[Fic] Bardi's Works

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: [Fic] Bardi's Works

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:05 pm

I'll keep that in mind when I check them out then, although I imagine they'll still be decent.

Nice to see you have plans too, quite excited to see that third part too. You've done a great job with them so far, all in character and very nicely written too. Intrigued to see what the next one will be.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:28 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:I rise from the (assumed) grave, with more Evafics for you folks.

Glad you're still with us, man. You disappeared kind of abruptly, so some of us were worried! :tongue: It's doubly nice to see you're back to writing, as more quality Evafics are always appreciated.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:09 pm

I did another new thing. Yay! Fans of Hands All Over and The Trick is to Keep Breathing will probably enjoy it.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:59 am

And the stuff just keeps on coming. This time, we go back to the original version of I Won't Let You Fall Apart and give it a proper cleanup/release. Not as much of a tragedy this time, just straight hurt/comfort/drama. Kinda dark, but not as much as Dead Flag Blues. Hope you lads and lasses like it.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 am

Just read through it, not much I can really say here without repeating what I already said in the review. Really managed to capture the mood of that particular part of the series well within it. First person perspective really made it stand out and allowed us to really get into and feel everything Shinji did at that point. Really liked the balance of darkness to hopefulness in there too.

Also worth pointing out the third part of your trilogy above was also very good too :P

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:39 am

Now, just talking hypothetically: if I were to continue on with the previous story with one last part...and we'll just say, again hypothetically, it would be a little while after those recent events and from the other character's perspective...which of these would be most fitting for a title?

List that proves that Bardi has trouble naming things sometimes  SPOILER: Show
-Black Celebration
-Disintegration
-Finding Beauty in the Dissonance
-Growing Flowers in a Desert
-I Miss the Comfort in Being Sad
-I'll Be Your Mirror
-Let Me See You Stripped
-Sing This Corrosion to Me (this is the one I'm leaning toward)

Again, just throwing stuff at the wall, but...anyone who stops in, tell me what you think.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:45 am

Without knowing the contents of the story itself hard to really pick out one from the list, I quite like Growing Flowers In A Desert as a name or Finding Beauty In Dissonance but I'd say go with what you feel is the best option.

With most of my fics I don't normally name them properly until the piece is complete, usually for my Lemon fics that means looking through the lyrics of Meat Loaf songs and with the others just looking at other song titles/lyrics. :P

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 pm

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Without knowing the contents of the story itself hard to really pick out one from the list, I quite like Growing Flowers In A Desert as a name or Finding Beauty In Dissonance but I'd say go with what you feel is the best option.

I figured I'd get that sort of answer from somebody. I just wanted a third opinion on the matter, that's all.

Thanks for weighing in, as least.

With most of my fics I don't normally name them properly until the piece is complete

Meanwhile, I usually name them once I have the sequence of events/gist of it down. Not even begun, just once planning is finished. Probably doing it wrong in some way, but hasn't failed me yet. And it isn't like I don't have a long list to pick from (I tend to have more titles than I do ideas).

Funny you should mention Meat Loaf: the title I'm leaning towards comes from a goth/hard rock song produced by Jim Steinman. It's good.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:55 pm

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Funny you should mention Meat Loaf: the title I'm leaning towards comes from a goth/hard rock song produced by Jim Steinman. It's good.

Ah wow, I had no idea he worked with them outside of writing the song More (Which has just been re-recorded by Meat Loaf funnily enough) you can definitely hear some of Steinmans production stuff in that song. Very 80s but the choruses in the background sounds very Steinman.

For naming fics I dunno if there is a way to do it wrong really. Sometimes I'll have the name of a fic in mind before I do write it. My recent Rei/Mari one I knew was going to be called Trembling Blue Skies when I started writing it.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:36 am

And another one is finished. The previously-only-hypothetical sequel mentioned above is now available for reading. Not my best, but response to the previous was good enough that I figured I might as well give it a follow-up.

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Ah wow, I had no idea he worked with them outside of writing the song More (Which has just been re-recorded by Meat Loaf funnily enough) you can definitely hear some of Steinmans production stuff in that song. Very 80s but the choruses in the background sounds very Steinman.

Indeed. And now that you mentioned it, I think I'll have to go look up that version of More. I'll bet it's pretty good.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:59 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Indeed. And now that you mentioned it, I think I'll have to go look up that version of More. I'll bet it's pretty good.

It's good although I will warn, and this goes for the album itself, his voice is really not what it used to be. I absolutely love the album because the emotion and the character still comes through. Going All The Way is probably one of his best on it.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Just a heads-up to anyone following this thread: the next one-shot will be up on the 14th (hint hint), Shinji's Ladder will take at least two or three weeks to finish putting together (I want to keep it a one-shot, but a damn lengthier one than I'm used to doing) and New Divide probably won't be seeing its first chapter go up until at least the end of March/beginning of April.

EDIT: Aaaaaand now there's something slated for a White Day release, too. I love actually having motivation for a change.

There's the itinerary, at least. Now let's just see if I hold to it...

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:It's good although I will warn, and this goes for the album itself, his voice is really not what it used to be.

I'm used to that from long-time artists these days. Age catches up to us all.

Besides...you're talking to a guy who was never perturbed by either Jello Biafra or Morrissey, two very distinct and either-hit-or-miss-with-listeners voices.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:38 am

We've got a two-for-one special today. Both Alone With You (the aforementioned Valentine's Day-themed piece) and Where Boys Fear to Tread (something I mentioned over here) are now up and available. Go on, have a look and, of course, leave your thoughts on them.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:48 am

Happy Pi Day!
Wait...that's not the right holiday? Ah shi-
Err...I mean, happy White Day! Here's something for the occasion; namely, the sequel to Alone With You. Enjoy.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Another absence, another couple of things to bring and show.

-Sequel to Where Boys Fear to Tread. It's sexy and sweet and funny, 'nuff said.
-And here's the last part of the Go Back to Sleep, Precious/Sing This Corrosion to Me canon. Like the previous parts, it's bittersweet but cute.

Might have something more later this month, early next at the latest.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Ahh, long time no talk, Bardi ^_^ I hope to catch up with your fics sometime very soon, I haven't read a good Eva fic in a long while! (The past 3 years have trapped me in MGS fandom hell, though the fangirl-ism is finally dying down, lol.)

For reference's sake, do you post on AO3 as well? I still have my FF.Net account though it's not as active these days.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 am

Hey you. ^_^

You may have quite a time on catch-up: I've added a dozen stories (all one-shots but it still totals over 56k words) since the end of 2016, so you may need a free afternoon or something for that. Hope you enjoy them, at any rate.

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:For reference's sake, do you post on AO3 as well? I still have my FF.Net account though it's not as active these days.

I have an account there, but I have neglected to upload anything there yet. I will at some point soon...I hope.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Nice, sounds like a lot of good stuff to catch up on ^_^ I'm looking forward to it!

As a headsup about AO3, because they have a "Like" system (leaving Kudos for enjoyed stories) people don't tend to leave Reviews (over there, known as Comments) as much. But it honestly seems to be dependent on the fandom you're writing for if you get lots of Hits vs Kudos vs Comments, that kind of thing. In my experience, current "big" anime or video games series get a lot more traction than a series that's super old, or currently fading away. (Cough, MGS, cough)

I personally prefer AO3 to FF Net for its huge tagging system (I list the main 'ship in the Relationship section and any smaller/briefly mentioned ones in the Additional Tags section—you don't want to over-clutter the additional tags either, because then it's an eyesore for readers :sweatdrop: ) and allowing R-18 fanfics, since FF Net has a strict policy against that. But everyone's preferences are different, of course.

If you're interested in any of my stuff, it's here: https://archiveofourown.org/users/SailorStarDust1/ (Don't mind the boatload of MGS compared to my Eva and Sailormoon fics, lol)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Already reviewed it on FFN but another fantastic lemon, really enjoyed it. Perfect mixture of romance and sexiness in there. You write those scenes so well, and the moments surrounding it all were perfect as well.

Really looking forward to more stuff from you :)

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:25 pm

^ Well, you write what you know. And, ah, well...let's just say I know. :wink:
I have to watch my wording on that subject or I might end up on the couch.
So yeah, thank you for the praise.

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Nice, sounds like a lot of good stuff to catch up on ^_^ I'm looking forward to it!

Hope to hear if you end up liking them. There's a nice mix of everything in there. Mostly AsuShin (what else?), but a few surprises here and there.

As a headsup about AO3, because they have a "Like" system (leaving Kudos for enjoyed stories) people don't tend to leave Reviews (over there, known as Comments) as much. But it honestly seems to be dependent on the fandom you're writing for if you get lots of Hits vs Kudos vs Comments, that kind of thing. In my experience, current "big" anime or video games series get a lot more traction than a series that's super old, or currently fading away. (Cough, MGS, cough)

I personally prefer AO3 to FF Net for its huge tagging system (I list the main 'ship in the Relationship section and any smaller/briefly mentioned ones in the Additional Tags section—you don't want to over-clutter the additional tags either, because then it's an eyesore for readers :sweatdrop: ) and allowing R-18 fanfics, since FF Net has a strict policy against that. But everyone's preferences are different, of course.

Oh, I'm going to put my stuff there, too. More places means more coverage means more readers, after all. And yeah, I dig their tagging system...though just how I'll tag mine will take a little guesswork.

And that thing about FFN's policy on more salacious content? I, uh...don't think anybody's really bothering to keep a check on that. My oldest M-rated one (the one I think you helped preread, now that I think about it) has been up over there for almost seven years, so I'm not terribly worried. Especially not when I've seen plenty of others that haven't gone anywhere.

Return to “Fanfiction”