[CYOA]Fuyutsuki

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

[CYOA]Fuyutsuki

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:05 am

You awake with a start. You slam down on the cat-themed alarm clock that you got for Dr. Akagi for Christmas, that she accidentally regifted to you the christmas after that. You attempt to come up with some philosophical insight on the regift, but you find it is far too early in the morning for you to think straight. Your thoughts are interrupted when you realize the cat still rings despite your insistent smashing. It is only then that you become cognizant enough to realize that it is your phone that is ringing. You check the caller ID.
"What is it, Ikari?"
"The Mk.II Dummy Plugs are a failure. I'm leaving this to you."
Commander Ikari terminates the call before you can respond.
"Rokubungi," you growl, rubbing your temples as you do so. On the one hand, you're partially relieved that you won't be replaced by that rock with the googly eyes Ikari was considering buying at that yard sale. On the other hand, you've been working under him long enough to recognize that "I'm leaving this to you" is codeword for, "I'm hiding out in Mexico till this blows over."

What do you do?
1) Call up Dr. Akagi and ask her, "What the hell are the Mk.II Dummy Plugs?"
2) Go back to sleep (FLASHBACK)
3) You may as well start loading your shotgun now.
4) Look out the window.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:30 am

Number 1, no sense going into this sitch half-cocked. Might want to break out the AA-12 anyway though, just in case.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:32 am

Number 2.

Old men need their sleep.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:38 pm

2, please.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Go back to sleep. Flashback means exposition! Well..maybe.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:35 am

You dream about the previous times Ikari has left you in charge.

The first time was pure hell, there is no other way for you to describe it.

The second time.
"Ikari, how could this have happened?" You ask him, while overlooking whichever magi Naoko killed herself on, you can't remember which, you're not a computer person. The motherboard, possibly. There were only three: Casper, Melchior, and Blitzen.
"This was . . . unexpected," Ikari remarks
"What could have caused her to do this?" you ask. You know enough how to pull up security footage.
"That is unnecessary, Rei's soul has been salvaged, and we are already decanting the next one," Ikari says, a very slight edge of pensiveness to his voice.
As you watch the footage of Rei innocently parroting the phrase "old hag", before Naoko completely lost her shit.
"Ikari, don't tell me you said all in front of her."
"I'm leaving this to you," Ikari says, before heading off to Akagi's office; the new one.

"Fuyutsuki, I'm leaving this to you." He tells you, before quickly exiting the hotel room. You think to yourself, alright hookers disappear all the time. I'll just roll her up in the rug and carry her out to ... your thoughts are interrupted by a loud knocking and an inexplicable irish brogue.
"Alright, laddy, open up. Dead hooker inspection."

"Fuyutsuki, I'm leaving this to you," he tells you, jamming a baggy of unidentifiable contents into your back pocket.
"Do you have anything you would like to declare," the Japanese customs agent informs you.

"Fuyustuki, I'm leaving this to you," he says, before leaving his office through a secret door. You grab a nearby coatrack and prepare to battle the grizzly bear about to smash down the doors into the Tomb.

You wake up from your dreams, slightly more tired than when you started. What do you do?
1) Call up Dr. Akagi and to ask, "What are the Mk.II Dummy Plugs?"
2) Call up the JSSDF garrison commander.
3) Call up Section 2 and make sure the Children are secure.
4) Get some breakfast/morning gin.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 am

Option 4. If shit's about to get real, I at least would like to die drunk. Or, at the very least, buzzed. A full stomach wouldn't be bad either.
Last edited by CorporalChaos on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 am

Number 3 damnit. Be a Misato instead of a Ritsuko. :P

Also, you're stealing Chee's thunder (kind of) but this looks hilarious and amusing anyway. So keep it up. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 am

Option 4.

Sleeping then eating.

What a slick motherfucker.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:20 am

Option 4, because Kozoman needs some chill.
Voluntary Illusion.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:36 am

Option 4. Can't be responsible on an empty stomach!

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:11 am

Number 3, if the excrement has hit the rotary atmosphere circulant again then you should at least have Eva support.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:13 pm

"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Whatever trouble there is, it can wait for you to have breakfast. You prepare yourself a light western meal: scrambled eggs, toast, gin. You figure you will need it. As you are eating, you keep your blinds closed, not letting whatever crap the outside has in store bother you till you're good and ready. You consider reading the newspaper, but think better of it.

Then your cellphone rings again. Of course. You haven't looked at the caller ID but something tells you, you know who it is.
"Fuyutsuki."
"Where are you Ikari?"
"Space," This no longer surprises you. He continues, "The Fourth Children has been located and requires pickup."
"You forgot about him, didn't you," There is silence on the other end. You sigh before asking, "Where is he?"
You hear a brief exchange in mandarin on the other end, before Gendo responds, "He is currently on an express train from Shin-Yokohama. He will arrive at 5:00am. It is imperative you be there to pick him up."
The line terminates abruptly. You look at the clock, it reads 4:30am. The train station is on the other side of the city. A thought occurs to you. "I don't have a car."
However, both Ritsuko and Inspector Kaji do, and they both live close to you. You walk outside and come to a stop when you notice the great fissure rupturing from the earth in the middle of the city, out of which, thousands upon thousands of mutant penguins with burning, matte green eyes are swarming in a formation reminiscient of a DNA chain. Yui always liked penguins, you think to yourself before you remember you're supposed to be more melodramatic. Hmm, an hourglass... signifying man has no time left... Can eva give us back our time, or will it cost us our last remaining grains of sand. It wasn't one of your best, but it's still early in the day. you walk back into the house and grab your shotgun, a Charles Daly 12-guage tactical shotgun (with pistol grip) you've named Yui. It had served you well in the no man's land of academic politics. Stuffing ammo into your pockets, loading Yui full of buckshot as you make your way to:
1) Kaji's House
2) Ritsuko's House

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:15 pm

^Epic lols. 1 please.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:26 pm

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:loading Yui full of buckshot
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

2, Ritsuko's House. She'll shit herself when Kozoman kicks the front door in, holding his shotgun in a ready/upright stance while checking the walkway behind him for penguins. "I need your car" he asks politely.
Voluntary Illusion.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Let's get Kaji along for this story, sure.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:23 am

Ritsuko's good with science and all, and she'd probably be able to tell me what's going on here, but the world's going to hell anyway, so how about some adventure.

Kaji's house, please.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:43 am

This looks like a job for the buffet of manliness. Kaji-san please. :asuka_happy:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:48 pm

You stealthily dart from cover to cover, or as stealthily as a sixty year old, metaphysical biologist can be, Yui leveled at the ready. Fortunately, you encounter only two mutant penguin dummy plugs on your journey. You quickly discover they have a weakness to being put full of holes from projectile weapons, but you do not let Japanese euphemisms for f**king distract you; you smell the distinct smell of late-twenties/early-thirties hipster. Agent Ryouji Kaji is near. You spot his Lotus Elan 1600, a car not a gun, though the two are easily confused, parked outside his gentrified slum of an apartment.
"Special Inspector Kaji, this is Vice Commander Fuyutsuki, quickly let me in, damnit," you order as you knock on the door. You hear a meep, far too adorable to be Ryouji Kaji; his meeps are only mildly amusing in a rambunctious-street-urchin-turned-secret-agent way, as well as a great deal of shuffling. Inspector Kaji opens the door just, and you hurry inside, slamming the door shut and locking it just in time to hear several penguin-sized thudds. His home smells of cheap cologne with an under-scent of gunpowder
"Vice Commander, what brings you here to my humble abode," Inspector Kaji tells you in that hammy way of his. It is a poor attempt at distracting you from a panic-stricken Lt. Ibuki, who seems to be wearing her crumpled shirt backwards. "Miss Ibuki and I were merely organizing a car pool, when the demonic mutant-penguins attacked."
"Please don't tell sempai, or fire us." Miss Ibuki blurted out. In reaction, Kaji throws up his hands in defeat. You were fairly certain Maya was a lesbian, but the the idea that Kaji was seducing Miss Ibuki for information is appealing to the fandom for some bizarre reason. Whatever the case, you think to yourself, if there is one man that could seduce a lesbian, it would be Gendo Ikari, maybe Kaji had picked up a few pointers back when he was following him around in that cardboard box he found.
"Dr. Akagi would laugh her ass off," you tell her. You turn to Kaji, "I need you to drive me to the train station now."
"What?" Kaji says, "There are mutant penguins everywhere!"
Remembering Kaji is one of the few decent human beings in the show, you tell him, "The Fourth Children will be here soon. Do you really want to leave him out there."
"Let me get my keys," Kaji says hurrying into the kitchen.
"Bring guns," you tell him. There are advantages to being the only sane man in the city. Turning back to Maya, you hand her your sidearm, a Ruger LCP .380 you named "Kyoko". Those were the days. "We'll need every hand we can get. What's wrong?"
"Vice-Commander, I've never used a gun on anyone before," she tells you.
"Lt. Ibuki, you'll definitely, probably, possibly, might not have to shoot at anyone. Only wave after wave of Dire Penguins," You explain in your best feigned-grandfatherly tone. "but if you do, let me tell you what I told the chair of the biology department back at Kyoto University, 'Don't give me that hippy bulls**t, Yoshi. It's either us or the English Department, and by Sokal's beard, those c**k suckers are going down!'"
"Okay, I'll do it," Maya says, wiping away the tears that formed at your inspirational speech about vicious, malthusian battles over campus finances.

Eighteen minutes later, after an intense highway battle that was cut due to budget restrictions. You arrive at the train station two minutes late. There area is absent of anyone, human, angel, or dire penguin.
"Where the hell is the fourth children," you ask in an unrealistic manner devoid of pronouns, meant to avoid giving away gender. You briefly wonder who you are asking this oddly worded question to; God, perhaps.
"I found a clue," Kaji says. He holsters his Beretta 92F, which he had named "Lotus", and kneels by the only sign of life, some tire tracks etched into the road. "These are fresh; they must have taken off in a hurry. They belong to a van."
Your eyes go wide. Maya covers her mouth in shock.
"Good God!" you utter, "It wasn't a white van, was it?"
"No, from the looks of it, it was mostly black." Kaji pauses dramatically, "Black, like the color of death." Everyone breaths a sigh of relief. You call up Section 2 and order them to track down every van in the city, especially the white ones. Just in case. "These tire marks go on for a while. We can probably track them down if we hurry."
"Excuse me, Vice Commander," Maya announces because the writer doesn't know the onomatopoeia for the throat-clearing noise people make to grab attention. You're very dissapointed in him. You're also disappointed in his run-on sentences, despite the fact that you don't speak english and that your understanding of english grammar is merely a translation convention of your understanding of Japanese Grammar. But you've broken the fourth wall enough today, you don't want it to become a habit. "Vice Commander, are you alright? You were zoning out for a little bit."
"Yes, Maya what is it?"
"I can hack into the station's security systems, if you want. I could access it manually from here," she says pointing to her laptop and electrician's toolset she had brought with her, "but it would be easier if you could help me break into the security room."
"We can still follow the tire tracks," Kaji adds, "but we will have to hurry, and I mean it this time."
You take several seconds to consider this, you spot Rei's apartment in the distance. A stray thought passes through your mind, I hope Rei knows not to come in today.
"!" Kaji and Maya jump, startled by the strange sound that resounded from you. "Maya, did Dr. Akagi remember to cancel Rei's tests for the day?"
You have your phone out and speed dialing Ritsuko, at seeing Maya instantly pale.

Do You:
1) Follow the tire tracks. (Go with Kaji)
2) Maya Hacks (Go with Maya)
3) Search for Rei. (Go with Ritsuko)
(Note: just as a headsup, your choice will also affect the course of the plot as well as who you go with. I'm not sure if that is obvious or not, as lack of sleep is making it hard to think clearly as I write this note.)
Last edited by Sun Stealer on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”