Evangelion 2.0 Complete Records Collection

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:16 pm

It's amjazing how the best ideas are always Anno's. Mari's final personality happened when he revised the script a last time, the best poster was the one he gave the imput for, and even the memetic clock movement was his idea.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Sorry about the lack of CRC stuff recently. Something came up, and I have to go on hiatus for a short while. I should be back before too long; apologies until then!

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:23 pm

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:Sorry about the lack of CRC stuff recently. Something came up, and I have to go on hiatus for a short while. I should be back before too long; apologies until then!

No problem, take care :)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:13 pm

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:Sorry about the lack of CRC stuff recently. Something came up, and I have to go on hiatus for a short while. I should be back before too long; apologies until then!

No problem. We all have real life^^
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:02 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:No problem. We all have real life^^
None of us has real life and you know it.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

berto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby berto » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:59 pm

I get payed soon and I might just have enough extra money for this.
Could someone point me as to where I could get it and how much it's going to set me back?
If nothing else could someone tell me the ISBN?
Not who you think I am.

gwern
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby gwern » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:54 pm

BTW, I've been compiling Numbers-kun's translations of the CRC interviews: http://www.gwern.net/docs/2010-crc

I haven't yet gotten this thread worked into that page yet (too many out of order comments and variations and images), but hopefully I'll get the most important parts into the page in some form or other in the next day or two.

Deyno
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deyno » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:31 am

I would like to see more images/contents of this book
Evangelion en Espanol

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:33 am

I don't know if this is new or news but....I got another harrassing email from amazon.co.jp this morning but in it was something interesting.

Eva 1.0 Complete Records Collection has been relisted

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4905033012/

With a new release date of October 31st, 2012

And more importantly with a new publisher: Groundworks (グラウンドワークス)

The original 1.0 CRC was released 2008 (still listed here) under the GAINAX label like all the old "Groundworks of ______" books. By the time 2.0 CRC rolled around the new Groundworks label was already formed.

2.0 CRC has also been relisted for October 31st.

www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4905033004/

Khara seems to be re-issuing both of these lovely monster packages just in time for Q. If you don't already own it, now's your chance to avoid scalpers.

EDIT:

2.0 CRC kept it's original ISBN of 978-4905033004
1.0 CRC ISBN changed from 978-4903713175 to 978-4905033011
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Strings
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Strings » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 am

TM_Bounty Hunter, if it had not been for your post, I would have never found out about 1.0 & 2.0's rerelease. I just got them both in the mail yesterday and they are glorious. Anxiously waiting for 3.0 to come out.

Abicion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Abicion » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:12 pm

Several of Mari's concept designs depict her wearing an Eva-04 plugsuit.

http://i48.tinypic.com/95n394.jpg

why?
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/555229/This-is-where-writing-Evangelion-fanfiction-will-get-you

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:55 am

Because they were still figuring out what to with Mana Mayumi Vincennes given they'd promised a new pilot in some of the early Rebuild material.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:45 am

Maybe they didn't knew what to do with EVA-04, if they will blew him and half of Nevada or introducing him.

What I found interesting is that with the exception of the orange version(which could be a nod to the GAINAX artwork of Hikari as a pilot with a similarly colored plugsuit, coincidentally piloting EVA-05), every other color they thought of were a sober main color(khaki, black or dark blue), with just a touch of bright color on the torso. I'm curious to know how they changed their mind and ended with the final design in all its pink and white glory!

And with this artwork I just noticed that Mari's pink plugsuit is extremely similar to the one Kaworu wore at the end of 2.0
3.0  SPOILER: Show
and the one Kaworu and Shinji wear in 3.0
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Sat May 25, 2013 4:55 am

Was the Door of Guf scene topic brought up? I was told that it was referred in a different name. ヴァラル? Varal? Not sure exactly how it was written. Anyone have any more information on that?

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat May 25, 2013 12:04 pm

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:Was the Door of Guf scene topic brought up? I was told that it was referred in a different name. ヴァラル? Varal? Not sure exactly how it was written. Anyone have any more information on that?

That would be "Door of Balal". I think I may have heard of it being referred to as such in one of the storyboards or something....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Sat May 25, 2013 12:13 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:That would be "Door of Balal". I think I may have heard of it being referred to as such in one of the storyboards or something....

Yes, I did see a picture that looks like part of storyboard of some sort. Wondering if there are anymore information regarding it or any translation of words around the sketch.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 25, 2013 12:41 pm

C1791
頭上のリングが回転しながら巨大化し中心に空間の穴(バラルの扉)がひらく
The rings above [Eva-01's] head enlarge while spinning, and a spatial hole (the Door of Balal) expands at the center.

The "Door of Balal" part didn't make it into the final script, and it's been retconned into "Door of Guf" as of 3.0. Though, this does provide the elaboration that it's the darkness that's the "door", not the rings... so people can probably stop pluralizing ("Doors of Guf") when referring to one instance of the phenomenon at this point. :tongue:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Sat May 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Thank you for the confirmation. http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/nas/balal.html
Not sure if that's the right word but just putting it out there, seeing as it is in CRC it may hold some clue.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Say, there is any news of an eventual release of a translated version of the CRC? Or will we have to content ourself with the stuff in Japanese and looking for translation all around the web?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Jurrasic
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jurrasic » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:04 pm

The primary audience for Evangelion material is Japanese. If they don't think they will recoup the costs of translation and localization let alone re-printing (ie, they figure they could only sell a few hundred copies outside Japan) I doubt they will bother unless there is a strong concerted effort like a petition with several thousand names pledging to buy an English version given to the studio. :sniffle:
"Yes ladies and gentlemen, in France Asuka swears like a sailor and confirms that she's the butch of her apparent lesbian relationship with Mari, Mari insults people that ignore her, and Shinji Ikari tells to Sakura Suzuhara and Misato Katsuragi to go fuck themselves!" -ElMariachi

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”