[RP] The Evangelion Summer Vacation

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:44 am

Ryoji Kaji, Ran Mouri
5:43 P.M.
Onsen

"Ahhh, yeah... that's the stuff."

Kaji sat down on the warm water, sighing happily as the warmth invaded each an every one of his muscles, making the spy elicit a happy groan.

“You sound like an old man, Kaji; what’s the matter? Back a little stiff?” Misato said with a smirk while he smiled as he looked at Misato, taking in her stage of undress, and for once not behaving like a drunken frat boy, instead trying to remain the adult here, which as kind of hard when his body and nature were telling him Misato was so close, so tantalizing close and naked...

"Well, what can I say? Onsens and relaxation are encoded in our Japanese DNA." The spy said smoothly as Misato arched an eyebrow at him, but before anything else could be said, the moment and tension Kaji felt was palpable was broken by Ran and Maya walking in with Aoba who, as usual kept to himself, looking as out of place as a gang-banger would in a shogi tournament, even while Ran kept smiling at Maya, mostly.

“Ah, Ibuki, Mouri, so nice of you to join us.” Ryoji said quickly as Misato smiled at both newcomers, both Ran and Maya walking around wrapped in towels, but while Maya took a careful step inside, waiting for her body to grow used to the hot temperature, Ran took a quick dive, taking away her towel and letting everyone catch nothing but a pink flash of nakedness that quickly disappeared under the surface, the water covering Ran’s boy, only the top of her chest, shoulders and face visible through the steam as she gave a long, contended sigh.

"So, how have you guys liked the shrine so far? Pretty neat, huh?" The guide said gingerly while Kaji arch his eyebrow but remained quiet noticing the obvious flustering from Maya as Ran didn't let go of her hand.

“I liked it, it’s been ages since I went to a real temple.” Misato said as she gave Maya and Ran a quick smile before shrugging casually and leaning back on the water. “I wanted Ritsuko to come with us, but then again, she is a bit of a workaholic.”

"Yes, it would have been nice if she could have come." Maya said as a far away look came over her face, and Kaji listened at Misato’s playful voice, seeing as she splashed the water a bit, obviously enjoying herself but his gaze was set on Maya, gauging her reaction. "The shrine is really impressive! There's so much history here, a real 'weight' to everything it seems."

"It's interesting... spirituality has never been my forte, but I enjoy the history trapped within these walls." Kaji said smoothly as he eased back and poured some sake over several cups, offering them to everyone present. "What about you, Miss Mouri what other information can you tell us about this wonderful temple?"

Ran giggled as she spoke, turning to Misato and him before talking to Maya, smiling profusely, making dimples appear on her cheek.

"I have a lot of lore and folk tales from this place and the island in general Mr. Kaji, but I think it would be better to save it until the dinner party." The brown haired girl said with twinkling blue eyes before she turned to Maya.

"But right now, as a guide, I want to know more about you all..."

“Well... there’s not a lot to say.” Misato said as she looked at Ran, taking Kaji’s sake cup and drinking it one go, before she made a face and shook her head and muttered how the drink was too strong. “The children of the Tokyo-3 Municipal middle school had come to Okinawa a few months back, and when they won this trip, Nerv figured they should be accompanied by us as a gesture of good will.”

Kaji chuckled while he shrugged. “You might call it a publicity stunt.”

“And what about you Mr. Kaji?” Ran inquired with a thinly-veiled smile on her face.

"Sorry, but I don't think I'm the most interesting man in the world." Ryoji said simply as he undid his ponytail, letting his mullet fall freely before grabbing a small towel, wetting it and putting it in his head, letting the water run down his sore neck and back, his face growing a bit flushed due to the warmness of the mineral water. "But I'm sure the others have interesting things to say about family."

This made Ran turn to Maya, giving her a bright, wide smile, eyes locking on Ibuki's own.

"What about you, Maya-chan? what should I know about you?"

"I grew up moving from one Tokyo to another, wherever the major development projects were, since my father works in urban planning. I interned for Nerv while studying computer science; their Chief Scientist, Dr. Akagi, took me under her wing and now I'm working with some of the most advanced computers and systems in the world! But, ah, I mostly like reading, cute animals, and even nature though I've never really been around it! I even left my laptop's adapter at home on purpose! So, umm, I'd love to know more about you too!"

Ran opened her mouth in surprise, before she spoke again, blinking.

“Wow, I... you’re some sort of genius! The most I have is a Degree in tourism and Restaurant Administration!” Ran began, feeling a bit out of Ran’s league... maybe she should stick to nice, non-threatening and simple minded topics for her, like cute, fluffy, animals.

However, Ran’s playful, optimistic-laden side emerged quickly, not letting something like degrees and experience threathen her.

“But, you know what, it’s alright... I can bore you with the mysterious history of the island and the shrines, and you can teach me how to set up my e-mail account.” The guide joked while she winked at the already flushed techie, placing her hand on top of hers and smiling broadly.

“Other than that, I’m Naha born and bred, and I have lived and studied here for my whole life; I have a couple of brothers so I’m used to rough things, and uh... I sunburn easily.” Ran said as she nodded at all three before she turned to Aoba, faltering a little, almost as if she wasn’t sure on how to ask the question. He had been so quiet all this time, barely saying a word, but Ran figured she might as well try.

“And you Mr...?”

Aoba.

----- -----
Asuka Langley Soryu, Toji Suzuhara and Shinji Ikari
5:43 P.M.
Onsen

Toji couldn’t really keep the wide smile from his face as he walked out and into the onsen with Kensuke.

“Alright! finally hitting the hot bath! Time to soak in, huh Ken?” The taller, tanned boy said with a thick Kansai accent as he heard the voices of Rei and Asuka nearby, while Hikari and Katsuko seemed to be staring at the gi--

“Rei! COVER YOURSELF!”

Toji blinked as he heard those words, while Shinji seemed to be turning an interesting shade of red, and Kensuke appeared to...

Come to think of it, Toji really didn’t want to know what Kensuke was doing; that would make the red devil focus on them and given the way Asuka was reacting, that is her usual way of screaming in a high, shrill tone before she began to pelt Shinji, Toji was sure he didn’t want that to happen.

Besides, it was safer to focus on Raidon who kept trying to bury his nose deep in the book he was reading

“YOU PERVS! STOP STARING AT HER!”

Hikari, Katsuko, Kensuke reacting.

“I’m not getting involved in any of this.” Toji said while turning around and shaking his head before a stray bottle of shampoo caught him in the back of the head, making the boy turn around with anger as he rubbed onto the back of his head.

“Ow! what the heck was that for ya crazy gaij--”

“Stuff it stooge! I caught you peeping!” Asuka said as she turned sharply, flicking her hair over her shoulder as she entered the onsen and waded towards where Hikari and Katsuko were. “Now stay on the other side of the rock or else!”

Rei asking Why is everybody staring at her

“Because you're naked!” Asuka shouted as Katsuko and Hikari covered themselves, blushing.

A fact that Shinji realized before his eyes landed on Rei’s naked form, before his face was obscured by a towel thrown by...

“Don't look!” Katsuko said while holding her towel against her chest, and Rei finally decided to make her way to the girls side and Asuka threw another towel, this one wet against Shinji’s face before she glared at the flustered blue-eyed boy.

“And stop peeking!”

Toji turned, already riled and grumbled under his breath about redheaded crazy girls, making sure to keep the voice low enough so he wasn’t heard while Kensuke and Shinji walked along.

“I’ll never understand girls.”

Shinji sighed as he lowered himself in the water, before he turned to Raidon., noticing he was still glaring at the girls before he cleared his throat.

“So uh... this is a nice first day, right?”

“Never mind that, what were you doing with the old wrinkled bat?” Toji piped in while Shinji sighed and Kensuke snickered, or something.

"It's just... stuff, nothing important." Shinji turned to look at Toji who shrugged and Kensuke who seemed more interested in trying to sneak a peek at the girls before Shinji looked back at Raidon, and Toji spoke again.

“Hey, if you don’t wanna tell us it’s coo--”

"Okay, I had some questions I had to ask... things I need to work out."

“Toji! she’s the head priestess! You shouldn’t call her that or she’ll uh...” Shinji faltered as he searched for something that sounded menacingly enough to make Toji reconsider.

“What? Pray really hard?” Suzuhara said with a guffaw.

“More like ask the gods to curse you and make you a walking buffoon...” Asuka said loudly over the boulder before she giggled. “Oops, too late for that.”

Shinji sighed while Toji tried to come back with a good comeback, before he finally gave up and settled down.

Open to Kensuke and Raidon interaction.

Shinji sighed as Toji and Asuka began a bickering match that was thankfully defused by Hikari, which made Asuka turn to the two girls that were there, her past bravado and mocking smile gone, replaced by a nervous, serious face while Rei, being Rei, poked her head over to the boy's side.

“Uh... Ka-chan, Hikari... I uh...” Asuka began in a small voice before she turned to Hikari, lowering herself so only her eyes top of her head and nose were visible as she began to blow bubbles fro the water, making Katsuko and Hikari give each other a knowing glance, but otherwise remain quiet, while Asuka worked around her issues to finally say what was on her mind.

“Look, about what happened at the beach...” The redhead began with a dubious tone, as if she was trying to somehow say what was on her mind but prevent herself from inserting her foot in her mouth any more than she already had before she looked away, arms crossed tightly over her chest. . “I... the thing is... Watanabe was being obnoxious. And I don’t want to not hang out with you two in this vacation.”

“I, uh... lets not talk about this right now. I'm over it, besides the onsen is for cleansing right?” Katsuko said while Hikari nodded and looked at Asuka, smiling wide.

Hikari.

“Yeah, I guess...” Soryu said as she scooped some water and poured it over her shoulder, enjoying the feeling of the mineral water against her skin. “That Guide lady said this was supposed to be like a sacred onsen or something...”

“So, lets purge the bad feelings and try to relax... okay?” Katsuko said happily as she sighed and dipped herself further down on the onsen, while Rei kept talking with the idiot, making Asuka feel something in the pit of her stomach.

So she decided to do something about it.

“So, did any of you guys see those three cute guys in the beach while we were renting the scooters?”
Last edited by Eric Blair on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Maya Ibuki
Day 1, 5:43pm
Onsen

Maya left the washing room with one towel wrapped snuggly around her and another in her arms. Ran was waiting for her, smiling as she held out her hand. Ibuki was flooded with exhilaration as she slipped her fingers around the guide's. She... she's really thinking the same thing!?

“Ah, Ibuki, Mouri, so nice of you to join us.” Ryoji said beside Misato, both already soaking themselves. The young lieutenant looked away some, flushed red once the Agent raised an eyebrow at their display. Discretely she disrobed beside beside her and slid into the warm, tranquil waters before Ran dove in, sending out a sea of ripples.

"So, how have you guys liked the shrine so far? Pretty neat, huh?" Ran said.

“I like it, it’s been ages since I went to a real temple. I wanted Ritsuko to come with us, but then again, she is a bit of a workaholic.” Misato said, leaning back.

"Yes, it would have been nice if she could have come." Maya said this realizing she was probably enjoying herself more with Ran than she would have with her Sempai who had never displayed the slightest interest in her before. Reciprocation and being on the same wavelength made all the difference. "The shrine is really impressive! There's so much history here, a real 'weight' to everything it seems."

"It's interesting... spirituality has never been my forte, but I enjoy the history trapped within these walls. What about you, Miss Mouri? What other information can you tell us about this wonderful temple?" He inquired as he poured and shared sake for all four of them.

Despite being one not to drink often, Maya eagerly drank her cup in sync with Ran, who was bubbly and giggling as she smiled. It was then that Maya first noticed the dimples on her new friends' gorgeous face. I won't screw this up, I can't screw this up! She couldn't remember the last time she felt so optimistic and fortunate about a situation like this; everything felt so perfect.

"I have a lot of lore and folk tales from this place and the island in general Mr. Kaji, but I think it would be better to save it until the dinner party. But right now, as a guide, I want to know more about you all..." Her blue eyes turned to connect with Maya's again, and they both smiled. Before Maya could respond, Misato and Kaji exchanged banter about this entire trip being a publicity stunt of sorts, most likely.

Ran turned to lock eyes with Ibuki again. "What about you, Maya-chan? What should I know about you?"

"I grew up moving from one Tokyo to another, wherever the major development projects were, since my father works in urban planning. I interned for Nerv while studying computer science; their Chief Scientist, Dr. Akagi, took me under her wing and now I'm working with some of the most advanced computers and systems in the world!" Maya smiled as she realized she probably came off as a braggart and a nerd. "But, ah, I mostly like reading, cute animals, and even nature though I've never really been around it! I even left my laptop's adapter at home on purpose!" Just shut up, you idiot! Maya laughed nervously while her heart pounded in anxiety. "So, umm, I'd love to know more about you too!"

"Wow, I... you're some sort of genius! The most I have is a degree in Tourism and Restaurant Administration! But, you know what, it's alright... I can bore you with the mysterious history of the island and the shrines, and you can teach me how to set up my email account." What? Don't say tha--!!! She felt the touch of Ran's hand upon hers, seeing her wink and smile again. "Other than that, I'm Naha born and bred, and I have lived and studied here for my whole life; I have a couple of brothers so I'm used to rough things, and uh... I sunburn easily."

She hadn't ever felt this certain about someone so quickly; she had a confidence in this pairing that finally allowed her to let some of her guard and insecurities down. She smiled and scooted closer to Ran so that their hips and shoulders were touching as if to say 'Thank you'. Ran kept the conversation going by inviting Aoba to speak up.

(Aoba)

(open to further interaction)
Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Hikari Horaki
Day 1, 5:43pm
Onsen

Hikari relaxed calmly in the water, looking up to the sky. This peace was broken by the shrieking of Asuka.

"Rei! COVER YOURSELF!"

She looked over to see Rei walking about naked, feet from the pool. Oh my god, why can't she be normal about anything? Worse, Toji, Kensuke and Shinji were standing wrapped within sight of all of them, watching.

"YOU PERVS! STOP STARING AT HER!"

At this, Hikari covered herself frantically underwater and looked at Katsuko, flushed red with dread. "Have they been watching us too?!?!" Her spirits were flattened as her vulnerability in this situation came crashing back upon her. "Don't any of them have any decency at all?!" She continued to her friend, keeping quiet so not to draw attention. Thankfully when Hikari chanced a glance again at them standing there, she saw Toji was at least facing the boys side now.

(Katsuko)

"I'm not getting involved in any of this." Toji said as he headed out of view towards the boys side with the other two; Asuka however threw a bottle at him and Hikari could hear it make contact. Don't hurt him, Asuka! He was looking away at least... "Ow! What the heck was that for, ya crazy gaij--"

"Stuff it, stooge! I caught you peeping!" Oh. .__. Hikari sunk down a bit more at that, taking her friends word for it. Soon Asuka was on the girls side entirely and got into the pool; once situated to the left of Hikari, she called out to them again. "Now stay on the other side of the rock or else!"

"Why is everyone staring at me?"

"Because you're naked!" Asuka replied, clearly exasperated at Rei's obliviousness. Katsuko and Hikari again covered in embarrassment and blushed at this, though Asuka seemed perfectly calm in her body language.

It was then that she noticed Shinji was in fact still in sight, still gawking at Rei, mouth agape and wide eyed. Katsuko boldly grabbed a towel that was within arms reach and hurling it across the pool to the shore, smacking him in the face. "Don't look!" She held another towel to her chest; Hikari chose to stay huddled and low however, intent on keeping her towels as dry as possible. "And stop peeking!"

Hikari tried to collect her thoughts and relax again, only now noticing that they could hear what eachother was saying across the pool. She tried to not listen in on the boys talking, preferring to tune it out courteously. Asuka however, clearly wouldn't have it as she was soon joining in, yelling across the onsen to them.

"More like as the gods to curse you and make you a walking buffoon... Ooops, too late for that." Hikari facepalmed at hearing such nonsense; this isn't what she wanted to come to the onsen for at all. The ruckus and bickering continued with more joining in and getting louder, until finally she had to put an end to it.

"COULD EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND TRY TO RELAX AND HAVE A GOOD TIME ALREADY, PLEASE?!?!" She shut her eyes and crossed her arms after saying this, exhausted from it all and intent on finally enjoying herself again. A thankful long moment of silence followed.

"Uh... Ka-chan, Hikari... I uh..." Asuka was quiet, sunken about as deep into the water one could go while still speaking. Both of them turned to give her their attention. "Look, about what happened at the beach... I... the thing is... Watanabe was being obnoxious. And I don't want to not hang out with you two in this vacation."

"I, uh... let's not talk about this right now. I'm over it; besides, the onsen is for cleansing right?" Katsuko wisely summed it up.

Hikari nodded then smiled to Asuka. "That's right. I want us to each hang out too... I'm really looking forward to all the things we can do together; let's have a great time, alright? Besides, once we sit back and really let this water and this place soak in like this, it really does feel cleansing in every way."

"Yeah, I guess... That guide lady said this was supposed to be like a sacred onsen or something..."

"So, let's purge the bad feelings and try to relax... okay?" Katsuko dipped herself further into the water at this.

It was just then that Hikari noticed Rei was up by the middle rock, chatting lightly with what sounded like Ikari. I... I can't believe those two.

"So, did any of you guys see those three cute guys in the beach while we were renting the scooters?"

"Um... no, I'm sorry I must have missed them." The mention of 'cute guys' and 'scooters' did resurrect the image of Toji riding beside her earlier, the wind in his hair and determination in his eyes. Or at least that was how she remembered it. "Hey, Asuka... earlier, did Suzuhara really peek? I mean, when you threw the bottle? Because I thought he was actually behaving himself pretty well..." She really didn't want to think of him as that kind of guy, and that hint of sadness carried in her voice.

(Asuka response) (Katsuko response if desired)

"Well, I... I don't know, I mean I think you maybe shouldn't fight with him so much? I know he can be sort of stupid sometimes, but he has a... sensitive side." Hikari blushed some at saying this.

(open to further response)

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Ryoji Kaji
Onsen Changing room
6.00 P.M.

Kaji blinked as he noticed he had a missed call on his phone, hearing Misato outside chatting with Ran and Maya, probably getting ready for the dinner while changing into their regular clothes, while the girls and the boys were still inside the onsen, probably trying to make every last minute of pure bliss in the form of warm mineral water last.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Kaji... how is the tourist trap treating you and Misato?”

When you’re a spy, a phone call can be something ominous, or something ordinary; it all depends on who’s calling; it can be an old friend just calling up to catch up with you.

“Ritsuko!” Kaji said with unfeigned surprise. “I was just thinking about you... me and Misato were skinny dipping in an onsen, I figured you would like to know and --”

Or it can be someone calling you to remind you of your position on the food chain, as well as your current mission.

“Yes, very amusing, Kaji. I am still needing that progress report from the island.” Ritsuko cut in quickly, not really listening while Kaji rolled his eyes at the doctor’s typical zeal.

“I sent a team to secure the area, and we will be deploying those probes you asked, but I think Maya would be better suited for something like this, she actually knows how to operate them.”

Ritsuko’s long-suffered sigh was all Kaji heard, sporting a known smile.

“Kaji, you knew this before you accepted the mission; this is a special investigation.” the doctor said quickly before Kaji heard a beeping sound from his phone. “I have upgraded the mission directive profile; follow it and send me a report tomorrow.”

With that, the conversation ended, and Kaji simply sighed before he punched in a new number, waiting for the fifth ring, as usual before he left a message.

“Kyoshi, this is Kaji... tomorrow we’ll go over to phase two; I want you to make sure none of the kids from the class go to Aka island.” Kaji said smoothly and in control, before he spoke again, almost as an afterthought.

“And make sure the pilots stay away too.” Kaji said as he ended the call, wondering why Malcolm wasn’t coding in.

----- ----
Toji suzuhara
Onsen
6.00 P.M.

“You guys, why the heck are we here?” Toji said as he stretched before throwing Shinji, Kensuke and Raidon a glance. “We’re not some old guys who need to soak their bones! We should be out there trying to catch a glimpse of Misato-san and the other babes.”

Raidon, Kensuke.

Toji knew that Raidon was, more than likely simply humoring him, while Kensuke all but jumped at the chance of doing just that, making the older boy chuckle as he nodded aggressively.

“That’s what I’m talking about! The girls are on the other side of this rock, so we should just like, slink away very, very slowly.” Suzuhara said in a low whisper before he turned to Shinji, noticing he was some what away.

“Yo, chief... get over here!”

Shinji blinked, opening his eyes; he had been having such a wonderful relaxing moment when Toji’s voice brought him back from the bliss of the warm water against his muscles to whatever it was his freinds were planning.

“What is it?”

“We’re gonna go and try to sneak a peek at Misato and the other babes, you in?”

Toji was all smiles and Kensuke looked like he was trying hard not to jump out of his skin and Raidon looked like he wanted to punch them both so Shinji did the only thing he could think off to show them all he was serious about not peeking because it was wrong.

“Uh, sorry... I’m just gonna stay here for a while.”

Besides, Shinji thought to himself, Asuka has a very good targeting system built in her and she could easily knock him out with a shampoo bottle to the head. This made Toji look at Shinji for a while before he shrugged, simply because he couldn’t think of anything else to do.

“Suit yourself, chief.” Toji said as he turned to the other boys, trying to keep cohesion in the ranks. “More girls for us.”

Kensuke, Raidon making some comments.

Toji was about to answer when suddenly, he felt someone crashing on him; someone small, and soft, and with a familiar tuff of brown hair, wet and frizzy, holding her towel against her body.

“Hi-Class rep?”

Open for interaction with anyone.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Kensuke Aida/Raidon Watanabe
Onsen
6:00pm

“You guys, why the heck are we here?” Toji said as he stretched before throwing Shinji, Kensuke and Raidon a glance. “We’re not some old guys who need to soak their bones! We should be out there trying to catch a glimpse of Misato-san and the other babes.”

Aida looked over at Toji, a smirk crossing the otaku's face. A simple thumbs up sufficed. However, there was one slight problem. "Umm... the camera's back in the rental locker, Toj... We can't go back for it, or it will be rather suspicious." For a moment, this seemed a problem. Then again, as Kensuke thought about it, one burning memory was all he really needed. The camera... well, there would be other opportunities. "Let's do it!"

Meanwhile, Raidon glared at the boy. "You just want me to get shot, don't you?" Sighing, he slumped into the water, surfacing only after a moment to fully submerge. "...I'll be the lookout from here..."

“That’s what I’m talking about! The girls are on the other side of this rock, so we should just like, slink away very, very slowly.” Suzuhara said in a low whisper before he turned to Shinji, noticing he was some what away.

“Yo, chief... get over here!”

“What is it?”

“Uh, sorry... I’m just gonna stay here for a while.”

“Suit yourself, chief.” Toji said as he turned to the other boys, trying to keep cohesion in the ranks. “More girls for us.”

"Yeah!" Keksuke shouted just a little too loudly.

"Huzzah..." Raidon replied in a dead, flat monotone, his right fist lazily thrusted into the air. He appeared more asleep than awake. Maybe he'd just make up an excuse for falling asleep in the onsen, and let the two get caught. He couldn't annoy Ka-chan any longer.

Then, an audible thud caught both boys' attention. Looking up, Aida and Watanabe noticed the partially covered Hikari in a very close collision with Suzuhara. While Aida felt the blood pressure rise ever so slightly in his face, Raidon covered his eyes with his hand in frustration, hoping to whatever impotent god the others believed in the sudden change in water displacement was not the result of anything thinking about girls.

“Hi-Class rep?”

Hikari response

Aida found his eyes growing wide, taking in the curves of the class rep, unable to pull away. Unfortunately, it appeared his oogling was observed.

Katsuko/Asuka shouting at Kensuke/Raidon?

Hikari response

Raidon watched as the situation deteriorated, and found the stress relief techniques Kaede had showed him were not helping. Silently performing the mudras with his hands under the water surface, his eyebrows still twitched in annoyance as the awkwardness of the situation grew.

Finally, Asuka's last comment set him off.

Standing up, he marched mechanically past Suzuhara and Horaki, hoisted himself out of the water, and walked to the changing room. Unfortunately, by the time he reached the doorway, he remembered he had forgotten his towel.

A slight wolf whistle heard from the onsen caused Raidon's eyebrow to twitch.

open for interaction

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:39 pm

Shinji Ikari
Onsen
6:00 P.M.

The only thing Shinji had wanted was to relax, so it had taken some time for him to realize it was almost 6:00, and that the first day was almost over. The trip had felt like a month pushed into a day; too packed with events, and information and what to do and what not to do and planning and everything else that Shinji simply wanted to enjoy the moment and let the stress float away into the warm, soothing water.

A fact that had been fractured by Toji’s request of joining him, Kensuke and Raidon into a quest of some sorts.

Toji’s words made Shinji blink, his mind taking more than the needed time to understand the consequences of such a proposition; before his primal survival instinct kicked in.

“Uh, sorry... I’m just gonna stay here for a while.” The boy said as he lowered himself more into into the water, letting the surface swallow the lower part of his face, leaving only his nose upward free from the liquid.

“Suit yourself, chief. More girls for us.”

Toji’s answer was dismissive, almost as if he couldn’t understand why would anyone pass on the opportunity to peek on Misato, even as Shinji knew the answer to that question.

It was Misato, plain and simple; while Toji and Kensuke felt an attraction to her, and often fantasized about her various stages of dress and undress, Shinji had been privy to some of the undress stages himself, and so those secrets weren’t appealing to him.

Besides, it would set him up for Misato to tease him, and Asuka to call him an idiot and a pervert, probably punch him, and even if that would hurt, he somehow felt a bigger pang of guilt imagining her disappointment.

And, seriously, he did not want to have to suffer that through any of that in these two weeks.

Plus, Kaji would get mad too, and even if Shinji had already an opinion of Kaji, augmented and cemented by both Asuka’s and Misato’s words and actions, he imagined that if he were Kaji, and someone was making a move on Misato, he would definitely punch them...

Or ask them really politely to stop doing that.

Or possibly just ignore them, hoping they’ll eventually go away.

“Huzzah.” Raidon said with as much enthusiasm as the boy could muster, before they all began to move away.

“Hi-- Class Rep!?”

Katsuko/Kensuke

“What the hell do you idiots think you’re doing!?” Asuka roared as she clutched her towel against her chest, and Shinji quickly looked away, already knowing how this was going to go down. “I should have known better than to let you perverts get in the onsen with us!”

Any other interaction.

Raidon seemed to be trying to keep calm, but eventually, he got up and walked towards the door, but as soon as he got out of the pool, Shinji, and everyone, realized he had forgotten to tie his towel around.

And someone from the girls side let out a long, wolfish whistle, making Raidon stop, before he continued walking out with as much dignity as a naked teenager could muster.

“Hello”

Shinji blinked, the voice sounded familiar, cutting through the haze of the onsen and resounding against his ears with such an ease it felt like a dream, making Shinji stand up and stare into the crimson-red eyes of Rei Ayanami, who was standing just over the rock that signaled the natural divider of the onsen.

“Ikari-kun... you shouldn't go around walking like that.”

Shinji stared at Rei, slowly letting his mind reboot and trying to understand what she was talking about before he looked down to realize he was essentially flashing Ayanami, making him instantly turn a deep shade of red, covering himself with his hands in his crotch and muttering an apology so quickly, the words came out rushed and tripped.

“Gah~! Sorry! I didn't mean to! Sorry!”

“What are you yapping about now, you idiot? Are you doing anything perverted in there?” Asuka’s voice came from behind the rock, making Shinji run towards the rock and press himself against the cool surface to make sure nothing was out in the open, while Rei simply stared at him impassively, as if trying to understand his actions and the motives behind them.

“N-NO! I'm just... e-enjoying it here!”

Or maybe Rei was simply staring at him, the words “idiot” and “moron” running over and over in her mind.

“So, Ayanami... you and the idiot... huh? Is he taking you out on a date?”

“If this is their idea of a date, I don't want to know what their honeymoon is like.”

“Ko-Kotonoha-san! It's nothing like that! We were just talking in the river! The shrine maiden that came with us told us about the origin of the shrine and that was all!” Shinji’s chortled cry was followed b the boy turning around, pressing his back against the rock and dropping to his knees, covering himself in the water body while Asuka kept hammering from the other side of the rock.

“Jeez, ease up, idiot. We’re just playing... honestly.” Asuka said finally, with a bored tone in her voice while Katsuko chimed in.

“I'm not. I REALLY don't want to know.”

“I am confused.” Rei said in that soft, whispered tone of her before she walked back behind the rock, and Shinji could hear both her and Asuka talking amongst themselves in low, hushed tones before Asuka spoke again.

“If you invite baka over for some late night "talk" let me know so I can get out of the room... the last thing I want to see is you and that idiot sucking face.”

The way Asuka said that made Shinji choke ever harder, what was it with Katsuko and her thinking he and Rei...

“WE aren't... I...” Shinji said angrily, starting to get feed up with what was going on; because yes, Rei was cute, but so were both Katsuko and Asuka, and Hikari as well; it wasn’t as if Shinji was actively trying to date Ayanami, not like he would ever, but if that were to become the case...

I wouldn’t mind.

“Are you implying sexual innuendo? Ikari-kun and I are not in such a relationship.” Rei’s voice sounded dispassionate, blank and neutral, as if no emotion registered over something like that, and for some reason Shinji didn’t want to dwell upon, it felt like a natural stance of things.

It didn’t mean, however, that Shinji wouldn’t react like he usually did.

“It's not like that!”

“Yes, it is not.” Rei added while Asuka kept quiet for a moment, before she spoke again in a quiet, hushed, almost embarrassed tone.

“Could've fooled me...”

From the other side, Rei spoke, her voice sounding focused, concise, as if the words had a reason of being uttered, sufficient in their meaning, and blunt enough to carry that meaning around.

“Are you jealous that Ikari-kun and I get along well?”

“What!?”

As soon as the words were heard by Shinji, he was unable to prevent himself from blushing, stuttering, flustered about it all, not because he had to answer, but because it mean Asuka would have to say out in the open what he and she...

“Of course I'm not! What the hell stupid kind of idea is that!? Why should I even care about that idiot?”

Shinji frowned, looking down at the water, keeping quiet, closing his eyes, remembering the Asuka from the volcano, what she had muttered, when she had thought he wouldn’t hear; the way she stared at the camera she probably thought was only registering static; Shinji had seen her and heard her, and for a moment, a brief, moment, he had allowed himself to smile and think that maybe it meant they would start on different ground; maybe not friends, but not rivals either.

“Then if you do not care, please refrain from acting hostile to me. We are supposed to be teammates.”

“Fine! if you want to date him, go right ahead! it's not like I care!”

So... nothing more...

But those hopes had been dashed to the ground with the words Asuka had uttered right now, and anything else that she had said had been nothing more than a cacophony of sounds, guttural, without any discernible meaning, just noise and sound mixing itself together.

It was then that Shinji saw Rei walking away from the stone and towards another section of the onsen to relax alone, not saying anything, just sighing every now and then, and Shinji felt like he should say something, do something...

And almost without thinking about it, without planning it, Shinji found himself moving behind Ayanami, staring at her from his standing pose, before he quickly huddled down on the onsen, turning his back to Rei’s own, before he sighed and began to talk.

”Um... I uh... what Asuka said... she... I...”

But the words felt captive, like they had been pooled in tar, and latched onto the back of his throat, unable to speak them, unable to utter them, only able to think them and watch them blossom and wither and die.

Except for the one word that was easy for him to utter.

“Sorry...” But then something happened; like a faucet being turned, it felt easier for him to speak, and Shinji felt more at ease. “I shouldn't have let her say that to you...”

Rei’s only reaction was to blink, trying to say something before sighing; if she had tried to turn, Shinji hadn’t been able to notice, his forehead touching his bended knees, staring into the serene surface of the water.

“I am able to defend myself, but...thank you. I just do not understand why Soryu has to act rude if we are fellow pil--”

“I'd... When we get back, would you mind if he hung out together?”

Shinji paused, both teens had spoken at the same moment, and Rei’s words had finally registered on Shinji’s mind, just like his own speech with Rei.

So here it was again; Finally, Shinji had spoken out, had tried to take charge, he was out there in the open, and it felt like the time he had been shot at by the fifth angel; He could feel his heart beating faster and faster, his skin and palms coated with sweat, even if there was water around him, felt his chest heaving deeper and deeper, growing hot.

“I would like that... Ikari-kun.”

And Shinjii finally managed a small, tentative smile just as Rei turned a little around to face him, most of her body still hidden behind Shinji’s own frame .

“What should we do?” The blue-haired girl asked, and Shinji looked over his own shoulder, able to see a part of Ayanami’s body, noticing it was still deep inside the water, only the top portion of her chest and skin were enticingly visible.

“Uhm... I uh... I don't know... how about horseback riding tomorrow?”

“I would enjoy that.”

It was a different feeling of sorts; not like the one he had when he was around Misato or Asuka; this one was calm, making Shinji sigh, relaxed, his smile echoing Rei’s own while casually bumping backs with her, the faint touch of skin against skin breaking off his relaxation as the brown haired boy realized he was very much aware of their nakedness, feeling a rush of embarrassment, unable to stop himself as he once again uttered an apology.

“It is alright. You should relax more...aren't hot springs meant to cleanse people mind and soul, letting them forget about worries or pressures?” Rei said soothingly, her words carrying about them an air of calmness and relaxation, like white noise used to lull someone to sleep.

“Ye-yeah... I... yeah... sorry... it's just... I'm not...” Shinji said gently, slowly closing his eyes and relaxing as best as he could, while still blushing at the casual skin on skin contact, still not used to the concept of skinship, looking down at the water running its course, feeling his bony knees against his cheek, while staring as Misato, Kaji, Maya and the guide got out of the onsen, idly wondering where were Toji, Raidon and Kensuke, or what were Asuka, Hikari and Katsuko doing.

“Yes?”

“I’m not that used to seeing girls naked.” Shinji said softly, quietly and uncomfortable, because saying it like that made it seem like Asuka and Misato did nothing but prance around naked or half naked in the apartment; and while that wasn’t entirely a lie, it didn’t mean Shinji felt comfortable saying or implying it.

Rei however remained quiet, and the muscles in her back tensed every now and then, making Shinji remain quiet, waiting for the girl to say something.

“I suppose I am surprised, considering the boys in our class tend to act excited when they see the girls and I during swimming class.”

“Well, I... I mean it's more like they like to uhm...” Shinji began, chuckled slightly and feeling at ease for the first time starting and forgetting about what had happened before, enjoying his chat with Ayanami before he realized the way this conversation was veering towards, shutting up and looking quickly over his shoulder, catching only a glimpse of Rei’s messy, damp hair, before he looked quickly away, blushing.

“What is it?”

He paused, feeling his cheeks burning, feeling his heart beating faster, before he took a deep breath of air, holding it in, as if he was about to go under water, feeling the pressure reach his ears and cancel the noises until a faint, whistling sound was the only thing Shinji could hear, letting the breath out slowly, evenly, relishing on the feeling of calmness this simple action gave him, before he spoke with a stuttering voice.

“Th-the reason why the look after you and Asuka is because you're both cute.” Shinji said quietly, before his mind completed the unspoken sentence for him. And Hikari-chan, and Katsuko-chan too.

The burning feeling on his cheeks making themselves painfully present, making the boy close his eyes tightly, encroaching onto himself, expecting Rei’s... What? A derisive laughter? An angry growl? A stoic slap to his face like when he had called his father...

“I... am?”

Or maybe a quiet question, almost as if this was the first time the concept of her being cute had been brought up to Rei’s attention; something that, oddly enough, felt like something that could happen to her, given how Rei seemed to not worry herself about the concept of brushing her hair, or using anything except for her school uniform, or the idea of nudity equaling shame.

This made Shinji blink; the only times he had lived with females, it had been with Misato, and lately with Asuka; his opinion was that women had too much free time and money in their hands, given how one of Asuka’s luggage bag had been compromised entirely of beauty products, even if the redhead had said more often than not she didn’t care if anyone BUT Kaji-san found her attractive, Misato had explained that it was the nature of every girl worth her salt to try and look good, simply because they were girls.

“You would never understand the pains we go to just to make sure you boys look at us for a mere second, Shinji-kun.” Misato had said in her usual playful tone, and Shinji had decided then and there that something was incredibly wrong with being a girl if you had to that.

Because right now, even if she had no make up, and even if her skin seemed too ghastly white to be healthy, Rei Ayanami looked cute.

Really, REALLY cute.

“I... I think you're cute...” Shinji said with a smile, unaware of Rei’s reaction, only hearing her barely-there whisper, thanking him while Shinji began to realize it was easy to be confident and open, and somehow, it felt like he had opened a door he never knew existed, or that the key had been in front of him all along; it felt cliched and too used, but it somehow fit with how he was feeling right now.

Shinji had never been the one to speak up, the one to be confident; he had always preferred to be on the sidelines, watching as the events unfolded rather than taking a central role, and many times he had been in eva, he had felt more like a stand-in waiting for the lead to show, and judging by Asuka’s actions, it was probably time for him to accept the fact that he would be number two.

And oddly, it felt alright, because Shinji knew that being the best also meant being alone.

And right here, right now, Shinji realized he didn’t care being number two if it mean he wouldn’t be alone.

So this is how it feels to have confidence? Shinji thought to himself as he realized it wasn’t that different from how it had felt when he and Rei had defeated the fifth angel, or when he and Asuka had managed to kill the sixth, up until he was reminded he was wearing Asuka’s plugsuit, or when he had seen Misato safe and sound after Jet Alone.

This was something he could get used to, the boy realized with a bigger smile.

“Your physical appearance is rather attractive as well.”

Right until Rei said that, which caused Shini’s butt to somehow slip under the water, making the boy end below the surface himself, sinking with a loud splash until he got up again, coming back to the surface with a loud gasp!, coughing out water and rubbing his face and eyes while easing his hair back.

“What is wrong?”

“Sorry, I uh... I think I slipped.”

“You do not know how to swim, correct?” Rei summarized quickly, turning to her right while Shinji turned to his left, their face coming closer, while the blue-haired girl spoke like someone would to a small child, soft, gentle tones, trying not to scare him. “You were not swimming when Second and I practiced at the pool that one time.”

The boy’s silence was all that could be heard, before Shinji quickly burrowed his face behind his knees, mumbling into himself his answer.

“I... I don't think I could do it.”

This made Rei sigh, as if she had been disappointed by Shinji’s answer and sudden retreat back to his usual self, before she spoke again, but the words sounded different, not colder but a bit more casual.

“I can help you if you'd like.”

“I... thanks, but... uhm...” Shinji said as he struggled to try and change the subject, before he remembered he had seen something interesting in the beach before renting the mopeds, a cave of sorts that he had wanted to ask Mouri-san about but hadn’t had the chance yet. “Hey, how about if after we go horseback riding tomorrow we check out some caves I saw by the beach?”

Rei blinked, apparently taken by surprise by the sudden jump from the “old” Shinji to this new one, and Shinji wondered if maybe he was trying too hard.

“I do not mind, no. Is there anything you wish to do tonight after we are done in the hot springs and after dinner is finished?”

“Anything I wish for?” The question took Shinji by surprise, and he simply shook his head before answering. “No, I don’t think so.”

Rei nodded and then got up without saying another word, her soft skin brushing against Shinji’s hair making the boy grow an interesting shade of red, but before he could say anything, he saw someone peeking at both him and Rei from behind the rock a few feet away.

Someone with red hair and piercing blue eyes.

I’m so dead.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

wyze2099
Embryo

Postby wyze2099 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:21 am

Satoru Fujikawa
Onsen
6:00 pm

Satoru had been pretty quiet for most of the day's activities so far, practically sleepwalking through most of it. Sure, it was a day away from school, but it was also a day without much ability to play video games. He supposed all this nature stuff was pretty, but really, it just wasn't his thing.

Still, the onsen caused him to perk up, in more ways than one. He was certainly glad this wasn't the kind of onsen that enabled people to wear bathing suits. It was a good old-fashioned towels-or-nothin' affair, which meant a growing adolescent like him was going to get to see some skin. Preferably that of the opposite sex; he wasn't a huge fan of sausagefests.

He'd already gotten an eyeful of Ayanami, and right then and there he wished every schoolday could be a class trip of this nature. Like most everyone else in his class, he knew of the blue-haired Eva pilot, but hadn't interacted with her. Given her tendency to stare off into space or give piercing red-pupiled stares, he'd have sworn it wasn't even possible to interact with her; plenty had tried and failed.

But somehow the Ikari kid was able to do just that. He was not only able to hold conversations with her, but they actually seemed comfortable in each other's presence. Yeah, there was still some jittery awkwardness between them -- especially now, given their naked proximity -- but this was the shy guy and the ice queen. Figures they'd speak the same language, he thought, belatedly realizing he'd been watching their interaction for a while, from quite a distance. He couldn't hear anything they were saying, nor could he read lips, but it was still interesting to watch their body language.

Ayanami finally stood up and walked away, and Satoru found that his half-hearted desire to ask her out sometime -- a desire that had been postponed and backburnered based on stories he'd heard of what her stare had done to people who tried -- was even less appealing now. How the heck was Satoru supposed to compete with whatever Ayanami and Ikari had going on? He couldn't. And there had to be something; the rumor mill had chattered as much.

And if they weren't a reliable source, surely Soryu was. Her reaction would prove to be the deciding factor, as she'd know her fellow pilots better than the rest of the class.

He just hoped no one would catch him watching.

open for interaction

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

A bond.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Rei Ayanami
6:00 PM
Onsen

“Hello.”

Shinji blinked had blinked and turned to see Rei; she was standing over the rock that was a natural divider of the onsen.

She just wanted to have a chat with him, to see how he was doing, but...

“Ikari-kun... you shouldn't go around walking like that.”

Shinji stared at Rei before he looked down to realize he was essentially flashing Ayanami, making him instantly turn a deep shade of red, covering himself with his hands in his crotch and muttering an apology so quickly, the words came out rushed and tripped.

“Gah~! Sorry! I didn't mean to! Sorry!”

“What are you yapping about now, you idiot? Are you doing anything perverted in there?” Asuka’s voice came from behind the rock, making Shinji run towards the rock and press himself against the cool surface to make sure nothing was out in the open, while Rei simply stared at him impassively, as if trying to understand his actions and the motives behind them.

“N-NO! I'm just... e-enjoying it here!”

Rei continued to stare, not having much to contribute to the conversation unless she was spoken to. Although she couldn't help but wonder why he had to act so nervous about Asuka talking to him.

“If this is their idea of a date, I don't want to know what their honeymoon is like.”

“Ko-Kotonoha-san! It's nothing like that! We were just talking in the river! The shrine maiden that came with us told us about the origin of the shrine and that was all!”

Ikari continued to sound flustered before Asuka and Kotonoha replied.

“Jeez, ease up, idiot. We’re just playing... honestly.” Asuka said finally, with a bored tone in her voice while Katsuko chimed in.

“I am confused.” Rei said in her soft, whispered tone before she walked back behind the rock.

Asuka stood in front of the girl, hands on hips, speaking in hushed tones. Naturally, Rei just stared. She really had a hard time following Asuka's intentions.

“If you invite baka over for some late night "talk" let me know so I can get out of the room... the last thing I want to see is you and that idiot sucking face.”

“WE aren't... I...” Shinji said angrily, before he trailed off.

“Are you implying sexual innuendo? Ikari-kun and I are not in such a relationship.” Rei’s voice was dispassionate, blank and neutral, as if no emotion registered over something like that.

It didn’t mean, however, that Shinji wouldn’t react like he usually did.

“It's not like that!”

“Yes, it is not.” Rei added while Asuka kept quiet for a moment, before she spoke again in a quiet, hushed, almost embarrassed tone.

“Could've fooled me...”

Rei spoke, her voice sounding focused, concise, as if the words had a reason of being uttered, sufficient in their meaning, and blunt enough to carry that meaning around. “Are you jealous that Ikari-kun and I get along well?

“What!?”

Asuka seemed flustered, but regained her composure soon enough to reply. “Of course I'm not! What the hell stupid kind of idea is that!? Why should I even care about that idiot?”

“Then if you do not care, please refrain from acting hostile to me. We are supposed to be teammates.”

Perhaps finally, finally, Soryu would understand that her treatment of Rei--and Shinji--grated on the usual quiet girl's nerves as time had gone on. Rei had no bad feelings towards Soryu--just mild annoyance-- yet Rei wished the fiery redhead could learn the wonders of being calm every so often.

“Fine! if you want to date him, go right ahead! it's not like I care!”

Soryu yet again missed the point, it seemed.

Rei shook her head to herself, leaving the other girls to sit at a section of the hot springs alone. If she couldn't enjoy bonding with other people, she could at least enjoy her solitude.

After a moment had passed, Rei felt skin pressed against skin. She realized Shinji was sitting back to back with her, yet continued to remain passive.

”Um... I uh... what Asuka said... she... I...”

“Sorry...” Apparently feeling more at ease, Shinji added, “I shouldn't have let her say that to you...”

Rei’s only reaction was to blink, trying to say something before sighing; turning her head very slightly, mainly glancing at him out of the corners of her eyes, to stare at the boy. Shinji didn't seem to notice; his forehead was touching his bended knees as he stared into the serene surface of the water.

“I am able to defend myself, but...thank you. I just do not understand why Soryu has to act rude if we are fellow pil--”

“I'd... When we get back, would you mind if we hung out together?”

“I would like that... Ikari-kun.”

And Shinjii finally managed a small, tentative smile just as Rei turned a little around to face him, most of her body still hidden behind Shinji’s own frame.

“What should we do?” The blue-haired girl asked, and Shinji looked over his own shoulder, able to see a part of Ayanami’s body.

“Uhm... I uh... I don't know... how about horseback riding tomorrow?”

Rei nodded. That sounded like it could be enjoyable. “I would enjoy that.”

Shinji sighed, relaxed, his smile echoing Rei’s own while casually bumping backs with her, the faint touch of skin against skin breaking off his relaxation as the brown haired boy realized he was very much aware of their nakedness, feeling a rush of embarrassment, unable to stop himself as he once again uttered an apology.

"It is alright. You should relax more...aren't hot springs meant to cleanse people mind and soul, letting them forget about worries or pressures?" Rei said soothingly, her words carrying about them an air of calmness and relaxation, like white noise used to lull someone to sleep.

“Ye-yeah... I... yeah... sorry... it's just... I'm not...” Shinji said gently, slowly closing his eyes and relaxing as best as he could, while still blushing at the casual skin on skin contact.

“Yes?”

“I’m not that used to seeing girls naked.” Shinji said softly, quietly and uncomfortable.

Rei however remained quiet, and the muscles in her back tensed every now and then, making Shinji remain quiet, waiting for the girl to say something.

“I suppose I am surprised, considering the boys in our class tend to act excited when they see the girls and I during swimming class.”

“Well, I... I mean it's more like they like to uhm...” Shinji began, chuckled slightly and feeling at ease for the first time starting and forgetting about what had happened before, enjoying his chat with Ayanami before he realized the way this conversation was veering towards, shutting up and looking quickly over his shoulder, catching only a glimpse of Rei’s messy, damp hair, before he looked quickly away, blushing.

“What is it?”

He paused, feeling his cheeks burning, before he spoke with a stuttering voice.

“Th-the reason why the look after you and Asuka is because you're both cute.” Shinji said quietly. The burning feeling on his cheeks making themselves painfully present, making the boy close his eyes tightly, encroaching onto himself, expecting Rei’s... What? A derisive laughter? An angry growl? A stoic slap to his face like when he had called his father...

“I... am?”

Or maybe a quiet question, almost as if this was the first time the concept of her being cute had been brought up to Rei’s attention; something that, oddly enough, felt like something that could happen to her, given how Rei seemed to not worry herself about the concept of brushing her hair, or using anything except for her school uniform, or the idea of nudity equaling shame.

Because right now, even if she had no make up, and even if her skin seemed too ghastly white to be healthy, Rei Ayanami looked cute.

Really, REALLY cute.

“I... I think you're cute...” Shinji said with a smile, unaware of Rei’s reaction, only hearing her barely-there whisper, thanking him.

"Thank you.", Rei whispered, her cheeks flushed. It was the first time she had used those words, words of gratitude, to somebody. She had never even said them to him, to that person...

"Your physical appearance is rather attractive as well.”

As off caught off guard, Shinji ended below the surface of the water, sinking with a loud splash until he got up again, coming back to the surface with a loud gasp!, coughing out water and rubbing his face and eyes while easing his hair back.

“What is wrong?"

“Sorry, I uh... I think I slipped.”

“You do not know how to swim, correct?” Rei summarized quickly, turning to her right while Shinji turned to his left, their face coming closer, while the blue-haired girl spoke like someone would to a small child, soft, gentle tones, trying not to scare him. “You were not swimming when Second and I practiced at the pool that one time.”

The boy’s silence was all that could be heard, before Shinji quickly burrowed his face behind his knees, mumbling into himself his answer.

“I... I don't think I could do it.”

This made Rei sigh, as if she had been disappointed by Shinji’s answer and sudden retreat back to his usual self, before she spoke again, but the words sounded different, not colder but a bit more casual.

“I can help you if you'd like.”

“I... thanks, but... uhm...” Shinji said as he struggled to try and change the subject, before he remembered he had seen something interesting in the beach before renting the mopeds, a cave of sorts that he had wanted to ask Mouri-san about but hadn’t had the chance yet. “Hey, how about if after we go horseback riding tomorrow we check out some caves I saw by the beach?”

Rei blinked, apparently taken by surprise by the sudden jump from the “old” Shinji to this new one, and Shinji wondered if maybe he was trying too hard.

“I do not mind, no. Is there anything you wish to do tonight after we are done in the hot springs and after dinner is finished?”

“Anything I wish for?” The question took Shinji by surprise, and he simply shook his head before answering. “No, I don’t think so.”

Rei nodded and then got up without saying another word, making her way to leave, her soft skin brushing against Shinji’s hair making the boy grow an interesting shade of red. Out of the corner of Rei's eye, she saw someone peeking at them both from behind the rock a few feet away.

Why is the Second watching us?

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Asuka Langley Soryu
Onsen
6:00 P.M.

"So, did any of you guys see those three cute guys in the beach while we were renting the scooters?"

"Um... no, I'm sorry I must have missed them."

Asuka’s smile lost some of it’s appeal when she heard Hikari’s answer but the redhead kept at it, already an expert at not letting something as banal as things not going her way bug her visibly, about to launch on an ode to the cute older boys, more than likely college students judging by their height and bodies as well as the possibility those would be somewhat more mature and sophisticated than the idiots she and her friends were being made to hang out with, seeing as how Kaji seemed to only have eyes for Misato in this trip when Hikari spoke again, only this time her tone was somewhat...

It sounded like something inbetween sadness and embarrassment, almost as if Hikari was afraid of asking a question and receiving an answer.

"Hey, Asuka... earlier, did Suzuhara really peek? I mean, when you threw the bottle? Because I thought he was actually behaving himself pretty well..."

Asuka blinked before a slight frown marred her face; she knew her friend had a soft spot for that idiot jock, God only knew why, and apparently the idea of him being an idiot and a pervert, which he was, seemed to make poor Hikari visibly ill...

Ok, so maybe ill was a stretch, but Hikari’s face seemed to be pulled into a sad sort of look, as if someone had told her her favorite manga character wasn’t going to end with the male lead, or something equally devastating for her.

So Asuka decided she should bite the bullet and make sure Hikari saw things the way they were supposed to be; it would be better for her friend to know this early that boys were stupid perverts with only one thing in their mind; to do perverted things to girls; in fact, Hikari would probably thank her for opening her eyes and letting her realize exactly what kind if a lecher was Suzuhara.

Besides, he was friends with Aida, and that twerp was renown for always trying to get upskirt pictures of the girls as they went to the floors above on school.

But something made the redhead stop; the look in Hikari’s eyes... the way her mouth was tugging down.

The way she wanted to believe that idiot wasn’t really that bad.

So Asuka decided to displace the situation as only she could; masterfully subtle.

“That’s called a pre-emptive strike Hikari; it’s a way to strike at a known enemy, in this case the stupid jock, before he does something you know he’s gonna do any way; in this case try and peek at you.”

Katsuko response if desired.

"Well, I... I don't know, I mean I think you maybe shouldn't fight with him so much? I know he can be sort of stupid sometimes, but he has a... sensitive side."

Alright... this came out of nowhere. Asuka thought; she knew Hikari had tried several times before, according to her own account, to try and get closer to Suzuhara, but every time she tried, something happened; either it was the school council schedule cutting things short, or Toji’s own stupid “Let’s go out an’ play ball” decision, or Hikari having to lay down the law whenever that idiot became too much of an idiot inside school...

Asuka sighed, for a moment understanding the tired old cliche of “old childhood friends” and how they were supposed to be around each other; the guy was supposed to be some sort of brutish, oafish idiot who was always hot headed, bad at school, and basically a delinquent, which fitted Toji to a “T”, and the girl was always the star student, student council member, class representative, and trying to make that idiot be the student and man said good girl knew he could be.

Honestly, where the hell do Japanese come up with these things?

“Look, if it makes you feel any better, I did not actually catch your sensitive idiot peeking at us, not like baka Shinji.” Asuka admitted begrudingly as she crossed her arms over he chest and tried to focus on feeling the water cleaning her every pore.

“So I guess that in a way you’re right; he did behave. That doesn’t mean he should get hit by association.” Asuka finished as she nodded to herself, sufficiently happy with her logic and how it seemed to make her actions still have a sort of ”right” behind them, flimsy and weak, but “right” nonetheless.

Hikari, Katsuko

Asuka decided to stay here while both her friends decided to get out and start getting ready for the dinner, but when Hikari walked out of the “girls” area, she bumped into her “sensitive jock”.

“Hi-- Class Rep!?”

Katsuko/Kensuke

Maybe it had been an accident, maybe it had been a comedy of errors, but for all Asuka knew, that idiot was pawning at HER friend, her NAKED friend.

So of course she had to do something to defend their collective honor.

“What the hell do you idiots think you’re doing!? I should have known better than to let you perverts get in the onsen with us!” Asuka roared as she clutched her towel against her chest, noticing how the little baka pervert turned away quickly, obviously aware that he, along with his stupid friends, were guilty and what their punishment would be.

Any other interaction.

Asuka stood her ground, towel tightly wrapped around her, even if it did little to make her feel clothed; it was, after all, a small towel, barely covering her mid thighs and it was thoroughly drenched, so it felt more like wearing a sort of plush dress, but the redhead decided to remain where she was, glaring at the troupe and challenging the idiots to face her, or to simply admit defeat and leave.

Toji was still trying to make a lame excuse, while Kensuke was trying not to be out in the open, probably afraid, and with good reason, that Asuka would punch him, and Raidon seemed to be trying to keep his cool, still sitting in the onsen, but eventually he got up and walked past them towards the door, but as soon as he got out of the pool, Shinji, and everyone, realized he had forgotten to tie his towel around.

Hikari eventually managed to push Toji away and hide behind Asuka, who was still trying to cover Katsuko, while Rei simply stood there like the idiot doll that she was; Katsuko however decided to get in a little jab and let out a long, wolfish whistle, making Raidon stop but not turn around, before he continued walking out with as much dignity as a naked teenager could muster.

Possible Toji/Kensuke interaction.[/blue]

Of course Rei took that moment to make her way towards the idiot lay, sitting behind him, the rock the only division between both pilots while Asuka simply narrowed her eyes and let out a small growl.

[color=blue]“Gah~! Sorry! I didn't mean to! Sorry!”

“What are you yapping about now, you idiot? Are you doing anything perverted in there?” Asuka shouted from behind the rock, rolling her eyes at Shinji’s idiocy while wonder doll stood there probably wondering, like the redhead did sometimes, why the heck she was bothering with this idiot.

“N-NO! I'm just... enjoying it here!”

Asuka giggled at Katsuko’s joke, enjoying Shinji’s outraged cry before she spoke in a tone she knew so well, sounding bored and detached, like it didn’t really matter before the redhead spoke again with a bored tone.

“Jeez, ease up, idiot. We’re just playing... honestly.”

Asuka simply rolled her eyes at Katsuko, cracking a smile as she turned over to Hikari who was still staring at the girls, before the redhead felt a presence behind her, turning around sharply to come face to face with Rei.

“I am confused.”

“Why am I not surprised?” Asuka grumbled under her breath, not the least impressed and in fact actually expecting Rei to state the obvious, given the blue-haired girl’s penchant for doing that over and over.

What is it with her?

“Look, Rei, If you invite baka over for some late night ‘talk’ let me know so I can get out of the room...” The redhead said stressing the talk part, adding in that inflection the hidden meaning behind it, wondering if the doll would actually get it this time. “The last thing I want to see is you and that idiot sucking face.”

“WE aren't... I...”

From the other side of the rock, Asuka heard a high squeak followed by the sound of choking, which could only mean that the idiot was actually trying to use his simple brain to exercise an answer, which was uttered at the same time as Rei spoke.

“Are you implying sexual innuendo? Ikari-kun and I are not in such a relationship.”

Rei’s voice was as blank as her face, and Asuka simply rolled her eyes at how the doll could calmly say things like “sexual innuendo” while keeping a straight face; but she figured it was better than the way Misato handled it; since anytime her drunken slob of a guardian would say something that alluded to a sexual matter, she would giggle like a retard, evoking in the redhead’s mind the image of a fratgirl about to get drunk with a funnel simply to show people she could have a good ti--

Oh right, the idiot and the doll are still talking.

“It's not like that!”

“Yes, it is not.”

“Could've fooled me...” Asuka said quietly before she simply shrugged and turned around, but apparently, Rei wasn’t happy or satisfied with the answer, because she was walking towards her, placing her hand on Asuka’s shoulder, forcing the redhead to spin around and face her.

“Are you jealous that Ikari-kun and I get along well?”

“What!?”

Asuka paled a little, not really sure of what to do or say as her body still tired to process how Rei had made the leap of logic from Asuka making fun of the idiot, to Asuka harboring any kind of feelings for said idiot, as a sense of dread the German teenager had never felt before lobed itself in her chest, making the redhead aware that maybe...

“Of course I'm not! What the hell stupid kind of idea is that!? Why should I even care about that idiot?”

Because he is like you. Her mind said back in a calm, dispassionate voice that sounded like Asuka’s but had Rei’s tone.

Because he has been there, no matter how much crap you load on him. Asuka’s inner voice spoke again, giggling like Misato, making the redhead aware of just how true this was.

Because despite your statement that you are the best, he has been able to keep a steady increase, maybe not in the same level as you, but he has been a more than adequate comrade. She heard in cold, clinical words, as if Dr. Akagi herself had delivered a summary report of her and Shinji’s piloting development.

Because he saved you back then. Asuka said to herself, and this time, the voice and the tone, the feeling and the meaning, all of what was behind this simple, lapidary statement was no one else than Asuka Langley Soryu, masks and pretensions and facades and walls torn down; a small girl dressed in green and hugging a brown plush monkey crying at her own older self, asking her silently to open up.

Before Rei’s voice brought Asuka’s mind back to the here and then, making the redhead put back her formidable defenses swiftly, quickly... never letting anything spill out or come in.

Such was the nature of Asuka Langley Soryu.

“Fine! if you want to date him, go right ahead! it's not like I care!” The redhead spat angrily as she turned and stomped her way back to where Katsuko and Hikari had remained, watching the exchange while Rei simply turned and swam away to the far end of the onsen, quickly followed by the idiot.

“So...” Asuka began with false cheeriness as she forced herself to turn to her friends and smile as if the exchange between Rei and her never took place. “Those cute guys... did you see them?

“N-no.” Hikari managed to squeak out with a fluster while Katsuko blinked pushing her glasses up her nose.

“No, where!?”

“What do you mean where? They were at the beach! Right by where we rented the mopeds...” Asuka said dreamily as she sat in between them both, passing her arms over each girl’s shoulder.

They were probably college students here on vacation.”

“Are you sure you’re not talking about Ikari, Suzuhara and Aida?” Katsuko began with a sly tone and smile as she pulled her glasses up her head, resting them against her hair while cupping some of the hot water in her hands and splashed her face, shuddering and muttering about how hot it was under her breath.

“Very funny, glasses.” The redhead said as Katsuko simply shrugged while keeping her eyes closed, which gave Asuka the opportunity take her friend’s glasses from her, keeping them out of reach from the girl, before giggling and giving them back when Katsuko gave her a puppy dog-stare. “Anyway, if that's the case, then you and Aida are a match made in heaven.”

“Ewww. Never.”

Both girls giggled while Hikari blushed, something the redhead noticed had began to become increasingly common every time the name of that stupid jock came up.

“And what about our class rep? All prim and proper, but I bet she wouldn't mind if the class jock asked her out for a moonlight stroll.” Asuka said loudly while Hikari’s blush deepened as she uttered a meek laugh before looking away as she spoke.

“I'd like that, yes.”

Asuka stayed quiet for a second while Katsuko gave her a smarmy grin; it had been common knowledge amongst the small group that consisted of the three girls and Kimie Idane that Hikari had a crush on the idiot jock, but for Hikari to accept it so readily...

“D-Don’t laugh!!”

Asuka was about to say something when she saw Shinji and Rei talking quietly amongst themselves, making the redhead frown as she noticed how Shinji and Rei...

Why?

“What does he sees in her?” The German teenager said to herself, however her closeness to her friends, as well as the way she was staring and where she was staring at left little doubt of what, and more importantly who, she was talking about.

Far away, Asuka could hear Hikari speaking, something about how they had been close before the redhead had come, and Hikari’s comment about them being both pilots cut Asuka deeply, making her answer mechanically and without thinking, a reflexive answer that was pure and honest, brutal and true.

“That doesn't make sense... I'm a pilot too!”

“You... You like Ikari-san?”

The minute Asuka said that, she closed her eyes, muttering and realizing she had done what she had tried so hard to keep away from; and all it took was turn around to see her friends face: Hikari’s face was flushed, making her freckles stand out more prominently, while Katsuko’s sported a knowing smile.

“Isn't it obvi--” Asuka shot Katsuko an angry look, making the bespectacled girl shut up, looking away while Asuka blushed angrily. “I'll shut up now...”

“Look, I... I mean... I don't...” Asuka began, looking away, not really sure of what to say, or what she wanted to say before she sneaked a look at Shinji who was sitting with his back resting on Rei’s, a slight red tinge coloring his body. “Look, he is kind of cute... in a dorky, silly-choirboy-haircut kind of way...”

This made Katsuko smile at her friend before she began to slowly and teasingly put her hands together, thumbs pressed against each other, almost touching the water while her index fingers pressed their tips together as well, curving at the top, making her hands be together in the shape of a heart that made Asuka stifle a choke, blushing while Hikari put her hands to cover her mouth, muffling her giggles, before the redhead grabbed Katsuko’s hands and pushed them underwater.

“Ka-chan! Stop it!”

“It's sweet though...I think you would look cute together, Asuka.” Hikari said, smiling pleasantly while Katsuko kept a mischievous smile, staring at the redhead, making Asuka look down, her features softening up a little before she looked away quickly, angrily, making her red hair cover her face like a curtain covering a picture.

“Hikari, stop, come on... if anything this is the best thing in this day...”

“So you really think they're hooking up... I'm so sorry, Asuka.”

“Bah! First of all, the idiot needs to be manlier than he is right now for me to take interest in him...” Asuka retorted angrily and flustered, blushing and speaking hurriedly, as if she wanted to get away from this topic as soon as possible. “Second of all, he needs to do something incredibly... uh... sweet, like.. I dunno..”

“Like... jump in a volcano to save you...?” Katsuko supplied helpfully, grabbing the cloth on the top of her head and using it to towel off the sweat from her forehead, never losing her smile while the redhead did a double take, staring worriedly first at Katsuko, then at Hikari who almost imperceptibly shook her head, since Asuka had confided to Hikari what Shinji had done for her, a few weeks back; all of it, saving some things but eventually opening up to her friend about the mission in Mount Asama, the fat suit, the angel, how it seemed like she was descending into the center of the earth itself...

“Wh-what? What did you just say?”

“Nothing important~” Katsuko said in a sing-song voice before Asuka turned to Hikari.

But... he did save me. The redhead thought before she noticed Hikari giving her a look that seemed to imply she was feeling pity for her, something that made the young redhead speak in a soft, meek tone, completely alien, and different given Asuka’s tendency to speak in a bold overtone, loud and unapologizing..

“Look... I uh...” The pilot of unit 02 began as she gave Shinji and Rei a guarded look, quickly turning away as the other pilots seemed to lean in closer to each other, the redhead’s mind playing tricks on her, whispering subtlety how she had lost to a doll, how he had preferred Rei...

How she was nothing but a cheap replacement.

“He... we had this thing, and he kind of uh... saved me...” Asuka’s words were soft and almost impossible to hear, as she lowered herself more into the water, her lips mere inches away from the water surface. “In a volcano.”

There was a brief moment of silence before Katsuko raised her hand ecstatically, almost as if she had won a coveted prize as Hikari smiled at the normally reserved girl’s antics.

“Called it!”

“You idiot! it's not a joke! I... I was...” This close to dying. Asuka’s mind finished for her, while she continued her denial. “I was about to get out anyway... he simply...”

He simply what? Asuka taunted herself in the deep confines of her mind, a sarcastic, sneering tone as her own psyche folded onto itself, attacking the redhead and making fun cruelly of herself while her friends kept silent, knowing full well that when Asuka was trying to “explain” what had “really happened”, it was best to let the German speak her mind.

“He just wanted to make sure that I--” Was alive. Her inner self once again said, but this time, the voice was calm, almost happy, echoing until it eventually disappear while Asuka kept explaining it all.

“He was just making sure I hadn't scratched my unit or something... so it's no big, ok?”

“Well, that's still sweet of him. Doesn't that count?” Katsuko said in a simple tone, as if that was the most obvious thing to wonder about; not about synch rates and social standing, not about favorites and ongoing feuds, it was a simple question, one that Asuka realized she hadn’t asked herself yet.

If he did that for me, without him asking anything in return, should I be... grateful? The redhead asked herself before she felt her face growing hot, as she sneaked a quick look at the idiot who was still in the distance, sighing and looking up at the darkening sky before she turned away, shrugging in what she hoped seemed an unaffected way.

“Yeah... I guess it does...”

“Well... if you want him, you should fight for him, right?” Hikari said after a brief silence making Katsuko and Asuka stare at the normally shy and quiet class representative, while Hikari’s eyes flared with determination, clenching her fists close to her face, and with a dangerous smile in her freckled face while Asuka registered out of the periphery the idiot looking left and right quickly, as if to make sure he was covered by the water and the towel.

“... I want him?” Asuka repeated dumbly while Katsuko flashed her an encouraging smile accompanied by a vigorous head nod.

“Sure you do.”

Asuka was about to launch herself into a self-denial rant when Hikari stepped in, elbowing Katsuko who looked away as she realised she had spoken more than she should have, once again.

“I mean... not literally; Ayanami is a nice girl, but... don't just let him walk away.”

This made the redhead blink before she slowly turned to the topic of the conversation once more, wondering how a nice chat about college guys and possible summer romance had turned into her and Shinji’s couple dynamic, and it seemed like that was the norm around them, every time something happened, every time both were in the same geographical area, the topic of conversation, at least for her, seemed to be the idiot and herself.

Of course, that was when she saw Shinji blush once more, utter a scream and slip as his face disappeared underwater, reappearing seconds after , gasping and coughing and easing his wet hair back, making an ass out of himself.

“Oh, right, how could I forget he’s the epitome of manliness...” The German redhead said with a flat tone even as her eyes rolled up in annoyance but her lips cracked a minuscule smile, something that managed to make Katsuko and Hikari giggle as well.

“Look, can we leave the idiot alone?” Asuka said flustered before she turned and reached behind her for her towel. “Besides, we should get changed... one of the shrine maids here said we were invited to have dinner with them.”

Both Hikari and Katsuko nodded and did the same, all three girls covering and obscuring themselves and their bodies as best as they could with the towels the shrine maidens had provided, before stepping up, and Asuka noticed Shinji was still staring dumbly at Rei who was just standing up, not really caring Shinji could see her but of her whole naked body, for the matter before the blue haired freak walked away without a care in the world.

Maybe it had been Hikari’s and Katsuko’s encouragement, or maybe it had simply been the dumb look on Shinji’s eyes as Rei walked away, but something made Asuka snap, made her crave for Shinji’s eyes on her, demand for Shinji’s attention on HER.

And so, she did it the only way Asuka knew how to.

“Hey idiot!”

“Huh? wh--” Shinji said as he turned around, before his eyes locked on Asuka’s and a look of what could only be described as fear flashed through his mind, something Asuka shrugged off as she began to walk past him, shooting him a nasty glare when she was exactly next to him, Katsuko and Hikari trailing behind.

“We're getting out! Don't you dare peep!”

To Asuka’s chagrin, Shinji remained quiet, but the redhead kept her eyes glued on the wooden door, passing by some other guy who had come by who tried really hard to make it look like he hadn’t been oogling at her and her friends.

Damn perverts.

----- -----

“We should do something tomorrow, do any of you have any ideas?” Asuka began as soon as the three girls had made their way inside the small room designed to be used as changing rooms, and all three began to towel themselves dry and get changed, Asuka subrepticiously checking out Hikari’s and Katsuko’s body noticing with envy that Katsuko’s breast were, indeed, bigger than hers, while Hikari tried to cover herself even in front of the other girls.

“I know! I wanted to swim in the ocean.” Katsuko mumbled as she put on a tanktop, pulling it down and covering her chest before she turned to her friends, while Hikari kept showing Asuka her bare back, finally putting on her shirt before she started to comb her still wet hair, putting it in her usual style of twin pony tails anchored at the base of her neck.

“I... hadn't thought of it. Do you think they'll let us deep sea dive eventually? It's really frustrating that they told us we could do that all the way over but now we can't...”

Asuka arched an eyebrow as she held a scrunchie on her lips, dressed in the clothes she had wore at the beginning, a pair of comfortable shorts, a loose enough shirt and her sneakers, tying her hair in a high ponytail as opposed to her usual way.

“Yeah I know...” the redhead said, frowning; it had been so unlike Kaji to prohibit her anything, so she assumed he had to have a good reason, but at the same time...

“Well, we could...” Asuka began before suddenly, the redhead thought of something, her eyes holding a mischievous look while her face sported a teasing smile making Hikari arch one of her eyebrows when she noticed this while Katsuko blinked after putting on her glasses, looking form one girl to the other.

“Look, check this out...” Asuka began in her usual “I have a plan” tone, while Hikari was already opening her mouth to, no doubt, say something boring like there were rules for a reason before Katsuko interrupted her, jumping up with her hand held high and a wide smile on her face.

“I’m in!”

Asuka smiled at Katsuko before she turned to Hikari who was now outnumbered, something the freckled girl knew so well as she simply gave a defeated sigh before Asuka began to explain her plan.

“Suppose we took the ferry to Geruma and from there, we rent a scooter to check out the island... we can tell Mouri-san we're going to Fukaji observato--”

“But isn't that off limits?” Hikair cut in, making Asuka stop as she remembered Kaji’s words.

“Yeah, you’re ri-- wait, wait... didn't Kaji-san say only the bridge between Aka and Geruma was off limits?”

Both Hikari and Katsuko shook their heads, mumbling and muttering that they weren’t sure which made Asuka smile broadly.

“So, technically, we can still go to Aka island’s Nishihama beach.” The redhead continued as all three girls exited the quarters and began to walk towards the inner shrine, the woods already becoming alive with the sounds of nature as the sun gradually began to set in the west, showering everything in a orangey-red shade.

“From there, well... I mean... we could ‘get lost’ and end up scuba diving into the pyramids.”

“I... if you're sure.” Hikari said after a beat, as if she had tried to find a loophole or a way to weasel her way out, but at the same time, Asuka could see in Hikari’s eyes she did want to be a part of this... all she needed was just a small push in the right direction.

“We'd need the scuba equipment to dive... would they give it to us there?”

“Oh, we can get those, leave them to me!” Asuka said with a smile as she hooked her arms on Katsuko’s and Hikari’s, smiling at both girls while Katsuko nodded enthusiastically and Hikari was a bit more hesitant at first.

“Besides, it'll be fine... I have tons of experience scuba diving.” Asuka said taking her time to make sure the words drove her point across, before Hikari finally nodded and lowered her head, admitting defeat.

“I... guess I'm in too...”

“So, that way, we can leave those idiot boys behind...” Asuka said as said idiot trio plus two, Kensuke, and that other idiot from the onsen, walked from the other side of the garden, chatting and, Asuka was sure, probably planning how to sneak a peek at them again...

Perverts.

“And then?” Hikari asked after a beat, and Asuka could see a faint blush on her cheek, probably due to her having seen Toji, dressed like a bum in cargo shorts and a sleeve-less shirt and showing off his height and tan and muscles while next to him, Shinji actually seemed to try and have a good time; a little anxious, sure... but trying and chatting and chuckling every now and then, nonetheless.

Idiot.

“Then we come back later in the day.” Asuka said while Hikari nodded, and Katsuko looked up, placing her finger on her lips, deep in thought before she spoke.

“Maybe if you found one of your alleged 'college students' they could, uh... you know?” Katsuko muttered in a gentle whisper, a bright blush coloring her cheeks, making the other two girls blush accordingly at the prospect of adventure, and hanging out with older, more mature boys than the idiots they had to suffer.

Asuka wondered idly what she would do if the time came. before she shook her head, trying to divert her thoughts, and ignoring the aching in her chest and the heat in her cheeks.

“You're right! I saw them chatting with this guy in the hotel...” Asuka said as she slammed her fist on her open palm, the palm slowly becoming more and more clearer while the entrance to the inner shine, as well as the sounds of people chatting and exchanging stories began to grow louder. “Maybe they can help us get some tanks and gear!”

“Yeah!”

“That's such a great plan, Asuka!”

“I know! This is gonna be great; We'll tell Mouri-san we'll go tomorrow to Nishihama... and from there, we'll wing it.” the redhead said as Katsuko approved vocally and Hikari nodded silently while the three girls entered the outer part of the inner shrine, taking off their shoes, cleaning their feet carefully and then stepping inside before Asuka turned to her two best friends and gave them a wink and a charming smile.

“What could possibly go wrong?”

Return to “Role-Playing Related”