]

A quote from a great author

"Those who care don't matter and those who matter don't care"~Dr. Susses

And my personal moto
"You can't run away from your problems so why not run at them head first!?"

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Regard closely the signature.
On 11/10/14, at 8:43 PM, Merrimerri wrote:
fhycjubg beat tge sgut iyt if gun
On 6/2/15, at 10:14 PM, Delispin wrote:
> Wow. I've disgusted even myself.

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 am

I prefer your old signature, though I never found out who said it. Considering a lack of results when I googled it I suspect it was YOU ALL ALONG!
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:28 am

pretty sure albert camus said it during a game of pickup basketball

https://qnuw.wordpress.com/ The hottest new meme, revived in blog form. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw. qnuw/qnuw.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:20 am

At this point I don't even know if that's a reference to a book I haven't read or if you're just continuing the theme. :lol:
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

caragnafog dog
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby caragnafog dog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:47 am

We'll never know!

SPOILER: Show
nah I'm just being rude, it's not from anything

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:08 am

“If you love a flower, don’t pick it up.
Because if you pick it up it dies and it ceases to be what you love.
So if you love a flower, let it be.
Love is not about possession.
Love is about appreciation.”

Osho
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:16 am

^ Amen, dude.

If you don't know what pho is, it's a Vietnamese soup that answers the question, 'What happens when a former child soldier pours hot rainwater over fish nightmares?' It's delicious and I can't stop eating it, that's what happens.
-Kyle Kinane

I’m an atheist because I believe God doesn’t exist, not because I have a score to settle with him.
-Adam Carolla

When I first heard the song “Don’t Worry, Be Happy, ” I realized it was exactly the kind of mindless philosophy that Americans would respond to. It would make a great national motto. Right along with 'Me First'.
-George Carlin

If you can’t dance, you fuck a lot of waitresses.
-Voltaire

The course of true love never did run smooth.
-William Shakespeare

I don’t think you need to go out immediately and buy a shitload of survivalist gear--night-vision goggles, a flashlight, bottled water, a new sleeping bag, microwave popcorn and a gun that can kill robots--but in life, it is always best to be prepared.
-Olivia Munn

Getting started. Some would tell you it’s the hardest part of writing a book. They’re wrong, though. Starting is a piece of cake. Keeping it going is the difficult bit. Like having sex when you’re over seventy, I’d imagine.
-Nick Spalding

That’s good marketing for you: ten percent truth, seventy percent bullshit, twenty percent cleavage.
-don't recall the source, but it's accurate

Religion can be a strong and guiding force in a person’s life, but it can also make mountains out of molehills with great ease.
-don't remember who said this one

Find a job you love and the groan escaping your lips at the crack of dawn will be quieter.
-nope, no clue here either

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:14 pm

A
 man
 exists 
for 
a 
generation,
 but 
his
 name 
lasts
 to
 the
 end 
of 
time. - Hagakure
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:33 pm

AngelNo13Bardiel (just gonna refer to you as Bardiel from now on), you are full of too many insightful and thought-demanding quotes.

For now, I have only but one to share, one my father often tells me. I don't know where he got it:

"Only fools hope for a better past."
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:39 am

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:AngelNo13Bardiel (just gonna refer to you as Bardiel from now on), you are full of too many insightful and thought-demanding quotes.

Not really, I just read a lot and pick up good lines/quotes along the way. Anything that makes me laugh and/or think is always a good bet. Most of them weren't intended for this thread, they were for use in my signature.

(And by the by, just "Bardi" is fine with me.)

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:21 am

"The Way of strategy is the Way of nature. When you appreciate the power of nature, knowing the rhythm of any situation, you will be able to hit the enemy naturally and strike naturally. All this is the Way of the Void."

-Musashi Miyamoto.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”