Rebuild is (not) your daily two-minute hate

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Rebuild is (not) your daily two-minute hate

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am

The state of this subforum has forced the admins to attempt to do something about making it the friendlier place that it was leading up to the days before 2.0 premiered in theatres. A few things first so that everyone's on the same page.

There's been some really good discussion in here and we don't want to stop that by having to keep moderating threads. In particular, the touchy subject about liking or disliking Rebuild or parts of Rebuild or the characters, etc. Discussion about that is fine, and like I've said, there's been some really good discussion about it. The problem is when people feel that their opinions are getting stepped on. If you have a thick skin, then great, but not everyone does, and some people hold these opinions strongly. Imagine what would happen (or you can go through the graveyard because it's happened before) if someone who really hated Eva as a whole joined the forums and every post they made was about how much they didn't like Eva. Things tend to get heated quickly. But since we're all Evangelion fans to some degree, let's try to keep from stepping on each others opinions by not using snarky, sarcastic, or uncivil behavior in general. Hopefully that'll also solve the problem of people playing bumber-cars or just talking past each other.

So to break it down:
1) The problem isn't the discussion on liking or not liking Rebuild, there's been some good, productive stuff and we want people to keep talking about it.
2) But because of the touchy nature of people's opinions, sometimes there just needs to be a bit more tact if people are going to discuss it
3) The discussion about liking or disliking Rebuild, parts of Rebuild, and/or its characters needs to STAY IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS. We need to stop derailing unrelated threads with this discussion.
4) This is a warning issued to everyone to respect other people's opinions and that snarky or sarcastic comments will no longer be tolerated from anyone. Warnings and bans will be issued accordingly if a mod or admin sees anymore snarky, sarcastic, or uncivil behavior from anyone in the Rebuild subforum.

I realize that "snarky, sarcastic, or uncivil" is a fuzzy line. It'll depend on the judgment call of the mods and admins (which is nothing new). Most people are staying clear of the line (on the safe side), which is good, but if you want to keep pushing that line, consider yourself warned.

And since the "Hate rebuild" thread has had a long cool down period, and it was the only thread that's a general like/dislike thread, it'll be unlocked.

We really hate to have to do something like this, but the complaints about this subforum really leaves us no other option. If there's any questions or clarifications needed, feel free to PM an mod or contact us in the IRC channel.
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:54 am

Just a reminder: It is in everybody's best interests to keep this thread in mind before you post in this subforum.

That means keeping things on-topic (and/or new creating threads or bumping old ones) and agreeing to disagree as needed.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 pm

For everyone who has been going

Yes, we got the message.

We have had to prune quite a few posts in the last couple of days, because people haven't been heeding the announcement above.

I mean, I'm about as much a Rebuild fan as I am an S/A shipper, but at least I've gotten over 2.x -- it would help all around if everyone else took a few deep breaths and unclenched a little lot.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:08 pm

We're still seeing bad and grouchy behavior despite the warnings. Terse and snarky posts that don't contribute to discussions won't be tolerated. Bickering won't be tolerated. (DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS! You become part of the problem!)

Snarkmaster Luc has just gotten three lumps of lignite coal as an early Xmas present, and there's plenty more where that came from. ;p If you've been naughty lately, and don't clean up your act immediately, you'll be getting lignite stuffed down your shorts, too. (I think it's a metaphor for temp-bans. Permanent bans would be, like, anthracite coal, but we're saving that for the SUPER-naughty ones.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Because of the continual background level of HATERS GONNA HATE that spills out of the "quality" thread, we have instituted a modification to the board that will permit us to make Rebuild-forum-only bans (our apologies to the user who managed to get caught up in early testing of this feature at the very end of last year).

If we see more eruptions like yesterday's (now graveyarded) one, then such lock-outs will be applied to those involved who haven't seemed able to let go and move on with their lives.

You have been warned.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Things have been decent for the most part, but because it needs repeating: READ THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

When you act as what's deemed as trollish behavior or reply to such behavior, you do become part of the problem. People should also know by now that there's a zero-tolerance policy with nasty behavior overall (for instance, throwing F-bombs towards other members). Zero tolerance also means don't be surprised if you find yourself banned from the Rebuild Subforum due to failure on your own end to shape up. Yes, this includes the "Debate Rebuild" thread, since it's a part of this subforum. After all, posting is a privilege, not a right.

This subforum is first and foremost designed for people to discuss their enjoyment of New Movie Edition. Different opinions are welcomed and encouraged, but common courtesy between all members goes a long way. If people want to enjoy debates or speculations, then we all have to do our part to maintain a welcoming and pleasant atmosphere.

If you have to, breathe deep and count to 10 before you post. Just remember you're in a subforum full of other people's opinions and speculations. There's nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree and (perhaps more importantly) moving on when it comes right down to it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:26 am

In the wake of the Q trailers/commercials I think it's time to gently remind everyone to keep things chill.

We already know that some people have had misgivings about the way that things have developed from the closing minutes of the first movie; it's not necessary when holding such opinions to continue to be a wet blanket (again, still) when other people are enjoying the new material.

As I said above, I'm about as much a Rebuild fan as I am an S/A shipper, but at least I've gotten over what's happened since the story went off the rails -- it would help all around if everyone else took a few deep breaths and unclenched a little lot.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”