[RP] Eva Summer Vacation Sign-ups + Discussion!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:09 am

Sachi: This weekend, Legend said nothing of you posting on Sunday night, he thought like the rest of us things would get underway this weekend or last week.

You could have made a "Headsup: I might not start this right away" post on Thursday or Friday. I understand if you're busy with RL, I'm just upset you dropped the ball and had a 'tude (jest or not) after people were waiting to hear from you.

All that said, expect a Rei post this coming Friday or Saturday.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:26 pm

I don't care to pull a double and head up Misato and Shinji both, if Shinji's up for grabs. I've got to run to the music store and I'll be out for a couple of hours, but I'll make my first post in a bit!

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Honestly, after reading the logs of what happened last, I'm not impressed, especially the claim that you told me you'd be gone for the weekend. Only thing related I saw in the logs was when you left, saying something akin to "I gotta get going, going to my dad's to the weekend," which doesn't so much say "I won't have internet this weekend" so much as it does "I'm going for a drive, see you around."

The 'tude and unrepentant nature of the conversation makes me feel like this will happen again, sooner or later, and I'm not sure I want to participate in an RP where I'm going to get jerked around, so I'm out. I did a bit of thinking about this before making this decision, and really all the thinking has done is create apathy about this thread anyways, so...

Asuka and Toji up for grabs.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:20 pm

Well, since people are clearly unhappy with the way I've been handling things, you guys can decide amongst yourselves if you want to continue this thing or let it fall, because I'm not going to deal with it. I'm obviously the center of all the problems people have had so far, and, as many of you have intelligently pointed out, I'm a creature of habit and it will probably make the same mistakes again; so as the root of all evils, I'll pull myself out. Hopefully this encourages others to join in, since I'll no longer be around to make a mess of it, and things can go smoothly from here on out.

So, the role of Game Master is up for grabs. If you guys decide to keep it going, I may keep participating with Katsuko. We'll just see how things go.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Getting awfully SRS BZNSS in here...
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:04 pm

It's clearing up. It's very likely that Toji and Asuka will be resumed by me in the immediate future, but it's not quite a guarantee.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 pm

As a Mod, I can at least edit in who has what character, just not always right away. (Lousy PSP.) I might be able to squeeze out a Rei post tomorrow, we'll see.

As for a GM, I don't think we really need one provided people are mature enough to not hold up the thread or just stop posting (that's happened more times than I can count).

If people really want a GM, not just a Mod, I could step up to the plate...provided people feel one IS needed.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:55 pm

I think we need a GM to drive the mystery plot, whatever that is...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:07 am

Hmm, yeah. I could try to come up with something then (though I haven't done much with mysteries before. I would get advice to make sure things don't suck). Unless Sachi as Katsuko wants to drive the mystery plot forward?

Ugh, I hate misunderstandings and drama. They take the fun out of everything ._.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:09 am

All I know is that Eric is back to Shinji and I have Toji/Asuka again. Whee.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:16 am

:heart:_:heart: Awesome!

So uh, shall I step up as Game Master or does that role go back to Sachi or would you want it? (Again, me or Sachi can at least do Mod-work with editing-posts.)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:39 am

The reason they're back is because I stepped down. :tongue: I'm sure as hell not taking that spot back.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:07 am

So I guess this means I'm ba-- Damn you all! this was supposed to be my glorious comeback post!

But yeah, Shinji/Kaji post up, I'll try to keep my posts smaller this time (compared to the rpg thread) so uh, yeah...

EDIT

Added Asuka interaction to my Shinji post.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:17 am

You've got a hanging url there. I updated with an Asuka thing, and just for the record, there are now two votes and one abstaining to make rooms be four people each, which means, I guess, Shinji/Kensuke/Toji/Raidon and Hikari/Asuka/Rei/Katsuko, which means my thoughts at the bottom will probably be overruled.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 am

I'll go for the quad room concept. It's efficient.

You realize, however, there will be the distinct smell of gun oil in place of aftershave between Kensuke and Raidon, right (someone please tell me they get the reference).

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 am

Wouldn't it be more realistic to make the rooms 2 people each instead of cramped (at least it sounds that way!) with 4 people? I am okay with whatever, just saying.

So uh, any ideas on what to do with the mystery aspect of this thread? The more I think about it, the more I doubt I could come up with anything; let alone anything good. I'd feel better about the thread knowing that, say, Eric or Legend or Fade (or Zepps :smirk: ) could come up with something.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:30 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Wouldn't it be more realistic to make the rooms 2 people each instead of cramped (at least it sounds that way!) with 4 people? I am okay with whatever, just saying.

So uh, any ideas on what to do with the mystery aspect of this thread? The more I think about it, the more I doubt I could come up with anything; let alone anything good. I'd feel better about the thread knowing that, say, Eric or Legend or Fade (or Zepps :smirk: ) could come up with something.

Meh, you could always do the classic Agatha Christie's "10 Little Indians", but have the staff of the island disappearing instead of the main characters. Then, perhaps have none of the staff remember the now missing person, claiming they never served at the resort.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:49 am

Seconding Goatman's suggestion.

Applying Agatha Christie to Eva is an awesome suggestion. She's a Top-tier writer.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:06 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:12 pm

I'd need more information before I could make a suggestion that would probably work...

Just throwing it out there though, what if the REAL reason for the sudden trip were to lie in a summer long "scavenger hunt" of sorts that was a ploy thought up by NERV/SEELE to get a missing part of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Like, SEELE was using resources and manpower on another island and in order to resolve the matter of not having enough time, they set this up to have the Scroll page recovered for them with no effort on their part?

Anyway, I'll make a post in RP after I get home from work.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”