[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 pm

This is a thread for posting links to trailers and other general news about upcoming films. I bet you couldn't tell from the title.

Here's one I've been anticipating for almost two years now:

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/07/first-teaser-for-tran-anh-hungs-norwegian-wood.php

I'm a big fan of Haruki Murakami, and I've liked what I've seen from Tran Anh-Hung so far, so I've been anticipating this one since it was announced back in 2008.

Also, exciting news about one of my favorite directors:

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/07/paul-thomas-anderson-riffing-on-scientology-with-the-master.php

It'll be interesting to see how this one plays out. Paul Thomas Anderson has a perfect track record (to me, at least), so I'm not worried about the quality of the film, though I'm wondering if Scientology will try and pull some fancy tricks on the production.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby planet news » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Yes. P. T. Anderson is indeed five for five. Every single movie he makes stuns me in one way or another. I can definitely seeing a satire on Hubbard as companionable to There Will Be Blood.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Will trailers for non-independent films be allowed in this thread?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:50 pm

No, no non-indy trailers allowed. The EvaGeeks Film Snob Council (EGFSC) has outlawed your trite, mainstream, "entertaining" affairs as morally decadent, intellectually dishonest and several other vaguely dismissive and elitist phrases. Harumph!
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Very good idea for this thread.

There are FAR TOO MANY threads of "This upcoming movie is kewl!" and then nothing.

As for P.T. Anderson to me HE'S the most interesting filmmaker working in American cinema to come along in the past 20 years. Tarantino is awesome, Wes Anderson is kitshcy cool, Christopher Nolan is ingenious (and has Batman to please the fanboys) and so many more (it'd be rather ridiculous on my part to try and squeeze EVERY filmmaker working in America into one paragraph) but for me, PTA has it all.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Of course non-Indie trailers will be allowed, Brik. :P

I agree with you completely on P.T., Gendo'sPapa. I actually read an article back around the time There Will Be Blood that listed lots of different prominent "indie" (Indiewood would be the more accurate term) directors and their strengths, and then noted that P.T.A. was the only one who was able to do it all. Of course, it was an opinion article, but one that I definitely agree with. Honestly, the only other filmmaker worldwide to emerge in the last 20 years who has a perfect track record to me is Bong Joon-Ho.

Speaking of Korean directors, here's a new trailer from the upcoming film by the highly underrated Kim Ji-Woon:

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/07/full-trailer-for-i-saw-the-devil.php

(I know, all three of my links thus far have been to Twitch, but it's my main stop for movie news)
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Gravity officially has me interested.

I liked Cuaron's direction in Children of Men and with all the acclaim this is getting making the festival rounds I'm starting to think this could be one of the better space films down the pipeline in a while.

I've read that the science is actually going to be pretty tight too. I guess in the trailer where they have all the noises and stuff, a lot of that will be silent in the actual movie, to play on the space/vacuum thing. Sounds really nerve-wracking - I'm into it.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Gravity is supposed to be a comedy, right? The trailer with Sandra Bullock spinning around looked pretty damn funny.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:47 pm

There's no such thing as good film that has Sandra Bullock in it.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:28 pm

I'm a fan of Cuaron so I'm really looking forward to Gravity. Just too bad about Sandra Bullock though...
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:59 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:There's no such thing as good film that has Sandra Bullock in it.
Demolition Man?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:36 am

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:Just too bad about Sandra Bullock though...

I'm actually quite fond of Bullock and I don't even know why.
Maybe because she just strikes me as a decent person.

Clooney on the other hand...

:facepalm:

Eh, I'm sure they'll both be fine, but yeah; not a fan of Clooney at all.
Warren Peace, #643919

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:32 am

Clooney is a lot easier to like when you realize he literally is the real life version of Bruce Wayne.

I mean god damn, the dude has a spy satellite. I want a spy satellite.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:35 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:There's no such thing as good film that has Sandra Bullock in it.

No love for Speed?
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:13 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Clooney is a lot easier to like when you realize he literally is the real life version of Bruce Wayne.

Pssh, Bruce is not even best Batman.
Dickie-Boy is.
Warren Peace, #643919

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:26 am

As far as Western films I'm really looking forward to Captain Phllipis, Her and the Old Boy remake. Also anxiously awaiting a Western release of Snowpiercer.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:47 am

View Original PostKazuki_Fuse wrote:Also anxiously awaiting a Western release of Snowpiercer.

This movie looks awesome, but those fat Weinstein fucks are cutting 20 minutes of character developing scenes out of it for the western release.

Twats.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:32 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:This movie looks awesome, but those fat Weinstein fucks are cutting 20 minutes of character developing scenes out of it for the western release.

Are you shitting me? God dammit.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:32 pm

[url]http://screenrant.com/snowpiercer-deleted-scenes-us-theatrical-cut-version/[/url]

"The goal, said TWC when explaining the request to Bong [Snowpiercer's director], is to make sure his film 'will be understood by audiences in Iowa… and Oklahoma.' Weinstein also asked for introductory and closing voice-overs to be added in."

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PrPn_0P1os[/url]

Fucking dictatorial dickless twats.

Return to “Film and Video”