Sadmoons: Clouds of Melancholy 2 -- Evangelion-inspired work

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Didgaraya
Embryo

Sadmoons: Clouds of Melancholy 2 -- Evangelion-inspired work

•      
  •      

Postby Didgaraya » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:15 pm

Subject should be (but it didn't allow me ^_^'):
Sadmoons: Clouds of Melancholy 2 -- Evangelion-inspired work of art

First of all, I hope this is the right place for something like that. If not, please move my topic or let me know so I could manually place it in right forum.

You don't know me but I have been hanging around these forums every now and then for some time now. I'm 25 yr old man and I have fallen in love with Evangelion when I was around 13 or 14. It changed my life in the way I cannot describe and I probably cannot even imagine. It taught me how to live, it brought some amazing people to me, it opened me to feelings, emotions, experiences and thoughts beyond my imagination. Made me more insightful, sensitive and unique person. And for that I'm incredibly greatful. For a few years I have been writing about Evangelion, making GAINAX-oriented conventions, translating it to my mother tongue, making fanzins and perhaps some other things I don't even remember (it was long time ago, I admit).
Now I'm an artist myself, I express myself through my works and it came naturally that I wanted to say "thank you" as one day I have discovered how much of my own work is inspired by Evangelion. That somewhere behind my head there are images, ideas, takes, dialogues, characters, people, life that has been presented to me by Hideaki Anno and his little big group of heroes (I was 14 when they became my heroes, and even though I'm much more critical now, in a sense, I'm still this 14 yrs old kid).

So... It came also naturally that if I want to find people who will appreciate, but first of all Understand my work I might find them amongst Evangelion lovers. My works aren't animation, these are interactive pieces of art. However, animation is my big love and I plan to make first steps towards it this year, telling another story without interaction but with some simple animation. And, although I'm not a die hard gamer, I love pixel art and I want to make pixel art animation.

OK... enough about me. Screenshot and link below :)

Clouds of Melancholy in 21 captures: [url]http://sadmoons.com/2010/clouds-of-melancholy-2/com2_in_21_captures.jpg[/url]

Link to my work: [url]http://sadmoons.com/2010/clouds-of-melancholy-2/[/url]

Return to “Fan Works”