Moments in Evangelion that made you angry

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:05 pm

Nothing ever made me angry. In terms of being irritated, just about any scene with Asuka applies. I liken her performance in episode #11 in paticular, as being the mental equivilent to someone squealing chalk across a blackboard.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

sachiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby sachiel » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:10 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Nothing ever made me angry. In terms of being irritated, just about any scene with Asuka applies. I liken her performance in episode #11 in paticular, as being the mental equivilent to someone squealing chalk across a blackboard.

I take it you're not an Asuka fan. :lol:

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:42 pm

Hiromakuta wrote:
The fact that Anno just to ensure that the viewer would have pity of Asuka, in EOE, he literally tortured her, just after she was prollific for finding that her "mother" was in Unit 02.

I, myself, did not pity Asuka. I didn't really get what to pity her for. Teh fact that her mother died? Yah, I felt sorry, but I didnt necesarialy pity her.

Nothing really made me mad in EoE, except maybe just a little Gendo's comment about his retribution to Shinji. At first, I was too shocked to be angry, and then I veiwed it again and though, "Your too late,THE WORLD ALREADY ENDED!"

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:03 pm

Shnooks wrote:I, myself, did not pity Asuka. I didn't really get what to pity her for.

Having lost the thing she defined herself by, piloting Eva; to have it briefly restored to her along with her mother's love, which she had been seeking essentially all her life, and then snatched away again.

It's part of the complicated relationship I have with her.

OMF, on the other hand, has declared himself not an Asuka fan - though, surprisingly, we agree about the ludicrous nature of S/A.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:18 am

1. jet alone, but not the whole episode. just the damn robot's design.

2. the White Squiggly Lines of Deathâ„¢ from episodes 16 and 20. need i say more?

3. how after the lance of longinus shot through arael at such a huge f*cking velocity, it was shown a minute later just kinda floating there (and SPINNING!!) in space... and somehow ended up sticking into the moon's surface just in time for 'end'!

4. the sheer number of times in which 'spending time in preparation' is played throughout the series.
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:27 am

I'm with OMF. Asuka could be muthafuggin irritating sometimes.

Hmm, what pissed me off? I dunno about "pissed off" -- NGE tends to elicit mixed emotions.

- Asuka being a whiny bitch.
- Rei being a cold wench or an apathetic dullard (someone with the soul of an alien should be more interesting :P )
- Kyoko-sama's fate, hands down (definite mixture of emotions there; I'd taken EVA-02 for granted up to that point, and it was a real shock)
- EVA-01 with hair :shiver:
- Asuka bitching at Shinji in #22 after they started to have an actually tender conversation.
- EVA-01's totally deformed head in #02
- The #19-#20 interim. LAAAAME!!!
- Lilith becoming Giant Naked Rei
- EVA-00 turning into a Giant Naked Rei
- Reiquarium images being so goddammed obscured, and then removed from Renewal altogether. teh lam0rz!
- Continuity errors in EoE

Hmm, I'm detecting a trend here. I'd better stop. ^_^
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:41 pm

WHEN KAWORU GOT HIS HEAD POPPED OFF BY Shinji GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Love always
Yuko-chan

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:16 pm

Asuka being killed.....

Something happened when she was killing the eva series tho, i was just as mad as she was.....

The end of the world despite her efforts

The death of the dream
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:22 pm

The things in Neon Genesis Evangelion that got me angry...
Hmm... Let's see....
For one, the reminisce of Shinji's father abandoning him. Whenever I think of Shinji's dozhah, my hands start to shake, and I am unable to stop it.

Another one was the killing of Sohruyuu in the near end of Rebirth [Air], I hated SEELE, literally because of it.

Another, was the hearing of the voices during Instrumentality, when they told me they hated me...

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:38 pm

Misato coming on to Shinji. Every time I say to my self " Wrong kind of love ".

Seeing young Shinji crying after Yui is taken into unit one. I say to myself " Gendo your wife would want to holding that kid. "

THe kissing scene between Shinji and Asuka. So much could have changed only if.

Hearing Rei long for gendo to be done with her so she can become nothing.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:39 pm

I thought Shinji was a cool cat before he popped off kaworu's head
Also when Shinji took a bath with Kaworu and didn't appreciate it
Also when Shinji was sleeping in the same room as kaworu GRRRRRRRRRRR onl I the mighty Yuko Ayanami have the power to do that and none of you forget that!!!!

Love always
Yuko-chan

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:00 pm

the destruction of Eva-03 and Shinji in EoE part one
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

ana001d
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ana001d » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:36 am

When Shinji crush Kaoru I wanted to cry. I was angry against Fate. If fate would have been in front of me I would have beat the hell ouf of him.

Bardiel vs Unit-01 and the whole Dummy-Plug thing.
Last edited by ana001d on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:32 am

I don't think any scene made me pissed.

Wait... What about that one with that guy who's completely useless to the world around him and he hides away slowly growing anger towards himself till one day he finally blows his head off?

Wait wait... That wasn't Evangelion... That was my life... *shrugs*

In all seriousness, I really don't think I was pissed while watching any scene in Evangelion. A couple times I went wacky and attempted to harm people around me while watching Evangelion... But that was a combination of severe depression, anger and well... Evangelion isn't always the best thing to make you feel good and happy about life.

Only scene that I can think of that sort of made me feel angry was when Shinji got some guts and said something along the lines of "Battle is a Man's job." It was just eck... Nice job becoming arrogant you little school boy bitch.

Believe me, I'm not angry at all right now ^_^ So don't worry about me ^_^ Not that I expect anyone on here to do.

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:58 am

Eternal Yamcha wrote:Only scene that I can think of that sort of made me feel angry was when Shinji got some guts and said something along the lines of "Battle is a Man's job." It was just eck... Nice job becoming arrogant you little school boy bitch.

I actually liked that moment, simply because he was getting back at Asuka and rubbing it in her face saying to Misato: "Didn't you say I was Number 1?"

Anyway, another moment I really hated was when Ritsuko destroyed the Dummy Plug and all those beautiful Reis. :cry:

Also in episode 24, when Gendo asks her why she destroyed the Dummy Plug, she said that she wasn't happy anymore. That's your excuss? She should have simply said that she hated Rei and that would be that.

The main thing I hated was nearly everything in episode 19, A Man's Fight. There were just so many things I hated in that episode:

Gendo calling his son a "petulant child" before increasing the LCL pressure.

Rei, Gendo and Kensuke saying to Shinji he was running away. The reason I say this was, when I first saw Evangelion on TV, I was so angry with what they said. At that time, I thought Shinji had made the right choice. I mean, if your father starts up the Dummy Plug and rips out the Angel/Eva from limb to limb, and you found out that your best friend was inside of it, whom you nearly killed with your bare hands, I would have left in an instant. You may disagree with me by saying that he was backing away from the Eva which is the source to the survival of the human race. But Shinji didn't know what would have happened when an Angel made contact with Lilith and Third Impact, until Kaji said it to him.

Slightly off topic here but I have a question I would like to know: why are some people angry with Shinji in EoE ep. 25?
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

Oryval
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Oryval » Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:40 am

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:Anyway, another moment I really hated was when Ritsuko destroyed the Dummy Plug and all those beautiful Reis. :cry:

And the way they giggled like mad when they were dissolved nearly made me want to puke, disgusting. I wanted to break Ritsuko's neck, but at the same time I pitied her, merely a pawn in Gendo's chess game.

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:Rei, Gendo and Kensuke saying to Shinji he was running away. The reason I say this was, when I first saw Evangelion on TV, I was so angry with what they said. At that time, I thought Shinji had made the right choice. I mean, if your father starts up the Dummy Plug and rips out the Angel/Eva from limb to limb, and you found out that your best friend was inside of it, whom you nearly killed with your bare hands, I would have left in an instant. You may disagree with me by saying that he was backing away from the Eva which is the source to the survival of the human race. But Shinji didn't know what would have happened when an Angel made contact with Lilith and Third Impact, until Kaji said it to him.

It's exactly my opinion, if I was Shinji, the way they treated me I would have left them a long time ago.
Gendo, Rei, Kensuke or anybody, had no rights to tell him that he was running away, running away from what? He was not a pilot in the first place like Rei or Asuka, it's not his responsibility to defend the mankind, above all when mankind didn't do a thing for him apart torment him. He was actually rather nice to pilot in the first place, he didn't run away, they made him run away.

I don't know that if I was Shinji if I would have rejected Instrumentality.

If someday, a man in a black suit knocked at my door and asked me to pilot a giant robot to defend the mankind (we never know, it could happen) against an equal-sized threat, the least I would expect is respect and a very large paycheck. [Afterthought] And a car, a bike, a house, the right to drink bear, smoke, a lot of girls, being discharged of school... and then it would be cool to be a pilot.

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:Slightly off topic here but I have a question I would like to know: why are some people angry with Shinji in EoE ep. 25?

Because he jerked himself off in front of the comatose body of Asuka?

Something else, the whole fate of Ayanami Rei is so unfair. Her whole life planned by Gendo, conditioned and without a sense of self-worth etc... you know the details, she didn't deserve that. [anger directed toward Gendo consequently.]

Episode 22 : When Asuka berate Shinji because they were actually finally a genuine conversation (Family, sensitive subject). What a bitch.

When Misato forced Shinji to pilot Unit-01 in EOE, I understand her motives, but still... Shinji should have found a better hideaway. I wanted to cry to her "Leave him alone, already." He had lost everything and was totally broken and she once again wanted him to take a ride in the machine that made his life a living hell.

Battle against Armisael, Rei, what have you done to her. Poor, poor Rei. I would have like to see Unit-01 rip the Angel to shred and swallow him like a Spaghetti, he made it one, why not twice.

Against Zebra-ball Angel : "The pilot's life is irrevelant".
Thanks Misato for the Slap, she deserved it.

There are other occurence, maybe I will complete the post later.

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:13 am

Oryval wrote:Because he jerked himself off in front of the comatose body of Asuka?

I can't really blame him. He was already emotionally and physically unstable and broken at that point. He was looking for any kind of comfort he can find. I think he had run out of ideas, by this point.
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:28 am

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:Slightly off topic here but I have a question I would like to know: why are some people angry with Shinji in EoE ep. 25?

Because he is the only one who can do something to help save the situation, and he funks it; being too busy with his self-loathing to even consider an approach of going off to die heroically in action "...and then you'll all be sorry you weren't nicer to me before!"

As it was, it would probably have been better if Misato hadn't bothered with her self-sacrificing action.

Oryval wrote:Episode 22 : When Asuka berate Shinji because they were actually finally a genuine conversation (Family, sensitive subject). What a bitch.

Taking Asuka's side here - Shinji had repeatedly failed her when she had tried to open up to him before (eps 9,15), been ungracious in surpassing her as a pilot (ep 16,19); even without all the other baggage of background and class that divided them, is it surprising that she would be angered at exposing another vulnerability?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:31 am

Seeing as this thread is alive again let me restate somthing

I hate Gendo for abandoning Shinji.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Oryval
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Oryval » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:50 am

Mr. Tines wrote:

Because he is the only one who can do something to help save the situation, and he funks it; being too busy with his self-loathing to even consider an approach of going off to die heroically in action "...and then you'll all be sorry you weren't nicer to me before!"

As it was, it would probably have been better if Misato hadn't bothered with her self-sacrificing action.

Oryval wrote:Episode 22 : When Asuka berate Shinji because they were actually finally a genuine conversation (Family, sensitive subject). What a bitch.

Taking Asuka's side here - Shinji had repeatedly failed her when she had tried to open up to him before (eps 9,15), been ungracious in surpassing her as a pilot (ep 16,19); even without all the other baggage of background and class that divided them, is it surprising that she would be angered at exposing another vulnerability?

been ungracious in surpassing her as a pilot --> I don't understand very well, you want to say that he should have tried to lower his score in order not to beat her?

Shinji had repeatedly failed her when she had tried to open up to him before (eps 9,15) She didn't particullary try to open up in episode 09, she was always trying to pick up an argument and it's hard to speak to someone who make you clearly understand that you are an underhuman. In episode 15 I would call her try to open-up a tentative to suffocation, according to episode 21 she waited for Shinji to respond to her advance, but we all know that Shinji is rather shy and not very talented when it come to social matters (understatement of the year), even more when it comes to Asuka.

In the end they are both very different, fucked up persons, it's not very surprising that they didn't communicate with each other very well.

But I persist to say that it's mainly Asuka's fault, she never really tried to befriend Shinji [on the contrary, she rebuff him], whereas Shinji wouldn't have minded to be friend with Asuka, and would have even been glad. She in the same time always rebuff him and sometimes drop him hints once in a blue moon and waits for him to take the first step, very contradictory.

I'm very interested in exchanging opinions in that matter.

===============

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:
Oryval wrote:Because he jerked himself off in front of the comatose body of Asuka?

I can't really blame him. He was already emotionally and physically unstable and broken at that point. He was looking for any kind of comfort he can find. I think he had run out of ideas, by this point.

Run out of ideas, it would have made me laugh if it wasn't true.

Mr. Tines wrote:

Pinpoint to an earlier post I have made :
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=36212#36212

I don't think we can't hold against him his actions in EOE. Anyone would have made the same or worse with all the shit that happened to him. Another thing Misato is supposed to be his guardian, she should have help him instead of make whatever she had made between the 24th episode and EOE. And even before she never was a brilliant guardian with both her charge.

Shinji was pretty nice already to stop Instrumentality, I wouldn't have done it.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”