[CYOA]Kaji & Asuka

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

[CYOA]Kaji & Asuka

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:22 am

Ryoji Kaji holds a cigarette near his lips, his other hand in his pocket. Unshaven, his shirt wrinkled and half untucked, he stands stone faced, watching the helicopter land. Soon she steps off, clutching her hair to the back of her head and hunched over from the propeller wind. Misato...

He recognizes Commander Ikari's son Shinji close behind her from photos; the other two, a tall boy in a dark tracksuit and baseball cap and a shorter boy with a camera, glasses, and longer hair follow behind them. The hat is blown free by the wind and the boys go charging after it followed reluctantly by Katsuragi, who does not appear to notice him or his outstretched hand. Are they working you so hard? You don't look hungover... perhaps young Ikari is as rough on you as Asuka was.

--

Asuka Soryu stands on the flight deck, watching the landing from afar. The Third Child was about to step off and in addition to wanting a nice spot to get a look, she found the wind blew against her and her yellow sundress in the most flattering manner from this angle. Besides, Kaji wanted to meet them up close, and his rebuff of her advances the other night had been unusually harsh so she was punishing him by keeping a distance. "You're only a child" he said to her of all people; clearly he hadn't been around any real children for a very long time.

"Wait... three of them?" Asuka raises an eyebrow at the gaggle of idiots that come rushing towards her; one in a ridiculous outfit, another with a ridiculous haircut, and another so nondescript that he's practically invisible. The jumpsuit is crying out for his hat to be saved and only then does she see it come to rest against her foot. The boys stop in their tracks, eyes following her leg all the way up to her face, getting an eye full. Asuka isn't sure if she'd rather smirk or scowl, so she does a little of both.

--

1. Kaji sees that they are approaching Asuka. He
a. returns to his quarters for the time being
b. follows Misato and the boys
c. goes to talk with the ship's captain about hooking up Eva-02's emergency power supply

2. Asuka feels the wind changing direction, sure to blow the hat out to sea. She
a. steps on it
b. bends over and picks it up
c. lets it blow where it may
Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my AMVs: Kaji/Misato in "18 Apostolos" & Kaworu and the Harpies in "The Beast That Shouted 'I' at the Heart of the World" w/ music by Esselfortium!!
Shinji embraces the otaku empowerment fantasy and dives headfirst into his mother's basement. -Chrad
Acts of man are better than acts of god. -Misato

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: Kaji and Asuka CYOA

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:18 am

It's like two CYOAs for the price of one!
View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:1. Kaji sees that they are approaching Asuka. He
b. follows Misato and the boys

2. Asuka feels the wind changing direction, sure to blow the hat out to sea. She
a. steps on it
- Sachi

I host the unofficial EGF discord server. Join us! https://discord.gg/WqS7wRW
I also host another server dedicated to Star Wars: https://discord.gg/wWYPwjb

D. Tuck
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby D. Tuck » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 pm

This could get interesting. B to both. :)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Yay, you're doing this after all! :boingy:

Hmm...Kaji: C and Asuka: B. (Though it's okay if you change Kaji's to B if you find yourself deadlocked.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:22 pm

I think I'd like to see Kaji C and Asuka B!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:12 pm

You people! We don't want nice Asuka doing favors by picking things up! We want Asuka's panties! Remember how her panties were flashed in the series?? By her stepping on the hat! PICK A!
- Sachi

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Just as Asuka bends over to pick up the hat, a gust of wind whooshes down the slight opening that has appeared at the bust of her dress. This allows all a full view of her chest, which almost pops out altogether.

"Eh?!!!" She covers herself with one arm while holding the hat with the other, a nervous blush on her face. Looking at the boys in anger, she grits her teeth and steps forward to hand over the hat, prepared to smack all three for ogling her like that and not even looking away or apologizing. Pulling back her hand at full force ready to hit the jumpsuit, she notices Kaji approaching. Did... Did Kaji see, too?! o//o

"Oi, 'Sato-chan." Kaji smiles friendly, attempting to overcome the awkwardness of their reunion. Unfortunately, he's managed to completely surprise her apparently because she turns and all but slaps him, her arm frozen outstretched behind her identical to Asuka's. He watches both of them lower their arms and look down slightly, veins popping on their foreheads. Still so alike. No wonder they never really got along.

"And you must be Shinji Ikari." He turns to the boy in the buttoned white shirt and holds out his hand, introducing himself. "Ryoji Kaji."

"H-hello Kaji-san." Shinji says, politely shaking and nervously smiling with none of the Commander's demeanor. "...How do you know my name?"

THAT'S HIM?! Asuka stares in disbelief that Mr. Invisible is the Mr. Invincible she's heard so much about. But he... sounds and looks so weak and boring! Not that she would be any happier if the jumpsuit or the tripod had turned out to be the pilot, but he could have at least sounded the part.

"The Third Child, who piloted Eva successfully with no training and has already destroyed three Angels, two of them alone. You're quite famous..." He smirks and thinks to himself that since there's no way of overcoming the awkwardness amongst them all now, he might as well plow through it, "... and lucky. I hear that you're living with Katsuragi. Tell me, does she still toss and turn in bed?" Everyone recoils wide-eyed except for Shinji.

"What was that?!" Misato barks out, ten shades of red before turning to Asuka, "That jerk hasn't changed at all, has he! We should work out a different living arrangement for you."

Asuka only smiles and beams at him, putting thoughts of the Third and his accomplishments out of her mind. "Oh, he's as dynamic and interesting as ever, Misato. Have a little fun! Of course I'd rather live with Kaji-san than not."

Suddenly an alarm rings out across the fleet, with announcements to head to battle stations. An Angel is approaching underwater and already one ship can be seen pulverized at the far end of the fleet.

--

1. Kaji will
a. head to the bridge with Misato
b. flee with Adam's embryo

2. Asuka will
a. dash off to prove herself in the Eva alone
b. attempt to bring Third along for the ride

3. Eva-02 has
a. two prog daggers and extendable knee blades & foot spikes
b. one prog knife and shoulder pylon spikes
Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
Check out my AMVs: Kaji/Misato in "18 Apostolos" & Kaworu and the Harpies in "The Beast That Shouted 'I' at the Heart of the World" w/ music by Esselfortium!!
Shinji embraces the otaku empowerment fantasy and dives headfirst into his mother's basement. -Chrad

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:09 am

Kaji: A!

Asuka: B! (Of course.... :3 )

Eva-02: A!

I'm loving this thread so far and the prose, it's fun.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:34 am

Kaji A, Asuka B and Eva-2 A!

thewayneiac
Committeeman
Committeeman

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:44 am

1. B - We can't have this end already. Kaji flees in the series for a good reason.

2. B

3. A
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:29 am

A's across the board. :devil:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

D. Tuck
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby D. Tuck » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 pm

A B A.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:12 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:1. Kaji will head to the bridge with Misato
2. Asuka will dash off to prove herself in the Eva alone
3. Eva-02 has one prog knife and shoulder pylon spikes

I DEMANDZ IT.
- Sachi

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:35 am

Asuka immediately turns to Mr. Invisible. "You're coming with me." She grabs his hand and darts off towards her Eva-02, which lies under a tarp on the deck of this carrier. The boy is shocked and scared, but follows with little resistance.

"Wait!" Misato cries out. "What the hell or you taking Shinji for?!?!" However, Asuka ignores her protests and presses forward.

"We'll just have to talk to her later..." Kaji says as he leads Misato and both boys to the bridge.

Asuka ejects the entry plug, hops in, and tosses a wrapped plugsuit out to Ikari. "Get dressed! We have to hurry." Quickly, she throws off her clothes and slips into the suit. "What's taking you so long?!" She says as she pokes her head out to yell at him.

"H-hey! No peeking!" He shouts meekly as he pulls the plugsuit up from his knees, naked with his back to her.

Blushing madly, she turns away while hiding back in the plug. "Just... get in here already! We don't have time!"

As soon as he's in she floods the chamber and sets the interface language to Japanese. Upon activation she is hailed by the bridge.

"Asuka!" Misato rapidly informs her of the situation. "The fleet is buying as much time as they can to occupy the enemy, but it appears to be dead set on hitting this ship. You only have the B-Type equipment, you won't be able to work underwater! The power supply cable isn't online yet, I'm sorry!"

"Hah!" Asuka scoffs, looking at her battery life. "One minute and time to spare. Watch and learn the benefits of rigorous training, Third." Synced with Eva-02, she rises and throws the tarp to the wind before pulling both prog daggers from her shoulder pylons.

As if on cue, the beast leaps out of the sea over two battleships that were positioned to shield the carrier. Its shark/ray-like body casts them both in a shadow that is immediately lit up by their artillery fire. Shelling and missiles from the other surrounding vessels impact as it opens its mouth and roars in defiance before diving back into the sea, heading ever closer.

"A mouth? Teeth?!" Asuka is almost as shocked at her own surprise as she is about the Angel's appearance. Shit. She penetrates deep into the hull of the ship with a heel spike under each foot, bracing herself for impact.

"That red at the back of its mouth... could that have been the core?" Shinji suggested. "!! what was that under our feet?"

"This is the world's first true Evangelion, created for actual combat purposes." She boasts as the Angel flops onto the boat, almost capsizing it and eliciting shrieks from everyone. It opens its mouth slightly as it continues swimming against them, intent on capsizing the now 30 degrees tilted carrier and destroying the Eva with its several rows of teeth.

"It is the core! We have to go in and destroy it." Ikari says matter-of-factly, sounding unafraid and determined.

Though he's finally talking the talk and sparking her admiration, all he's managing to do is piss her off. "Don't tell me what to do!!" She yells definitively as if it were a war cry, ejecting the heel spikes and leaping down into the gaping maw of the Angel past its teeth and plunging her twin daggers into its core. The Angel flails wildly in response to this, closing and opening it's mouth, bathing them in darkness as water floods in. Keeping her daggers embedded, she releases her knee blades and thrusts them into the core using all the force and momentum she can. Using all four of these as wedges and leveraging them against eachother she completely fractures the large core.

--

Asuka!! Kaji shouts in his mind as she disappears into the Angel's mouth. He doesn't question her ability or competence, but must also realize the weight of his decision to remain aboard once the attack began. What if it would have merely attempted to follow my jet... Dammit. He, along with everyone else, has to struggle to brace himself and not be thrown about the bridge as the carrier is jostled. Earlier he had attempted to help hold Misato steady as she studied readouts and kept in communication with the pilots, but she had stared him down, still furious about his earlier comment it seems.

All at once, an explosion of blood completely coats the windows and the carrier wobbles back and forth, leveling out now that the weight of the beast is gone. Whooping and hollering fills the bridge as the crew and the boys rejoice in victory. As the blood slowly thins out on the windows in seconds that feel like minutes, he can finally see that Eva-02 has not slipped overboard and is tacked into the deck by way of its prog blades, out of power but safe and secure.

--

Open-ended response experiment: The next chapter will wrap up the carrier trip to Tokyo-3, but the author practically has the whole thing plotted out already. That's not what CYOA is all about, so...

1. Choose an action, demeanor, exchange, intention, etc. that will occur on the ship. All reasonable responses will be included, however those that inherently contradict one another may have to be settled by author discretion.
Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thewayneiac
Committeeman
Committeeman

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:49 am

All sweaty from the battle, Asuka decides to take a shower. Meanwhile, Shinji has the same idea. Kaji tells him where to find the showers and Shinji walks in on Asuka while she's naked.

Meanwhile, Kaji returns to his cabin to check on the Adam embryo. Suspicious, Misato follows him and catches him with the embryo.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Asuka and Shinji wander onto the bridge while looking for thier handlers, just in time to hear a summery of the fight's damage report and casualty list.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:35 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a nice combination of NemZ and Wayne's ideas, personally. (Espeically Shinji walking in on Asuka. :nosebleed: )

First they find Kaji and Misato, overhearing damage/causality reports. They then look for the showers to cool off while Misato catches Kaji with Adam.

cojax8
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby cojax8 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:28 am

Yes, I agree with SSD on all points, let’s just hope Shinji isn’t put into a coma to soon.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:35 am

View Original Postthewayneiac wrote:All sweaty from the battle, Asuka decides to take a shower. Meanwhile, Shinji has the same idea. Kaji tells him where to find the showers and Shinji walks in on Asuka while she's naked.

Peeping Shinji please. SSD's format is the way to go, though I'd like to see Kaji try to flirt his way out of an explanation.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:21 am

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:Peeping Shinji please. SSD's format is the way to go, though I'd like to see Kaji try to flirt his way out of an explanation.

"Hey, baby. Who cares about the fetal elder god in my suitcase? Look at me."

Alternatively:

"Kaji WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT"

"Ah...hey, Katsuragi. You ever thought about having kids?"

Seriously though: Agreed with SSD. Another idea: Asuka, pissed off from shower experience, winds up bitching out the Over the Rainbow's captain. Mostly because I love that guy.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”