Favorite Quotes

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

Favorite Quotes

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:00 am

Post some of your favorite quotes, and then discuss them, here.

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

PS: Also, look at my siggy for more.
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience."

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:08 am

"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back to you, they'll always be yours. If they don't come back, they were never yours to begin with."

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always had."
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:09 am

"Take my phallipus into thy mouth, knave."
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:17 am

^ :lol:

More Brik's awesomeness:
View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:However, around here when things go off topic, they usually skew towards descriptions of Gary Busey riding bareback on Christopher Walken in a bear costume who is feeding cheeseburgers to Glenn Beck who is being sodomized by Eleanor Roosevelt's corpse.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:24 am

I used this in a recent poem: "The poet only asks to get his head into the heavens. It is the logician who seeks to get the heavens into his head. And it is his head that splits."
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:08 am

"A small mind is easily filled with faith"

"In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide. In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way."
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:10 am

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with his experience."

Xard
Banned

Re: Favorite Quotes

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:22 am

View Original PostBeoX2 wrote:PS: Also, look at my siggy for more.

I'm glad to see that during my abscence someone has kept my favourite quote (the Jung one) afloat :D

I really loved the first sig Merri wrote in the past - something about quantum boom boxes in holograph universe and shit about listening to rewind

it was awesome :lol:

I'm highly partial to my own current sig too - somehow it manages to squeeze the whole essence of anime writing in few short lines...

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:46 am

“The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal.”

"All is lost, save honor."

"Air conditioning has just got to be humanity's greatest treasure. It's a real triumph of science."
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:57 am

Philosophy: questions that may never be answered.
Religion: answers that may never be questioned.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:11 am

You may not know what stuff like cunnilingus does mean, but when the moment comes every multi-cellular creature under and over the sky instinctively knows that the best option is "put it in". - some random 4chan user from years ago

Had I not known that I was dead already, I would have mourned my loss of life. - Ota Dokan

Also, see the "regret" thing in my sig.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:23 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Philosophy: questions that may never be answered.
Religion: answers that may never be questioned.

This. Times infinity.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:36 am

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

"Wanna hear a joke? Fox News."

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Sometimes you don’t know whether to cry or to get angry. But there’s a solution… to do both.

There are no shadows if there is no light near… And the dark is so much darker if the sun shines next to it!

The one who never leaves the ground is scared of the one with enough wings to live with the head in the clouds...

What is a friend? It's like a mix between a pillow and a tissue.
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Re: Favorite Quotes

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:40 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:something about quantum boom boxes in holograph universe and shit about listening to rewind
:lol:

"This is the principle of the holographic reality boom box. Now listen to the sound of rewind." Or something like that. It was intended to go into a story, but the story ended up going in entirely different direction so I never had a chance to use it.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Are we really to the point that it has to be explained why Ghibli is important to the anime industry and it's fans?....this is a sad day for the fandom

:ninja:

Where there's a hole it's a man's job to go through it
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:07 pm

Jean Paul Sartre wrote:Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:26 am

"Great minds are related to the brief span of time during which they live as great buildings are to a little square in which they stand: you cannot see them in all their magnitude because you are standing too close to them." -Arthur Schopenhauer

"If a day does not require an AK, then it is good." -Ice Cube
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:29 am

That's Funny...

Has preceeded more great discoveries than Eureka...
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

BeoX2
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BeoX2 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:48 pm

"If nothing is better than everlasting happiness, and a crumb is better than nothing, therefore a crumb is better than everlasting happiness."

“I still don't fucking understand the end of "End of Evangelion." Is Rei a clone of Shinji's mom? Where the fuck are Shinji and Asuka? Is that LCL safe to drink? I mean, where the hell can a African-American brother get a bottle of Perrier 'round here?” ~ Oscar Wilde on Neon Genesis Evangelion

Oh, Uncyclopedia, how I love you......

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”