[RP] The Evangelion Summer Vacation

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Interactions.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:15 am

Rei Ayanami
12:05 PM
Outside, on the beach.

"You two! Sneaking off from the rest of the class, huh? Planning on making out or something?"

Rei blinked. Second was strange.

Rei calm as usual, replied, "Hello, Second. Ikari-kun and I want to go horseback riding. What do you think?"

"Uh, I'm gonna head back to have lunch now...", Ikari began to say.

Some of the classmates approached Shinji. She recognized Aida and Suzuhara at least.

She overheard some talk of going to the shrines, when suddenly, Asuka grabbed her!

Asuka interjected, sounding irritated before letting Rei go. "We should ALL go horseback riding," she said firmly. "And then we can go to the shrine if everyone wants."

A male classmate showed up. Rei believed his name was Watanabe? Rei had seen him before, of course, but didn't know him that well. She just ignored what he had to say: if he wasn't a classmate she knew well or somebody from Nerv, then she had no time for them.

She heard the Second speak up, telling that boy to stop whatever he was doing.

"Honestly, it's people like you that make Japanese hate foreigners so much! You're crude and pathetic and I bet that wimpy Shinji could beat you up!"

"Sorry." Ikari-kun had said for some reason. Rei wondered why Shinji had to apologize so much for things that were not his fault.

Asuka turned to glare at Shinji, hands on her hips. "If you want to go horseback riding with friends like your fellow pilots, you'll have to do it without that idiot, because we're decent enough not to associate with him! Right, Rei?"

Under the impression this meant Raidon was some sort of delinquent, Rei nodded and responded calmly. "Yes, I agree."

"Uhm... I... the thing is..." Shinji tried to grind out the words, but Asuka's glare and Rei's passive face made him sigh before he even heard the blue-haired girl's answer. "Yes, Asuka."

So it seemed like the first thing on the agenda was horseback riding. That was good. Rei hoped she and the others would have an enjoyable time.

She glanced at Ikari-kun for a brief moment. Talking to him in private about things, without any interruptions: How he is faring, if he finally feels comfortable with the Eva, things of that nature... It would be nice, but...

But, Rei could wait. One thing at a time is a good approach to take to life.

Rei interacts with the others.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:52 am

Raidon Watanabe
Day 1, 12:19pm
Southern Beach

After checking in to the room shared with Toji, Shinji, and Kensuke, he ditched the usual school uniform for a worn pair of khaki cargo shorts, and his latest shirt shipped from the States, displaying the "Don't Tread on Me" flag. Stretching out on his back, he still could not feel at ease. The scar tissue on his ankle itched as he instinctively reached for a knife he wasn't allowed to bring.

The habu, himehabu, and hai coral snake made him cringe in a nervous twitch. If he just had some hemp rope, barbed wire, or something to lay down as a perimeter, he would feel a little better.

The introduction in Meeting Room A was rather productive, he had to admit. At least he knew he had options available to him. However, he was now stuck with a dilemma.

Watanabe set the bookmark in place in his copy of "Iron John", and stared out to the sea. He didn't want to isolate himself here, not when he had the opportunity staring him in the face to finally get along with the others. Yet, he knew in the back of his mind he had to tackle this matter first.

Things had become more stressful than usual with school, and dealing with his father. Raidon thought about it, and the Heitate Jingu shrine would do just fine.

Before he could take the ferry, though, the thought of being on a horse again after so long felt right. He just needed to find a small group that wanted to give that a go.

Grumbling under his breath, he thought about the other classmates, how they would make fun of him for riding Western style. Well, there were plenty of sticks and rocks around, should he need to bury a few. Who said everyone had to come back in one piece?

It was then he noticed familiar voices to his left. Ayanami and Ikari seemed to be a nice pair to know. At least, they wouldn't complain too much if he didn't get too wild. Then, however, the redhead had to make her way into the picture. There were days, very rarely, he could exchange a few peaceful words. Raidon wanted to try, but as he had told Misato, much to her concern, he'd rather be pistol whipped than deal with Asuka most days of the week.

Suddenly, it seemed the whole crew were squawking at each other over some new drama. Or rather, it was Asuka and Shinji doing a lot of the squawking. Standing up, dusting off his khakis, he took a deep breath. It was time to figure this out, one way or another.

Walking up to the group, Raidon waved slightly, halting at a respectable distance from them. "I was planning on taking a horse for a ride, maybe visit the shrine afterwards," he stated flatly. "Know of any groups that are going that way?"

He felt the others' eyes burrowing under his skin. He hated this part, how others would study him, wonder how worthy he was to be there, talking to him. Man, he really wanted his knife.

Open to first person who wants to speak

"Sounds like an idea," he answered, turning to Katsuko. "There's something I have to take care of alone when I get to the shrine, but I could use some company en-route." He knew the others figured it out by now, how uncomfortable he was. He had a tendency to talk too much. Clenching his toes in his steel-toed hiking boots, he tried his best to hide the stress of his next move. "If you wanted to join me, Katsuko, I'd appreciate the company."

Katsuko response

Immediately, Asuka seemed to glare at him in her typical accusing stare. Watanabe felt his hands reflexively form fists. He was supposed to be better than this, but he couldn't control what had been honed into an involuntary reflex.

Asuka response

"...Right," Raidon started. Still, he hadn't bothered to really look over Kotonoha. Turning to Katsuko, which seemed to both unnerve her and Asuka, he scanned the girl's figure. "Meh, she's cute, but she doesn't need to show anything off to accomplish that." Blinking as he worked his head back to glare at Soryu, he added, gesturing to his pectorals, "Besides, you're smaller."

If the McCulloh brothers were here, he could just see their reaction, slapping their knees, adding a few extra comments, maybe a few jovial vulgarities. As the situation played out in reality, however, it did not go so well.

Optional Hikari response

"It seemed the thing to do..."

Raidon tries to nap on the beach, but talks and argues to Katsuko and Asuka, respectively. Kensuke post will be up sometime this weekend. Been working 12 hour shifts (3pm-3am) periodically the last few weeks, and burnt out.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Shigeru Aoba
12:15 P.M.
Meeting Room A

Just as he was about to go up and talk to Ibuki, Misato came crashing into him, boob and all. All of a sudden their arms were linked together, and they looked like some modern married couple one would see in a supermarket-shelf bridal magazine. Aoba imagined the title: "Sun and Sandals... and Something Else!"...

Aoba picked a shitty day to wear his favorite sleeveless shirt. Not to say that it wasn't awesome-- it was a shirt with a big logo of the Blue Hearts on it, his favorite J-punk band. Hell, was released when their single Linda Linda came out; therefore it was awesome-- not too many pre-2nd Impact bands had survived with their memorabilia intact.

But now Captain Katsuragi's warm, soft left arm was linked with his toned, muscular right arm. As awesome as that was, he could see Kaji seething from the corner of his eye. Whatever game Katsuragi was playing, though, he figured he'd play along. No need to shove her away and cause trouble. Why make a scene, right?

The chef approached. "That's your girlfriend?" He inquired, looking a little put-off at Misato's antics. Aoba took the reference to his masculinity as a complement, though he certainly had no idea as to why Misato would refer to him as a girl. Maybe it was the hair... his mother had always bugged him about cutting it shorter... wait-- this still didn't make any sense.

"Ahh, no! silly me--" Katsuragi exclaimed, waving her hand as to indicate an error, "Just a word-slip. I'm a little hung-over, that's all. This is my boyfriend, Shigeru Aoba!" She said, trying to come off as honest as possible.

Shigeru raised an eyebrow at first, but then Misato shot him a look of death. He knew that she liked to play these kind of games however, so he decided that his best option was to play along. Maybe it would be over soon.

Aoba was about to wave, but chose against being too friendly. Instead he graced the chef with a nod.

The Chef seemed to accept this as some kind of confirmation of the blatantly false pairing. He turned away. Misato, on her part, turned to Maya and started talking to her in an angry voice.

"Maya, what was that all about?"

He exhaled a sigh of relief. Maybe he could stop getting involved with other people's affairs for once. He looked down. His and Katsuragi's arms were still linked. This was getting to be one sweaty affair.

He looked up only to see the chef approaching them in a Hawaiian shirt, plaid shorts and green flip-flops. What?

"I'm taking the rest of the day off." He noted. "Just checked in with the manager. I haven't been on a nature trip on a long, long time."

Since when does a staff member want to take a tour... Now a temporary annoyance had turned into a festering pain-in the ass. Aoba nudged Katsuragi with their still-linked arms.

"Huh?"
She asked.

Her jaw dropped. It looked like the unwelcome interloper was here to stay.

Aoba silently wondered how long this charade would keep up and what the aftermath would be when it failed. This chef already gave him the creeps.

I figure we can give the chef a shot. See the discussion page for more info. It leaves some room for further interaction with Maya, Misato, and Kaji.

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby fadingreminder » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Misato Katsuragi
Meeting Room A

Thanks for being reliable, Maya...

Misato couldn't help feeling out of place with Kaji coming in from the side, Aoba linking arms with her, the Chef approaching and trying to join in, and, overhearing the sound of Asuka's voice in a typical tone of accusation that Misato had already grown to memorize and Shinji's pleas of protest, also all-too-familiar to her, coming from just outside the doorway, near the beach.

This is definitely up there on the "Top 10 Worst Hangover Experiences" list, along with the time Pen^2 got that wind-up toy monkey with the cymbals... Oh, Pen-Pen, he's still upstairs!

"Ah, I'm not even dressed for the occasion! I'm afraid I'm not quite ready for adventure yet, everyone... I need to change into something more 'beach-appropriate', care to join me, Maya?" Misato spouted hurriedly, in her best this-is-totally-not-some-stupid-excuse tone.

"If you'll all please excuse me..." Misato began to step away, unwinding her arm from Aoba's.

Dammit, the elevator is over there... No avoiding it, I'll have to walk in Kaji's direction... Looks like he's already perusing the "local delicacies" too, that jerk...

Trying to slip between Kaji and Ran to purposely get under his skin, she caught part of their conversation.

"...As you can see, I'm sure the others would like to explore the island as well."

Mind your own damned business...

"Well, that's what I wanted to talk about... how about if we let the children wander through the island by themselves?"

This is a matter of debate? Is she trying to get Kaji alone so she doesn't have to play babysitter? Quick, easy, and willing to work the angles, she sounds right up his alley...

Inviting herself into the passing conversation, Misato chimed in, "I don't think that should be a problem. We can trust a few of those kids with much more dangerous situations, besides, they've been cooped up on the boat for so long and this is an exciting vacation for them... Why not leave them to their own devices for a while and we can worry more about 'schedules' tomorrow? Besides, without having to worry about looking after all of the student body, some people can worry about another type of body..." Misato couldn't help shooting Kaji a coy, yet venomous smirk as she spoke, then looked to Ran. "Wouldn't you agree? Besides, I'm sure you'd rather attend to... other matters first?"

She certainly seems perky... Maybe he's looking for a more varied palette?

Misato pressed the elevator button and waited.

Open to interaction from anyone, reactions from Aoba, Maya, Kaji, Ran, the Chef.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 am

Asuka Soryu
12:23 PM
Beach

"I... uh... I me-mean uhm..."

"Hello, Second. Ikari-kun and I want to go horseback riding. What do you think?"

Asuka considered for a few moments. Horses could be fun, she decided, and going as a group would be an interesting experience...

"Uh, I'm gonna head back to have lunch now..."

What?! He barely even gave her a chance to answer! That jerk! He started walking off, but it looked as though the other stooges, Hikari, Katsuko, and some boy who she didn't really remember were approaching. She heard him ask what they wanted, and heard the boy reply that he too was interested in horseback riding.

Well then they'd all go! Asuka grabbed Rei because she was too useless to walk herself, and joined the crowd.

"We should ALL go horseback riding," she said firmly. "And then we can go to the shrine if everyone wants."

"Sounds like an idea," the boy said. His accent was obviously American, and the message on his shirt had been outdated a couple hundred years ago. "There's something I have to take care of alone when I get to the shrine, but I could use some company en-route. If you wanted to join me, Katsuko, I'd appreciate the company."

Shameless. "I wouldn't bother going, Ka-chan," Asuka cut in. "He looks like a creep."

"...Right." The boy turned to Katusko, and with obviously lustful eyes, started checking her out! Even Asuka's father--

"Meh, she's cute, but she doesn't need to show anything off to accomplish that. Besides, you're smaller." The boy gestured to his pecs.

Asuka's rolled her eyes. "Honestly, it's people like you that make Japanese hate foreigners so much! You're crude and pathetic and I bet that wimpy Shinji could beat you up!"

Someone apologized for something. Asuka ignored him or her firmly, as it wasn't the jerk who NEEDED to apologize.

She turned to Shinji. "If you want to go horseback riding with friends like your fellow pilots, you'll have to do it without that idiot, because we're decent enough not to associate with him! Right, Rei?"

Asuka turned to Rei, hoping desperately that she'd stay the useless lump she always was and cooperate. If she didn't...

It didn't matter! "Yes, Asuka..."

She'd won! She'd really won!

Raidon pisses Asuka off, so she gives Shinji an ultimatum contingent on Rei's decision, except that Eric posted first and Shinji is now my love slave >:3 .
Last edited by Legendary on Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:36 am

Ryoji Kaji
Hotel Lobby
12:45

"I don't think that should be a problem. We can trust a few of those kids with much more dangerous situations, besides, they've been cooped up on the boat for so long and this is an exciting vacation for them... Why not leave them to their own devices for a while and we can worry more about 'schedules' tomorrow?"

Kaji blinked at Misato, but she did have a point; the trip here had been nothing less than tiring, and the children were ready to cut lose, maybe letting them on their own devices wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"Besides, without having to worry about looking after all of the student body, some people can worry about another type of body..."

Now, this made Kaji frown; Misato's voice seemed playful, but her look said otherwise and Kaji had known her for long enough to know when something was bugging her, come-hither smile or not.

"Wouldn't you agree? Besides, I'm sure you'd rather attend to... other matters first?"

Ran blinked, not really understanding what Misato was commenting before the lights clicked in her head.

"You're right! I was just telling Mr. Kaji that if we let the children deal with these first days by themselves and only offer them locations to visit, they would have much more fun!"

Kaji rolled his eyes, about to say something when Misato walked past him and pressed the elevator button, while Ran left to go talk to the other group, which ended up giving the spy the opening he had been looking for, waiting for the precise moment when the elevator doors opened, and Misato stepped in before he quickly followed, pressing the button to close those same doors behind him.

"Oh, I get it, let me guess, one of Kaji's classic lines: 'Going down, Miss?'"

"We need to talk." Kaji said, ignoring her and her angry glares before resting his back against the door, hands inside the pockets of his shorts. "I'm under the impression that you are mad at me for something."

"Why the hell wouldn't I be mad?! After that stunt you pulled last night... I should have known better than to let my guard down around you... I can't even remember it!" Misato shouted, grimacing and closing her eyes at the sound of her own voice before she crossed her arms, turning away from Kaji, before she said in a very low voice, almost as if she didn't want no one else but him to hear this.

"Which is good, I guess... Why would I want to remember disappointment..."

Kaji opened his mouth to speak before the elevator dinged, signaling the arrival of the floor, opening the doors where the spy was resting, making him fall on his back as Misato sidestepped him, walking with purpose to her room, while Kaji scrambled to get up and try and go after her.

"Wait, Misato!" The spy shouted as he reached her door and got a hold of her arm, spinning her around and pinning her against the threshold, staring at her...

Before Misato slapped the spy and slipped inside her room, and the only thing Kaji could notice was the throbbing pain in his cheek before he sighed and decided to give her some space, entering the elevator and making his way down to the lobby, where he met Ran, Maya and Aoba and the chef.

"So, where to?" Kaji said as he looked at his phone, Malcolm should be arriving at the site in an hour tops, hopefully everything would be running around smoothly.

----- -----

Shinji Ikari
Beach
12:34

In light of what had happened right now, Shinji had to admit, so far, westerners had a way of annoying each other out.

"Honestly, it's people like you that make Japanese hate foreigners so much! You're crude and pathetic and I bet that wimpy Shinji could beat you up!"

"Both of you stop it, please! You're insulting each other and everyone around you!"
Hikari exclaimed as she turned to Raidon before she berated the boy. "You can't say things like that, don't you have any manners? I don't know what the problem between you and Asuka is, but leave her body out of it! Now you better apologize!"

Shinji blushed at the mention of bodies; it seemed like this place had a way of making them all the more obvious; the hot, blazing sun, sea smell, palm trees and sweet milky smell of coconuts on the air... it was something intoxicating even.

"Katsuko could've decided for herself if he was a creep or not; you didn't have to say something like that in front of everyone!"

Hikari was right, of course, but Shinji couldn't help but wonder what if... what if he could be a little more like Raidon, or Asuka; speak up, and say what was on his mind but right now, the only thing he could think of was how had he ended up being pulled in into something that felt like a confrontation?

So Shinji did the only thing he could think that was effective in a situation like this...

"Sorry."

However his apology fell on deaf ears as Asuka trudged forth, ignoring anything and everything, until she set her sights on Shinji, making the boy fidget.

"If you want to go horseback riding with friends like your fellow pilots, you'll have to do it without that idiot, because we're decent enough not to associate with him! Right, Rei?"

"Uhm... I... the thing is..." Shinji tried to grind out the words, but Asuka's glare and Rei's passive face made him sigh before he even heard the blue-haired girl's answer. "Yes, Asuka."

"That sounds all fine and dandy, but both of you are pretty despicable right now."

Shinji looked up to see Katsuko; the girl seemed clearly upset, a light blush on her face as she glared at Raidon and Asuka, the sun making her glasses flare up every now and then.

"You should know better than to be so careless, Raidon; a little tact is nice, and there's just some things you don't say. And Asuka, you just had to provoke him, didn't you? You know his buttons are bright red and hard to miss!"

Shinji sighed, Katsuko was right, of course; Raidon had been impolite and Asuka had been... Asuka... Rei and him, they had both learned not to pay too much attention to her, but right now, it felt like the group itself was dividing itself; breaking up at the seams as they were all being put in the position of choosing a side, either with Asuka, or Raidon.

"You know what? Both of you can count me out; I just don't want to look at either of your faces right now."

Or being alone. Something that Shinji was sued to... but it felt wrong, especially two weeks of being on vacation and not being able to talk to his friends simply because of this.

He hoped he could do something, say something...

"Katsuko! Katsuko, wait!"

Which was when Hikari ran after the girl, while Shinji could simply stay there and watch this; unable, or unwilling, to act.

----- -----

Ran Mouri
Hotel Lobby
1:00

Well, that was odd. Ran thought as Kaji all but pushed the older woman inside the elevator, before she shrugged and made her way to the other chaperons, noticing what's-his-name along with long haired dude and short haired chick...

I really need to get their names; I can't rely on Kaji to be my main point of contact. The girl thought to herself as she approached them, putting on her best smile.

"Hey, Mr. Kaji and I were talking and we decided to let the children be by themselves these next couple of days, let them investigate the island at their leisure... but I guess that means I'll be free today so I was thinking of renting a moped and going to the Shrine... wanna come with me?" Ran said before giving the brown haired girl a mischievous look and speaking in a sing-song voice.

"It has an onsen~"

"I'll do it! I'll go with you! I'd love to!"

Ran smiled, at least this girl would accompany her to the onsen. She had always enjoyed going there; the place itself gave off a very nice vibe, calming and soothing and the mineral water always kept her skin nice and smooth; she could hardly wait!

And then she realized she should probably get their names, since calling them "hey you" or any variation thereof would be kind of rude.

"Oh, by the way, I never caught your names..."

Just then, the whole class of 2-A entered, making Ran offer them a small, apologetic smile as she walked to them.

"Alright kids, if you have your activities ready, let me take a look at them, today will be a self activity day, so you can get a feeling about the island, remember to keep your cellphones at all times, and call us if something happen!"
Last edited by Eric Blair on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 am

Maya Ibuki
Day 1, 1:00pm
Hotel Lobby

Maya was relieved to see that Aoba and possibly Misato took her maneuver in good stride. Soon however a man who worked at the resort (perhaps he was a waiter?) came up to them in an unpleasant tone, exchanging almost indignant words with Misato about Aoba, who she called... her boyfriend?!?! Next the strange man finally left and Misato was giving her a 'gee, thanks' look. Maya couldn't help noticing that the Captain and Shigeru were still practically holding eachother, and the varying levels of awkward confusion left her unable to formulate a quick response. Inexplicably, however, they were again interrupted by the rude waiter in a new outfit. He had somehow gotten permission to take the day off and was intent on hanging out with all of them, uninvited.

Next thing she knew, Misato motioned for Maya to join her on a return trip to the rooms to get changed. But I'm already changed, she thought. Since Katsuragi hadn't really waited for any kind of response, Ibuki thought maybe the suggestion was part of another ruse, and considering her previous performance in that capacity, she thought best to just do nothing. ...Did I upset her too or was it just the waiter?

Watching her walk off and Agent Kaji chasing after her, she had neglected to notice the simultaneous approach of Ran Mouri in the foreground. (!!!) Brown bangs dangled and waved before a pair of bright blue eyes as the guide smiled, speaking to them. Instantly Maya was fidgeting with her hands together, elbows locked and arms crossed in front of her.

"Hey, Mr. Kaji and I were talking and we decided to let the children be by themselves these next couple of days, let them investigate the island at their leisure... but I guess that means I'll be free today

O///O

so I was thinking of renting a moped and going to the Shrine

O///O

...wanna come with me?"

O///O

"It has an onsen~"

"I'll do it! I'll go with you! I'd love to!" Maya raised a hand to volunteer, looking more like she was waving or about to flash the peace sign. She attempted not to sound too eager with this outburst, but the tremble in her voice, along with everything else about her body language, probably betrayed this. Whatever her colleague Aoba might have been saying was a mile away in her thoughts, and that insipid waiter standing beside her was a nonentity altogether. Instead, in her mind, she was already riding a moped holding onto Mouri-san, and--

"Oh, by the way, I never caught your names..."

Just as Maya was about to introduce herself, Ran had to step away to speak to the class again. This allowed her to catch and stop her runaway thoughts. We don't know anything about eachother, and I'm making a fool of myself, aren't I... She closed her eyes a moment, embarrassed, trying to regain some composure. This isn't like me at all... could it be the 'pure female energy'? Not one to really believe in things like that, she stifled her blushing laughter.

(open to interaction with anyone)
Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Katsuko Kotonoha
Day 1, 12:19pm
Beach

Katsuko joined up with Asuka and Hikari, who had apparently been trying to decide on what to do. Both of them were sporting bikinis, which revealed much of their form to the world; the view made Katsuko shiver with self-consciousness as that breeze brushed against her skin again.

"Hey Ka-chan!" Asuka said brightly. "What do you think would be fun to do?"

"Uhm, well..," the girl eyed the shoreline once more. "I really wanted to go swimming in the ocean. It's been so long since I've been abl--, where are you going??"

Before Katsuko could even finish, Asuka had turned around and ran down the beach line. After exchanging a glance with Hikari, Katsuko shrugged and followed Asuka to see what was up. Not before too long, her and Hikari could see that Asuka had dropped in on Rei and Shinji.

They made it just on time hear Asuka's proposal: "We should ALL go horseback riding. And then we can go to the shrine if everyone wants." It seemed to Katsuko that Asuka had been butting into people's business (no surprise, considering the victims here). More people besides her and Hikari seemed to be joining in as well; Toji and Kensuke were among them.

So much for being able to swim without those eyeballs staring at me.

Raidon was also amongst the people grouped around the speakers. He must have noticed her: "Sounds like an idea. There's something I have to take care of alone when I get to the shrine, but I could use some company en-route. If you wanted to join me, Katsuko, I'd appreciate the company."

Katsuko was about to respond positively to him -- she really was -- but before a breath of air could escape her lips, Asuka interrupted.

"I wouldn't bother going, Ka-chan," Asuka cut in. "He looks like a creep."

She was about to shoot a disapproving glare to her -- she really was -- but before even the slightest curve could cross her brow, Raidon interrupted.

"...Right," Katsuko focus was interrupted and her eye flashed to him, but his eyes weren't meeting hers back; he was scanning her body up and down, as if surveying it. It creeped her out a bit, and it obviously unnerved Asuka; Katsuko could hear the temper escaping Asuka's breaths. "Meh, she's cute, but she doesn't need to show anything off to accomplish that." Blinking as he worked his head back to glare at Soryu, he added, gesturing to his pectorals, "Besides, you're smaller."

Katsuko's jaw dropped at his snark remark. He didn't just-- REALLY?! Did you REALLY just say that?! It was rare when Katsuko became this mad, but when she did it showed. Luckily, before she could curse Raidon out -- which she really would have -- Asuka interrupted her.

Optional Hikari response

Katsuko was fuming, but Asuka's interruption had allowed her the chance to catch herself before she exploded

The focus of the conversation switched and Raidon became nothing but somebody in the background. Asuka presented Shinji with an ultimatum: "If you want to go horseback riding with friends like your fellow pilots, you'll have to do it without that idiot, because we're decent enough not to associate with him! Right, Rei?"

"Yes, Asuka..," he responded.

Raidon response; presumably a smart ass comment in retaliation to Asuka.

Katsuko sensed an opening, and let it all out at once: "That sounds all fine and dandy, but both of you are pretty despicable right now." Her glare went back and forth between Raidon and Asuka. "You should know better than to be so careless, Raidon; a little tact is nice, and there's just some things you don't say. And Asuka, you just had to provoke him, didn't you? You know his buttons are bright red and hard to miss!" She gave herself a moment to catch her breath, "you know what? Both of you can count me out; I just don't want to look at either of your faces right now." The flustered young girl turned and hurried away, not caring if anybody followed her, so long as it wasn't either of them.

She stopped once out of sight right on the shoreline, letting the water ride up her ankle. Some vacation this is turning out to be; they're all the same.

Open to interaction with anybody, except for either of the two in the hotbox.

(Katsuko gets angry at Asuka and Raidon and leaves.)

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:58 am

Hikari Horaki
Day 1, 12:40pm
Beach

Somehow, as Hikari and Katsuko joined Asuka, the other two stooges and the odd American joined at about the same time; he was the first to speak, agreeing with Asuka's horses-then-shrine suggestion. In fact, in one bold move he went directly into singling Katsuko out, asking if she would spend some alone time with him... It was surprisingly sweet, in that strange public display of affection way one sees in movies and on TV but not in real life. This made Hikari smile slightly.

"I wouldn't bother going, Ka-chan," Asuka cut in. "He looks like a creep."

Hikari turned to look at her friend questioningly, an eyebrow lowered. Why do you say such a thing, Asuka? Sure, Raidon is odd but... Hikari almost asked Asuka these questions, but she noticed something now that was happening at her side... He was eyeing Katsuko up and down, lecherous and despicable. He certainly does look like a creep... she thought, recoiling. Is this what Asuka was talking about when she said that? Maybe it had been going on sooner than Hikari noticed. Raidon spoke again.

"Meh, she's cute, but she doesn't need to show anything off to accomplish that." ... "Besides, you're smaller."

Hikari was stunned. She was about to kick sand on his feet and bark in his face about what an awful thing he'd said, but Asuka retorted first.

Hikari finally spoke. "Both of you stop it, please! You're insulting eachother and everyone around you!" Turning to Raidon, "You can't say things like that, don't you have any manners? I don't know what the problem between you and Asuka is, but leave her body out of it! Now you better apologize!" Taking a breath and switched to Asuka before he could respond, "Katsuko could've decided for herself if he was a creep or not; you didn't have to say something like that in front of everyone!"

"And why are you calling Shinji 'wimpy', of all things? He's your fellow pilot and he saved all of us..." she almost continued, but decided she would ask in private. Almost as if Hikari hadn't said anything at all, however, Asuka was already issuing an ultimatum to Shinji for some reason about staying away from Raidon; Rei agreed and Shinji complied.

Raidon response; presumably a smart ass comment in retaliation to Asuka.

Katsuko then had words for both of them, ending with "You know what? Both of you can count me out; I just don't want to look at either of your faces right now."

"Katsuko!" Hikari called after, watching her make way for the shoreline alone. Pausing a moment, she turned around looking at the others. She wanted to say something that would be able to mediate what just happened. She wanted to suggest that they all hang out together to have a good time. But she couldn't. She couldn't say anything. "Katsuko, wait!" she said turning and taking off after her.

Upon arriving, she saw her standing ankle-deep in the water. Stopping short of getting wet, Hikari sat on the sand with her knees pulled to her chest. "I understand," she spoke after a few cycles of the waves, "what you mean, that is. About not wanting to see them right now." A couple more waves pass. "If you really don't want to go with them, could the two of us hang out instead?"

(open for any communication)

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:31 pm

Ran Mouri
Moped rental station
1:37

Ran looked from side to side at the various groups of eager children waiting for her approval before she smiled at them, nodding eagerly

"Alright! before you all go, just a minor security reminder. Those of you wanting to go to the beach, scuba diving or to visit the renma islands remember to be very careful with jelly fish, sea snakes, cone shells, sea urchins, scorpionfishes, lionfishes, stonefishes and blue-ringed octopus."

Several kids nodded while others rolled their eyes, already packing their things int heir backpacks, ready to travel the dusty roads.

"Remember as well that the ferry to Aka and Geruma will now only disembark in Geruma as Aka port has been closed at the behest of Mr. Kaji." Ran said, ignoring them as she continued listing the safety risks, never losing her wide smile. "Those wanting to walk around the island, go horseback riding or ride a mope be mindful of the speed limits, as well as the horse's healths. And everyone, please remember to have your cellphone handy, I have given you all the switch board, local emergency room and my and Mr and Mrs. Kaji's number, so go have fun!"

Once all the explanations were given to the kids, Ran smiled approvingly as the class seemed to scramble, some students going directly to the dock to get on the ferry, some of them walking directly to the bike station and going on the trail, until eventually the last ones to leave were the small group that had Horaki, glasses girl and guy, the tall annoyed one, the one who had a shirt with a rock group or something on it, the angry redhead, the nervous-looking brown-haired boy, the quiet blue-haired girl.

What is it with kids these days and their hair color?

"Well kids, we are planning on going to the Shrine and then to the onsen, what about you?"

"I'll go as well, you have helmets?" The boy, Raidon according to Ran's list, said as he held up his hand, waiting for her to acknowledge this as he looked at the mopeds

"We sure do! safety first after all!" Ran said as she turned to Mrs. Kaji, smiling broadly. "I'm sure they can all handle themselves."

Misato seemed to look at him with a sense of concern. Optional Misato response

"I can handle bikes. It's no problem."

Ran shook her head as she turned to the other grownups, smiling before she walked with them outside.

"Alright, here we have the mopeds. Unfortunately I'm not sure how many students will want to use them, but I can drive my own and someone can ride with me."

Ran stared expectantly at Aoba, the chef and Maya, smiling brightly at both Nerv guys and giving the chef a polite smile, and one could easily see the giant sweat drop in the back of her head at the thought of the chef dude saying he would do i--

"I'll do it!" The short haired girl exclaimed too loudly, lifting her hand as if she were making a pledge, making Ran smile brightly at the girl, nodding excitedly.

"I-i-it would be a huge honor for me to drive with you, Mouri-san!"

Ran giggled at Maya's excitement, before she took her hand, striking a pose, dramatic and over the top, as she talked in a grave voice.

"Yes! we shall ride towards the setting sun! Ride on shooting stars! Head straight to the onsen! That way, I can tell you all about the island a bit more and we can all enjoy a nice soak after!" Ran said as she dragged along with her, linking arms while turning to Aoba and the chef.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for? let's go!"

Aoba/Chef/Maya
Last edited by Eric Blair on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby GoatMan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:07 am

Kensuke Aida
Day 1, 12:15 AM
Meeting room

Toji turned to Kensuke, as both watched Soryu run off for some unknown reason.
"She's such a weirdo, isn't she?"

"Maybe it's the water in Germany," he shrugged, looking over a pamphlet for the resort. On it, he had scratched out and circled a few ideas for the places to visit. Of course, he knew Toji would have some ideas of his own.

"I wonder if they have a nice place to play basketball around here... But I guess swimming would be cool too. There's so much stuff around here. Whaddya wanna do?"

Looking back at the pamphlet, he tapped his black pen against one of the items in particular. "Horseback riding could be fun. But later, I want to visit those ruins. I need to get something good on video this trip." Pausing, he shook his head. "No, Toji, I'm not testing the water resistance feature on my camera this time."

"Hmm. I guess we should ask Shinji before we decide anything though... Since we're gonna be hanging out like the best buddies we are!"

Kensuke couldn't help but smile back at the jock. "Okay, fine. but he has to get us something fun and classified this time! You talked him out of any juicy NERV details yet?"

12:32pm
Southern Beach

The situation always managed to turn ugly when Asuka and Raidon were involved. Just as before, Aida did his best to simply keep his mouth shut, and avoid eye contact with either of them.

He was annoyed, though, that the group was splitting up just because of a few harsh words. Things were going so smoothly, and just to have it ruined by those two... Maybe the lovely gaijin pair should just be left on their own island to fight it out. In the end, there could be only one.

For now, he would wait, and hope things would settle. Watching Raidon walk off, however, not saying a word, things only seemed to escalate. Sighing, Kensuke gripped his forehead, pushing his glasses back up the bridge of his nose. They had to share a room with the guy.

It was going to be a long two weeks.

Kensuke follows Toji to the rest of the group, and simply tries to avoid the tension.

Raidon Watanabe
Southern Beach
12:43pm

Raidon sighed. He didn't think the situation would fall apart like this. He had just hoped to shut Asuka up for a minute, not annoy Katsuko or divide the group. Clenching his teeth, he turned on his heel and was about to walk away when Hikari addressed them.

"Both of you stop it, please! You're insulting each other and everyone around you! You can't say things like that, don't you have any manners? I don't know what the problem between you and Asuka is, but leave her body out of it! Now you better apologize!"

He didn't know what to say, at least, didn't know of anything proper to say, but it didn't matter. She was busy lecturing Asuka. "Katsuko could've decided for herself if he was a creep or not; you didn't have to say something like that in front of everyone!"

Katsuko, however, was not sticking around. "You know what? Both of you can count me out; I just don't want to look at either of your faces right now."

Hikari tried to shout after her, chasing the girl down the beach. He thought for a moment he saw Asuka smirk in victory. He was not going to win, or even save face in this situation. Best he could manage, the boy realized, was walk away, and at least apologize to Katsuko, maybe Hikari. If he said anything now, it would just be used against him.

Moped Rental Station
1:39pm

As soon as he had a chance to see the mopeds, Raidon disregarded the argument with Asuka before. They were nothing fancy, but had a solid two-stroke engine, and were well-maintained. Horseback riding, he could do later. For now, he hadn't touched anything with an engine since McCulloh's XR650.

Besides, he needed to visit the shrine, and settle that errand.

"I'll go as well," Raidon said, raising his hand. "You have helmets?"

Ran Mouri response

Misato seemed to look at him with a sense of concern. Optional Misato response

Raidon walks off, and decides to join Ran's group visiting the shrine

[/b]

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby fadingreminder » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:08 pm

Misato Katsuragi
Hotel Elevator
12:46

Before she knew it, he had not only stepped into the elevator with her, but already pressed the button to close the doors, leaving them alone in the elevator together. She shot an angry look at him.

"Oh, I get it, let me guess, one of Kaji's classic lines: 'Going down, Miss?'"

"We need to talk. I'm under the impression that you are mad at me for something."

Blinking a few times and feeling a bit flushed, Misato was confused about this.

"Why the hell wouldn't I be mad?! After that stunt you pulled last night... I should have known better than to let my guard down around you... I can't even remember it!" She crossed her arms and turned away from him, muttering one final blow against his dignity to herself, "Which is good, I guess... Why would I want to remember disappointment..."

The ding brought her attention forward just in time to see him fall out into the hallway.

Smooth, Kaji, really smooth...

Stepping over his body and trying to ignore the situation, she made a dart right for her door, stepping with speed, but not running.

"Wait, Misato!"

He had apparently scrambled to his feet and caught up to her before she made it, only to grab her arm and pin her against the wall.

You arrogant bastard!

Unable to find any words, she decided to let her hand do the talking, finding it's way across his face in a slap that was more stunned and panicked than aggressive.

Still, the shock was just what she needed to slip away. She slinked past him and into her room; into privacy.

Misato rubbed her pounding forehead for a moment, trying to gather her cool again, then walked to the table and opened one of her bags.

At least NERV has some great pharmaceutical facilities...

Pulling out a bottle of headache pills and taking 3, while reading the label, "Take 2 every 4 hours, huh? Whoever came up with these directions didn't feel this... And can you keep it down in there, please!?" she shouted at the penguin, sitting on the bed, watching television very loudly. It was probably her own fault for keeping the magazines laying around all the time, but Pen^2 loved watching programs featuring cars and especially races... Right now a car screaming at 5000rpms was not her idea of fun.

Pulling her favorite navy one-piece bathing suit out of the luggage and pair of cut-off denim shorts, she quickly changed and made her way back to the lobby to meet the others and tried to mentally prepare herself for a day out, along with Kaji.

Pure female energy, huh...? I could sure go for some now...

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Ryoji Kaji
1:40
Moped Rental Station

Kaji had to admit it; navy was a nice color, especially the way it clung to Misato's body, thanks to her suit. The spy had been wondering what would the lovely Major wear given her propensity to wearing skimpy outfits at home, so a bikini wouldn't be wrong, but somehow, the simplicity of this one piece suit made it all the better, as the spy could hardly take his eyes off from her.

"That's a very lovely suit." Kaji said with an honest smile as he pushed himself off from the elevator door, already waiting for Misato to head back to the lobby, even if the smile was a smirk and "honest" usually meant "I won't double cross you after you have given me the info".

"Thanks..."

A spy is equal parts a psychologist, a psychiatrist and a crisis hot line; it takes a very special kind of person to be able to understand the small nuances that makes a person tick; it takes an extraordinary person to use those same nuances into manipulating the correct response from you.

"Look, Katsuragi, about yesterday... I... I'm sorry." Kaji began even if he had no clue what had pissed Misato off so much. "I know it sounds contrite, and tired, but how about if just for today, we try and have a good time... as friends?"

Kaji smiled as he said those words, while the elevator dinged and the doors opened, the lobby in front of them, before Kaji took one step out and turned to Misato, giving her an open smile.

"So, wanna go somewhere?"

"Do you think I could just forget about everything that happened or throw on your charm act and things will all be fine? Well, I haven't forgotten... I'm not willing to let you ruin my good time though, so I suppose today, we can coexist."

Kaji sighed as Misato walked past him just as he turned to the small group that was already forming between the Mouri girl, Ibuki, Aoba and the guy who had been pawning at Misato.

This does not bode well. The spy thought to herself before he saw one of the kids from Shinji's class approach the group, talking to Ran.

"I'll go as well, you have helmets?" The boy, said as he kept staring at the mopeds, as if trying to asses how fast they could go.

"We sure do! safety first after all!" Ran said as she turned to Misato, smiling broadly. "I'm sure they can all handle themselves."

Misato seemed to look at him with a sense of concern.

Optional Misato response.

Last edited by Eric Blair on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:10 pm

Shigeru Aoba
Moped rental station
1:37

"Alright, here we have the mopeds. Unfortunately I'm not sure how many students will want to use them, but I can drive my own and someone can ride with me."

Aoba wasn't sure if she wanted to ride with her. Kaji apparently didn't trust her, and he'd rather not take the risk if she turned out to be a psycho killer or an adult version of Hit-girl.

Hopefully the chef would volunteer. At least he would get to ride with Maya, someone he could trust.

But Maya screwed up that plan by volunteering to go off with that Ran girl. So now he was stuck with the chef. He had almost considered Misato, but he figured involving himself in marital problems was too troublesome.

"Well, what are you guys waiting for? let's go!"

Aoba always got the shitty jobs.

Riding out to the onsen with the creepy chef... This called for another cigarette. The guy was probably under the impression that he was still Misato's boyfriend and... oh man this was going to be awkward.

When they reached the mopeds, however, there seemed to be enough so that chef could go on his creepy way without bothering Aoba. Knowing the chef, he probably would tailgate Misato the entire way there.

There were helmets, but Aoba wasn't particularly interested in wearing one, lest he mess with his carefully crafted mullet. He reved up the rather subdued machine and then waited for everyone else to get going.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Katsuko Kotonoha
Day 1, 12:50pm
Beach

It was Summer time, the time of the year where the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the days were warm, an annual bliss. However, Summer was all anybody knew these days, and nothing else. To Katsuko, and most of everybody else, there was no difference between Summer, Autumn, Spring or Winter; one was as hot as the other, completely the same. Summer was not bliss for Katsuko Kotonoha, and certainly not this Summer's day.

The brooding young girl wiped the tentative tears from her eyes when she heard Hikari approaching. "I understand," she spoke after a few cycles of the waves, "what you mean, that is. About not wanting to see them right now." A couple more waves pass. "If you really don't want to go with them, could the two of us hang out instead?"

Katsuko let out a long sigh and forced a smile, "it doesn't matter anyways. I'm just being a drama queen about this. I always have been." She rubbed her eye once more. "I'll get over it eventually. At least the water's nice."

"Well, I would have done what you did. Don't worry about it... they're the real drama queens." Hikari watches the waves both in the distance and at her feet. "There's nothing else like the ocean, is there? It's so amazing."

"Ooh, I haven't been to the beach in ages. I had forgotten what it was like." Katsuko's smile became genuine as she turned to face Hikari. "We should go swimming!" It was almost as if Katsuko had completely disregarded what had happened a few minutes ago and her mood flipped completely.

"Swimming is a great idea!" Then an idea comes over her as she watches the sea. "Hey, Katsuko-chan... what if we went to the warm springs and the shrine first? I just realized I haven't been to one of them for years..."

"Oh," she let slip out as her smile dropped. "Well, as long as it's not with those two today. Maybe one of them tomorrow. Yeah, I can talk to them tomorrow." She smiled once more, and continued, "alright, lets go to the shrine."

Katsuko hopped on one foot, then the next as she escaped the waves and joined Hikari. It was almost playful, the way she carried herself towards the the class rep, her grin was as honest as it has ever been. "You lead the way!"

(Katsuko and Hikari have a brief conversation and head towards the shrine. This post can be edited more as needed)
Last edited by Sachi on Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Hikari Horaki
Day 1, 1:40pm
Beach, Hotel, Moped rental station

Katsuko let out a long sigh and forced a smile, "it doesn't matter anyways. I'm just being a drama queen about this. I always have been." She rubbed her eye once more. "I'll get over it eventually. At least the water's nice."

"Well, I would have done what you did. Don't worry about it... they're the real drama queens." Hikari watches the waves both in the distance and at her feet. "There's nothing else like the ocean, is there? It's so amazing."

"Ooh, I haven't been to the beach in ages. I had forgotten what it was like." Katsuko's smile became genuine as she turned to face Hikari. "We should go swimming!"

I... I really helped her to feel better, didn't I? Hikari smiles brightly. "Swimming is a great idea!" Then an idea comes over her as she watches the sea. "Hey, Katsuko-chan... what if we went to the warm springs and the shrine first? I just realized I haven't been to one of them for years..." Not since mom died, actually... Her visage noticeably hardens as she continues to look at the sea.

"Oh," she let slip out as her smile dropped. "Well, as long as it's not with those two today. Maybe one of them tomorrow. Yeah, I can talk to them tomorrow." She smiled once more, and continued, "alright, lets go to the shrine. You lead the way!"

Hikari quickly put thoughts of mother out of her head, and let herself enjoy this moment with Katsuko as they made way back to the lobby, laughing and smiling. She hadn't seen her old friend so carefree in a while; that enough was cause to celebrate.

At the re-assembly and the moped demonstration, Hikari did her best to avoid the others from earlier while savoring her 'alone' time with Katsuko. Finally the moment came when they were going to travel with several of the guardians to the shrine, and she thought it best to let Ka-chan drive while she rode behind, too scared to trust herself with the controls.

Hikari and Katsuko head to the shrine. Though intent on avoiding the others, Hikari will part away from Katsuko briefly to interact with one of them if beckoned before returning to her.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:30 am

Shinji Ikari
Moped Rental station
1:40 P.M.

For some reason, Shinji felt like this was wrong.

"Uh, but didn't we say we were going to go horseback riding first?"

People saying no; various interaction with other players.

"No."
Asuka said curtly, before Rei spoke as well, but her tone was different; it was still quiet, still soft, but it had a slight edge there.

"Yes, we did."

Or Maybe Shinji was just imagining thi--

"I suppose Second felt it was better we do this first."

Rei saying something like that... It almost felt like she was... angry.

Like that time... when I said father...

Shinji frowned it wasn't like he liked being the one to raise a voice or complain, so maybe it would be better if he'd jut nod and follow, but it still felt wrong.

Especially when it was with mopeds.

It wasn't like the boy was afraid of them... it was that, from a security stand point, something could go wrong and he could be run over by one of them.

Especially the yellow one with the stupid black sticker with a white P! on it; that one looked like it was out for blood.

So Shinji sighed as he grabbed the offered helmet as everyone else began to form a line to get their mopeds, before finally choosing one seemingly at random and turning it on, giving it a few experimental throttles, making it lurch forth and giving a yelp of surprise, looking around blushing uncomfortably as he decided to try it once more, following Ran's instructions.

"Ok, just ease up on the gas, let it flow slowly, remember this things are made for panoramic scenery sighting." The guide said while she did the same, making Lt. Ibuki hold tightly against her waist and Shinji wondered how that would feel, driving with someone, having them hold tightly onto you.

Maybe it won't be that bad.

"Ok guys, we wre gonna take the scenic road, we'll make a pass through the Furuzamami bridge, and from there, it's a small 15 minute drive!" Ran said smiling as she made sure for the last time everything was ready, and with that, they were off, everyone was zipping by in the mopeds, but Shinji took his time, looking around the island, marveling at the sea, the sand the lush forests.

Shinji turned around to look at his others friends; Toji, Kensuke and Raidon seemed to be chuckling amongst themselves, making a comment or two about the vehicles as well as giving the other girls a subtle look every now and then.

Asuka seemed to be actually smiling while Rei stared with curiosity to the gauges and displays in her moped, and behind them, Katsuko and Hikari were chatting amongst themselves, apparently trying to stay away from Asuka.

Shinji was so engrossed with the sacenery he never realized Rei was now next to him, before he saw her out of the corner of her eye, turning to her before the blue-haired girl gave him a rare, almost imperceptible smile, making him blush involuntarily at her.

"May we talk in private later? When you have a moment... I do not care where we are."

"Uh, su-sure, I... I'd like that." Shinji smiled at Rei, slowly getting more and more comfortable before offering her a smile. "Is something wrong?"

"It is nothing terribly important. I just wish to see how you are faring."

Shinji blinked at Rei's words; her voice was blank, like her face, but it still felt strange, Rei approaching him, Asuka's words before about a secret rendezvous...

Was Rei trying to ask him out?

"I... uh... I me-mean..." Shinji began to stammer, blushing, feeling his hands start to tremble as the idea began to take a stronger hold on his mind, making him swerve some times, gasping and trying hard to regain control of the moped before he finally managed to catch his breath.

"I d-don't think that would be a problem, t-to be honest."

"We shall talk later then."

Shinji blinked as he noticed the scenery slowly turning more and more luscious, before he saw in the distance the bright red Tori that marked the shrine getting closer and closer, a sense of calmness and tranquility coming over him.

Space reserved for any kind of interaction before arriving to the shrine.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Fun on mopeds.

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Rei Ayanami
1:40 PM
Moped Rental station.

Rei nodded, adjusting the moped helmet against her hair.

"Yes, we did. I suppose Second felt it was better we do this first." Rei tried to hide the irritation and disappointment in her voice. After all, they could always go horseback riding another time.

Everyone else besides Ikari-kun began to form a line to get their mopeds. Rei obediently followed Ran's instructions as she made herself comfortable on her green-colored moped.

"Ok, just ease up on the gas, let it flow slowly, remember this things are made for panoramic scenery sighting."

Rei did as ordered. This really wasn't so bad. In some ways, it reminded her of piloting.

"Ok guys, we are gonna take the scenic road, we'll make a pass through the Furuzamami bridge, and from there, it's a small 15 minute drive!"

Rei managed a very small smile as she looked around every so often while riding her moped, taking in the scenery. The scent of the ocean, the sunlight filtering from the trees, the wind against her back...

This island really was a paradise.

Sighing contently, Rei stared with curiosity at the gauges and displays in her moped, pleased she was doing this right. Riding like this was actually rather... enjoyable, when she really thought about it.

Catching up to be side by side with Shinji, she offered him a tiny, shy, smile before returning to keep her eyes on the road.

Shinji blushed in reply before offering a smile of his own.

"May we talk in private later? When you have a moment... I do not care where we are."

She was thankful that mopeds had small engines, it would ensure Ikari would hear her without fail.

"Uh, su-sure, I... I'd like that." Shinji paused for a moment. "Is something wrong?"

"It is nothing terribly important." Rei admitted, her expression neutral as usual. "I just wish to see how you are faring."

"I... uh... I me-mean..." Ikari-kun began to stammer, blushing, gasping and trying hard to regain control of the moped before he finally managed to catch his breath.

"I d-don't think that would be a problem, t-to be honest."

Rei nodded, red eyes focused on the dirt road. "We shall talk later then."

Finished with her words, the pilot of Eva-00 kicked up slightly on the gas to get closer to a watch a sunny field that was a few yards up ahead. She slowed down upon reaching the backdrop of the lush green field, taking in the atmosphere with curiosity.

Asuka suddenly veered her moped in close to Rei. "You trying to get a date with Shinji?", she jokingly asked.

Rei blinked. "I am meeting with Ikari-kun later, yes."

"I'm sure you might not think of it as a date, but I bet that pervert Shinji will! You should be careful, especially if you meet him at night. Who knows what a pervert might try?!"

Rei blinked again, taking on a confused expression.

She privately thought back to the time Ikari-kun arrived at her apartment to deliver her new ID card. She was nude--save for a towel draped over her shoulders--having just finished showering, and was extremely angry somebody would even think of, let alone actually touching Commander Ikari's broken glasses.

Her most cherished possession.

Shinji seemed to be rather flustered about her state of undress, but Rei had given it no thought. The Commander's glasses were the most important thing at the time...

"Ikari-kun has never "tried" anything before." Rei continued explaining, "I do not understand why he would now."

"Because he's a boy! Boys want to do all sorts of inappropriate things with everybody!"

Asuka seemed to become flustered or tease Shinji quite often... Shinji, of course, was too timid to ever reply but. Lost in thought, Rei wondered if this was the case after all... "Do you wish to become one with Ikari-kun, Second?"

"Don't be ridiculous!"

She didn't understand her fellow pilot's annoyance. "I don't understand. If you care for somebody and wish to be with them, it means you like them, doesn't it? It means you wish to become one with them, doesn't it?"

"Do you?"

A beat.

That...was a good question.

Rei stared at the dirt pavement ahead of her, noticing the shrine slowly nearing. "...I don't know."

"Why don't you ask the Commander? I'm sure HE'D tell you."

Rei stayed silent, unsure of what else to say, lost in her own thoughts. She cared for the Commander with all her heart, would always obey him and help him, but... Just what did she feel for the younger Ikari? She enjoyed his company at any rate, but...

DID she "like" him? Rei had no answers. In the back of her mind, she wished she had one.

Muttering, Asuka sped away and rode by herself. Rei continued riding on her own, the shrine nearing closer and closer.

Rei chats with Shinji, and then Asuka.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Fun on mopeds.

Postby Legendary » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Asuka Langley Soryu
Moped Rental station.

Asuka, still not happy about the boy that she had had to deal with earlier this day immediately replied, "No," before realizing that a) the boy she didn't want anything to do with was here, and b) that she really rather would be horseback riding right now.

"Yes, we did. I suppose Second felt it was better we do this first." Rei sounded disappointed, which made it even harder for Asuka to correct herself. Sighing, Asuka decided she didn't want to speak out now and look weird.

She joined the line for people who wanted mopeds and listened halfheartedly to the instructions. This wasn't anything nearly as cool as piloting an Eva, though, she did have to admit as the riding began, the island was at least very beautiful.

Asuka noticed Shinji and Rei riding near each other, whispering something back and forth. When Rei separated from Shinji, driving up ahead of the boy, Asuka veered her moped in close to Rei.

"You trying to get a date with Shinji?" she asked, trying to sound jokey. One of the better things about Rei was that she was too dependent on others to ever ask anyone out. It was kind of funny.

"I am meeting with Ikari-kun later, yes."

What?! She'd... No, she was practically a doll. HE'D asked her to meet with him, clearly. "I'm sure you might not think of it as a date, but I bet that pervert Shinji will! You should be careful, especially if you meet him at night. Who knows what a pervert might try?!"

"Ikari-kun has never "tried" anything before." Rei continued explaining, "I do not understand why he would now."

"Because he's a boy! Boys want to do all sorts of inappropriate things with everybody!"

"Do you wish to become one with Ikari-kun, Second?"

Asuka's mouth dropped open in shock. That was... that was unbelievable. Completely unbelievable. "Don't be ridiculous!"

"I don't understand. If you care for somebody and wish to be with them, it means you like them, doesn't it? It means you wish to become one with them, doesn't it?"

What was WITH Rei? It was like she didn't understand anything. Of course she CARED about Shinji's health; the boy was an Eva pilot (for that matter, so was Rei). That didn't mean she wanted to hold hands or kiss or something.

"Do you?"

Asuka realized she didn't WANT to now the answer to that, that knowing someone was going after Shinji would be too... Too boring. She absolutely did not care.

"...I don't know."

"Why don't you ask the Commander? I'm sure HE'D tell you."

Muttering, Asuka sped away and rode by herself. Dumb Rei.
Doll.

Toji Suzuhara
On the road

Toji rode happily, losing himself in the breeze and the bumps along the road. This place was the greatest. He and Kensuke joked a bit as they went on, but nothing especially serious was said. Not until...

"Hey, why's the Class Rep riding with Kotonoha?"

Kensuke says something.

Toji sped up to the two girls. "Hey Class Rep! Why aren't ya riding on your own moped? These things are great!"

"I was afraid I would crash... I never rode a bike before."

"Oh. Well uh..." Toji trailed off, unsure of what to say. He thought he saw Hikari open her mouth once, like she was going to speak, but nothing came of it.

He rode off. Maybe the shrine would be more interesting.

Toji and Asuka each have their own small interactions. Asuka is open to who knows what, Toji is still interacting with Hikari.
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:35 am

Hikari Horaki
Day 1, 2:00pm
Road / Shrine

"Do we really have to go so fast?!" The terrified Hikari wanted to say. Awkward and stiff, she tried her best to not upset the balance of the bike, holding onto Katsuko in a way that surely unintentionally made clear her distress. Trying to not think about it, she decided to focus on the exquisite scenery going past. If she kept her attention on the horizon, their speed wasn't so obvious. She would often do things like this on the rare occasion that she found herself in a car or stuck looking outside of a train.

"Hey Class Rep! Why aren't ya riding on your own moped? These things are great!"

She tried not to look too shocked or pleased that he had come over and spoken to her like this.

"I was afraid I would crash... I never rode a bike before." She reflexively looked down in embarrassment, but the ground there was moving too fast, and was too close! If the bike were to tip and her face get scraped against it--!! She tensed and brought her head back up, eyes connecting with him and undoubtedly revealing she was kind of scared. But he was cool, calm, and collected; just watching him started to make her feel the same way. If it were with him, riding would be nice I think. I hope.

optional Toji

She thought to ask why he and the others hadn't gone horseback riding, but decided she'd just get angry if she started talking about what happened before. "Why didn't you stand up to Raidon and defend Katsuko and Asuka's honor?" was the kind of thing she wanted to say, but she already knew he didn't care for Asuka at all and Katsuko was right there with them, also intent on moving past the earlier awkwardness.

"The poor girl came running to me as if I knew what I was doing," Katsuko interrupted poking fun at her. "She'll be lucky if I don't drive this thing into the water."

Hikari knew she was just joking, and retorted only half seriously herself. "Th-that's not funny, Ka-chan!"

Then she realized she was staring at him. His eyes were forward now, concentrating on driving. He would have looked better without the helmet, his hair rustling in the wind, but that would have been dangerous and she'd be mad. Soon he pulled ahead and away from them; as she watched him go, she saw the shrine in the distance. It's so beautiful. They stopped and she got off, removed her helmet, and set it on the seat.

Out of the blue, Kensuke Aida stepped beside her and asked a question, gesturing to Raidon.

"Does that guy ever relax?"

"I don't even want to think about him. I came here to enjoy myself." Was all Hikari could eventually say in bewilderment. Why in the world was he asking her this? Did it look like her and Raidon were friends, or talked, or anything? Besides, 'relaxed' had nothing to do with it as far as the the foreigner was concerned. He was a creepy, selfish, rude, lecherous pig who cared nothing for the feelings of others. Hikari closed her eyes and tried to relax again, putting this out of her mind; she paid attention to the shrine and the adults.

When she turned to her side, however, she saw that Katsuko had slipped away. Spotting her over by entrance to the shrine, Hikari decided to join her as she studied the entranceway.

"It's really incredible here, isn't it? To think they did all this 2000 years ago and its still standing and beautiful..." Hikari smiled and peeked into the shrine, seeing all the maidens and listening to the sounds of water and wind in between the occasionally rude levels of noise from some of the others.

(Katsuko interaction can also be worked in at any time in this post)
Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”