Favorite crazy Evangelion theories

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

kuribo-04
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Favorite crazy Evangelion theories

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:05 am

∆ Finally that subject can be put to rest.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
"In any case, it (Kill la Kill) is the greatest work of fiction ever written and should be taught in schools." -Squigsquasher
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:15 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The correct English translation of kimochi warui is not “I feel sick” or “how disgusting” but rather “you gotta be fucking shitting me”.

Would definitely be my reaction in that situation
Why don't you save the Princess next time instead of being such a baby? She would love it and maybe you could get a sweet kiss. ~ sadly not Mari in Q (Joseki)

What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu

DarkBluePhoenix
Lilin
Lilin
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:59 pm

Chuckman wrote:The correct English translation of kimochi warui is not “I feel sick” or “how disgusting” but rather “you gotta be fucking shitting me”.

I like that, in context it kinda fits
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ghdust
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ghdust » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:38 pm

The members of SEELE are actually surviving members of the First Ancestral Race in disguise, and the HIP is just an attempt to bring the rest of their race back from the dead.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:22 am

@Ghdust: You haven't been lurking in the EGF Discord under another name by any chance, have you? :nyao: This sounds so much like a "tin foil hat conspiracy theory" I've been rambling about for fun over the past couple of days as to be unnerving.

Garl Vinland
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Garl Vinland » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:13 pm

I don't know if this one counts, but how about the "Do you love me" theory (here's a video explaining it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcXGgjyV4WA)

At first I was pretty skeptical, because it seems strange that Asuka/Shinji's relationship wouldn't experience some sort of easily identifiable change, but it would be awfully Evangelion for there to be little clear difference. Especially when you consider how inconsequential their kiss ultimately was, and how Gendo/Ritsuko's relationship progresses.

My headcanon/Fanwank is basically that the show was originally planned to be more explicit, but was shot down due to censorship issues, so Anno had to be a lot more vague in his presentation by dropping subtle clues. This also explains why we see Shinji/Asuka having intercourse in EOE, as EOE was bereft of a lot of those restrictions (Cue:" I'm so fucked up").

ChaddyManPrime
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 am

The conflict between adamite and lilin factions of the first race originally began because Adam life forms kept stepping on lilin life forms.

Are we allowed to use stuff that we were going to use for fanfiction?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

SawItAtAge10
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:28 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The correct English translation of kimochi warui is not “I feel sick” or “how disgusting” but rather “you gotta be fucking shitting me”.

Omg, wow! :rofl: :clap:
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”