Collaborative Fanfic idea (possible RPG): shipping wars

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Collaborative Fanfic idea (possible RPG): shipping wars

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Here is my idea for a satire: Shinji is struck unconscious and winds up in a world with ships of wood and men of iron, where great fleets battle over shipping. The Asuka Shippers and Rei Shippers battle in an endless war on the high seas, while the Three Ships Alliance of Misato, Hikari, and Maya Shippers barely manages to hang on, and from the shadows, the treacherous Kaworu shippers plot, waiting for the moment to strike. Shinji Ikari's presence upsets the balance in this world and now there is a mad scramble to seize Shinji and ship him with their chosen character. There will be plenty of xanatos pileups, pirate lords, and parlaying. Now come up with ye character/self-caracature and yer side, now and say "Arrrh!" like I be doing right now even if there be other people home at the moment. Should we get a neutral arbiter to function as a GM-of-sorts or should we have some sort of consensus democracy? We will also need somebody to play Shinji. Remember this is a comedic metafiction, so be lighthearted and don't be afraid to make fun of yourselves, and don't go so damn serious, Shinji and whoever you think he should be with are fictional characters and nothing you do can affect that.

My character:
Haarlock the Vindictive- The Captain of the RSS Rishathra with a past as tragic as it is trivial. Once a noble and devout follower of the Tao of the Narrative and who avoided shipping completely, but was driven mad by his brother who just couldn't shut the hell up about S/A. It was impossible to remain neutral in the face of such badgering. Also the fanfiction scene was starting to become a monolithic field of S/A that often warped Asuka into a giggling schoolgirl.
Last edited by Sun Stealer on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Wordfilter strikes again. Please disregard this post. ._.
Last edited by Lucretius on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Re: Collaborative Fanfic idea (possible RPG): shipping wars

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:13 pm

View Original PostSun Stealer wrote:My character:
Haarlock the Vindictive- The Captain of the RSS Rishathra with a past as tragic as it is trivial. Once a noble and devout follower of the Tao of the Narrative and who avoided shipping completely, but was driven mad by his brother who just couldn't shut the hell up about S/A. It was impossible to remain neutral in the face of such badgering. No, I'm not bitter.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:24 pm

View Original PostLucretius wrote:Ban my sorry ass.

Okay, clearly the actual shipping wars is being taken too seriously. If it'll cause that much of a s**tstorm, then perhaps we should delete the thread, or lock it, or consign it to the graveyard, or whatever the mods do with threads like this. I thought people could take a break from the serious business that is cartoon matchmaking to make fun of how people take it as such serious business.

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:

I was going for obviously, over-the-top bitter. Too dry?

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:25 pm

I didn't say 'ban my sorry ass;' that was wordfilter's take on 'in b 4* lock.'

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 pm

Hmmm if this doesn't get locked maybe I'll make some crazy shit for this just cuz I can :rei_hissyfit:
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 pm

In that case, who do you think would have made a good GM? Someone, completely neutral.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:33 pm

No matter who's running it, I don't think this would really end well. It seems like it'd just be a concentrated, extra-sarcastic form of the annoying bullshit arguments that already show up in every other thread on this forum.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:No matter who's running it, I don't think this would really end well. It seems like it'd just be a concentrated, extra-sarcastic form of the annoying bullshit arguments that already show up in every other thread on this forum.

I was hoping people would make fun of themselves more often than not, any arguments would either be in the form of swashbuckling or hilariously awful propaganda:

"X are all amoral psychopaths out to steal your precious bodily fluids. You need a real woman like Y."

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 pm

That example sounds pretty much like most serious EGF threads.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:37 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:It seems like it'd just be a concentrated, extra-sarcastic form of the annoying bullshit arguments that already show up in every other thread on this forum.

:rolleyes:
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:40 pm

So, I'm starting to get the idea that actual shipping is done without a hint of irony. Should I just delete this thread? I just noticed the delete button.

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:That example sounds pretty much like most serious EGF threads.

I laughed till I hurt at that. It is sad because it is true, but that is why I laughed so hard as well.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:58 pm

In that case, who do you think would have made a good GM? Someone, completely neutral.

I'm completely neutral :chainsaw: :sperm:

[URL=http://img81.imageshack.us/i/tena.jpg/]Image[/URL]

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Sun Stealer
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sun Stealer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:21 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:I'm completely neutral :chainsaw: :sperm:

[URL=http://img81.imageshack.us/i/tena.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Is this a trap?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Is this a trap?

Don't listen to admiral ackbar , no traps here (hides mariya)

But yeah I dont really care about shipping, unless I'm ordering something ....then I care a lot.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 am

Ask Sachi for help. He takes both the red pill AND the blue pill.

Also, this idea would work better in a fic format instead of an RP, I think.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Fanfiction”