General Discussion?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

General Discussion?

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:42 pm

Hey wouldn't it be nice if we had and off topic\general discussion forum?
What doya think Monkey?
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:44 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:"The how and why, monkey style"

Off Topic Forum/Discussion

This is another thing which I have decided against. This is a site dedicated to the promotion of Evangelion and closely related topics. I intend for this forum to excel at Eva discussion. This is not a community, this is a forum. I want to create a place of strong discussion, and keeping people on track and on topic will aid in that. Community aspects are something I am not against, but have no intention of incorporating or nurturing. I also have to consider the eventuality of a large forum database, and the fewer topics not pertaining to Eva there are, the more efficient and viable this place will be as a place of discussion.

I hope I don't sound like an asshole concerning this, this is the first time I have seriously administered a forum, so this is largely experimental. And in time I may accomadate people's wishes for more off topic stuff. But for now, I would like to stick to the reason you're all here... Eva.

max3000
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby max3000 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:45 pm

Hrrm.. *cough*..

Ouch... oh well, never mind then...
Last edited by max3000 on Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Somnius Kenate
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Somnius Kenate » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:50 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like a Narc. He already give the answer, even though I think a general discussion page would be cool. It is mostly intelligent people on this forum, so I think it wouldn't get too out of control.

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 pm

If ya wanna chit-caht I say we start up a chat room!
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:07 pm

If that were to happen, chances are, I wouldn't be able to participate. Nothing on this accursed machine works. :roll:
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:13 pm

I'm working on offering a sister forum as a place for off-topic discussion, mind you this would be an entirely separate board.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:04 pm

I think having an off topic board would be cool but such things can be a double edged swrod. Byt that I mean their are a lot of smart people on these bards that can talk maturly about things general discussion broards tend to attract people that talks for long hours about nothing.

One of the reasons i post here so often as upposed to animay nation is this boards smaller and filled with more mature intellagen people. I say do it for a mounth and if it works well keep it. However if it draws in the spam drving l33t speaking brain rotting type crowd then bury it deep and salt the earth.

PS Monkey you avatar looks scary :lol: who is that guy some crimainal or something? :roll:
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:55 pm

I woudln't like to see discussions like "libtard vs. conass" here. That seems to be the cliche for off topic discussion at this moment.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:33 pm

There are many forums about nothing in the realm of this keyboard and phoneline prison; why GOD do we need another one?

Everyone, just use the same name in every forum you go to. It's not like moving to another country where you can't be found.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:23 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:Everyone, just use the same name in every forum you go to. It's not like moving to another country where you can't be found.

exactly, its so much easier that way. Heck , belong to 4 and my name is the same for all of them
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:26 pm

Three here with this handle .

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:28 pm

Yeah, I like the community here, (though I remember The Monkey saying this isn't for community :cry: ). Also this is a smaller board, without a lot of retards, *cough*me*cough*.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:44 am

We need a general discussion place. Talking about Evangelion is not going to last forever.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:15 pm

But, when Eva discussion dies, what's the point of being in an Eva forum?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:37 pm

Let me make myself clear I like the people on this board. I like talking with you folks, and I like to get your opnions on thinngs not Eva in nature. I however I've seen forums that get to big and they loss their firendly nature. N00bs make mistakes they get driven away rather then helped to " get it" . People get down right rude over time because they forget that other people have a right to post on " their " boards too.

Please before you write me off or say you'd never do that, please answer a question or two for me. Do you remember " DarkfireStar"? How many of you tried to talk to the guy make friends so he might listen when you told him to calm down ? I did

These problems happen when forums get big and old and people stop being friendly. I' d rather not have that happen here, but like dear old Anno once said " To live is to embrace change. " and im all for the monkey giving this shot. The thing is for it two work WE have to watch our selves, and not for get were are here to talk to people.

Ok their thats my full opnion.

Im going to go back to being the class clown / want-to-be scholar now.

>sits in the corner and start picking his nose <

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Sventevith » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:18 pm

Oh, roleplaying ;)

>Sits in the other corner, looking at DatDude. Shee, that guy talks too much....<

On the other hand, I'm a "newbie" on these forums (signed up yesterday, so... well, more than a newbie to be perfectly honest ;)) and I personaly would like to learn to know you guys (any girls here?) on another social non-NGE part too... If you did create a general boards that has totaly nothing to do with this board, I don't believe it would ruin anything at all, and I know that from personal experience, I'm like a Forum-Otaku - My record was 130 forums at the same time for a few years ago, now I'm down at... uhm, 20 or something... Most of them oriented in some special area, like this one... Still, there's a lot of topics on the subjects of which the forum/site stands for and a little general too, and that's just for the social part... comunication, to understand eachother... Sorry for rambling... Damn, I say too much too ;)

>Goes back to quiet mr. Shy-guy in the other corner, reading his mangapockets<
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:38 pm

130 forums... good god, I have trouble keeping up with one. Anyway, I don't see how an off topic forum could hurt, whats the worst that could happen?
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:41 pm

I think that having a 'test forum' up for a time could be quite a good idea, just to see how it would work with an off-topic forum here at these boards.
Asuka > Rei

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:55 pm

Dave wrote:130 forums... good god, I have trouble keeping up with one. Anyway, I don't see how an off topic forum could hurt, whats the worst that could happen?

It would give the moderators more to keep an eye on, for one thing.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”