How disgusting...

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

How disgusting...

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:59 pm

Unit-01 spirals off into space as the giant Rei harbinger of the third impact begins to decompose. Yui bids her son one final farewell.

And...We are treated to a bitter sequence depicting Shinji and Asuka, perhaps the only survivors of the human race stranded on a beach overlooking a sea of blood.
The end of End of Evangelion will live in infamy, and while we could talk all day about exactly what happened, I instead will beg the question,
if you had your way, after Yui's farewell, after third impact, what would have been your parting shot?

How would the very end of END be?
Bottom line, even if you liked the ending, I have a kind of love hate relationship with it myself, what would you change? What is your personal Third impact outcome?

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:13 pm

I have no real problems with the ending. When you really dissect it, it was very appropiate. I think I might have ended with random people lying around showing not everyone is dead which is a misconception. But then Shinji's scene with Asuka would have been disrupted. So you can't really challenge the end. It's one of those ending.....

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:23 pm

My final shot would have been a chorus of singing and dancing reis to the beat of "Kom Susser Tod" or "Thantos" just for a little upbeatness after all that mindfucking
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:39 pm

I would of have liked for Rei to come back to life as well. :(
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Olin of Xephon
Ramiel
Ramiel

Disclaimer!

•      
  •      

Postby Olin of Xephon » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:20 pm

I agree with you, Cain luppus, it is one of those endings that stick with you. And I really can't think of a better way to close the Eva saga.
When I said I have a love hate relationship with the ending I meant:

Love: End of the movies, mind shatteringly superb work, amazing climax,
beutiful imagery, disturbing imagery, Evangelion, with the budget it
deserved!

Hate: Nothing really, But you can't deny the desolute feeling the ending
gives you. Being a hard core science fiction fan for a long time, I'm
no stranger to tragic endings. And I acn think of few better but I
think Anno meant to leave the audence with a staggering sense of
loss.

And at that he succeeded in ways, Kubrick, Scott, and Asimov only dreamed of.

At anyrate, the point of this thread is not to belittle the ending, but to merely wonder what if?

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:50 pm

(I'm currently having some trouble with my personal computer, but I'll try to make my presence known on occasion in a pathetic attempt to seem useful. This is one such occasion. ^^;; )

Had I directorial power over the final scene of Evangelion, it's message would have been warped to fit my own desires, but I might have ended it with a monologue from Rei. As for the actual final line, I would have ended it on an uplifting, but desperate image.

Shinji would have looked around him in shock, at the world babtized in the blood of Lillith, and, after checking and finding Asuka to be awake, would have stood up... looked at Lillith's empty eyes... than back at Asuka's... and smiled. A sad smile of humility opposite of what we saw in the final episode of the series, as he picked Asuka off the ground and helped lead her off the beach.

He may have lost his mind; he may be glad to be alive; he may be unable to help her wounds; but he would be there with her, and could help her stand. That would be good enough.

Asuka Loves Toji
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Loves Toji » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:22 pm

mine woulda be of the two of them on the beach appearing as if they had been living there for a while, and Asuka finally snapping and killing Shinji, and then shows her setting up and grave and walking into the sea of LCL
comming soon so a siggy near you

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:14 pm

In my version, Shinji and Asuka would wake up, exchange glances and finally sit dow together and lean against each other...........

THEN SUDDENLY PEN-PEN JUMPS OUT FROM Rei'S/LILITH'S SPLIT HEAD AND USING HIS UBER PENGUIN CLAWS, FLAILs Shinji AND Asuka TO DEATH IN A FURRY OF PENGUIN SLAPS SCATTERING HEADS AND BODY PARTS ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Then, Pen-Pen peacefully pulls an unconcious and naked Misato from the LCL and sets up and campfire. He then throws the little itty bitty Shinji and Asuaka bits into the pan and sits down.

THE END!!!!!
^_^

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:24 pm

This is sort of off topic but, In some of the alternate ideas for how the EoE should end, there was also a scene of Shinji making graves for the people he knew. Remember the cross nailed to the tree? That was part of it.
Also an alternate ending I've heard of for the final scene, but have not been able to confirm, has Shinji lying down on the shore, holding an unkown individuals hand. The camera zooms out, it is discovered the hand isn't attached to anything, just a hand, and an arm. :shock:
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:39 pm

Maybe Maya's or that JSSDFs commanders hand?
^Clicky for Evamade!

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:41 pm

No, I don't believe those scenes were connected to it. I think it was intended to be Asuka's hand.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Asuka Loves Toji
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Loves Toji » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:32 pm

yeah those were the alternate endings

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:35 pm

Phaze wrote:No, I don't believe those scenes were connected to it. I think it was intended to be Asuka's hand.

okay................... wrong...
^Clicky for Evamade!

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:58 pm

I agree, a little too depressing. Its not like the original ending is depressing enough already.

(This is coming from some one who spent 30 minites curled into the fetal position on the couch after finishing EoE and barely slept that night and many other nights)

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:42 pm

I wasn't THAT bad but I was close at times. Those damn harpy beasts made me lose sleep *shudders*
^Clicky for Evamade!

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:40 pm

I love the EOE ending, but I would have added one thing.

I think we should have seen a tear fall down Asuka's cheek right before she said "how disgusting". I would have teared up even more if I saw that.
Last edited by houtaru on Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:14 pm

Asuka? Cry in front of Shinji? Yeah right she'd prolly kill herself if that happened.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:31 pm

She cried in her sleep in front of him. But, the fact that she'd never show weakness would show that she was in the process of changing herself.

Asuka Loves Toji
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Loves Toji » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:20 am

she hates him get over it

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:23 am

well..your name makes you seem to be a bit biased...lol
but her opening up would be really better...it seems as though she is simply the old Asuka...
also what the hell happened to her hand..i thougth it forearm had been split to the elbow in her eva...was it Shinji who chose to maker her the way she was?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”