[RP] Eva Summer Vacation Sign-ups + Discussion!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Rei post has been edited accordingly.

I'm going to have to be away for the next few weeks (*points to sig*), so please feel free to use Rei however you see fit, as long as she's in-character.

Thanks and I'll be back soon.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

wyze2099
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wyze2099 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:14 am

If it's okay, I'd like to play an original character to help expand on the Class 2-A roster, since apparently the entire class went on the trip.

The character I have in mind is:

Name: Satoru Fujikawa
Height: (metric) 166 cm
Weight: (metric) 58 kg.
Hair color: Black (dyed brown)
General psychological profile/personality: Satoru is a fairly lazily, easygoing teenager who doesn't yet know what he wants to do with his life other than play video games, write stories, and check out girls. All he's really sure of is that he doesn't want to join the family business. This comes as a great disappointment to his family, as Fujikawa Technologies only scarcely survived the financial fallout of the Second Impact; the technologies company has managed to make itself useful to various government bodies by providing operating systems. They managed to pull enough strings to get a Fujikawa child considered for Class 2-A -- and thus, Eva pilot candidacy -- but if this tactic doesn't work, the company might have to go under, as it's been struggling for years to keep its software at least one step ahead of becoming obsolete.

Satoru isn't aware of the class' true purpose, and he tends to tune out his family's insistence that he try harder in school, so all signs point to Fujikawa Technologies being in deep trouble. But at least he's a decent guy to hang out with, and he's actually smarter than he appears, or even realizes. He's waiting for the one big inspiration that'll allow him to decide on his life's path, but until then he's content to be an underachiever. Of all the students in the class, he's one of the least eligible to be an Eva pilot. If he understood that, he'd actually be relieved, as the whole "piloting robots against aliens" thing is much more enjoyable in a video game than in real life.
Associations/clubs/personal relationships: Satoru is quiet, but friendly; as a result he has a few friends in the class, but he doesn't always attract a lot of attention to himself. Most kids in the class would know him as the one who doesn't say a lot unless the subject is on video games. Then it's hard to get him to shut up.

Again, I hope this is okay.
testing

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:27 pm

@Wyze2099 If no one else has any problem, I say go for it; we need new blood to keep the ball rolling.

Toji and Kaji post up; Expect a Shinji/Rei post and a follow up for Asuka/Katsuko/Hikari as well.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Shinji/Rei post up. Forthcoming is the Asuka/Hikari/Katsuko one.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

wyze2099
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby wyze2099 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:21 am

I don't know if I'm supposed to wait for someone else's approval, but I'll go ahead and post for Satoru.
testing

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Asuka post up.

I think this is a good place to leave my characters since there is only one week left; in case someone "talks" to either Shinji, Asuka or Kaji I'll make the appropriate response; Toji, Ran and Kade are considered NPC's so any other player can take them/"pilot" them as they see fit.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Is that uh, mystery ever going to get underway...considering we're STILL only on Day 1 within this story (and there's only a week or 2 left for this actual RP)? :fuyu_facepalm: I know this is just supposed to be for fun, but more progression for plot's sake would have been nice too...

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Probably... there is a possibility my last post as Ran/Kaede would be the unveiling of this mystery, or setting it up, though I really don't think this rpg will take off since we are already nearing the set time for it's end.

In other words, not a clue.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:33 am

Ok, seeing as how the summer is almost ending, I'll ask the mods to keep the thread open until the last day of august; anyone else who wants to make a post, do it before then.

If there is enough consensus, we could try to re-open it again NEXT summer.

Thank you all for participating.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 am

Summer's over and people didn't make any replies to the RP thread when Eric said things were winding down, so...

Maybe same time next year, since the mystery wasn't resolved and we only RPed Day 1? :sweatdrop:

I have an idea for a winter-based RP, but maybe we could try to finish this one instead, come winter-time... (Provided the G.M. pushes the days/plot forward more, I guess.)

Return to “Role-Playing Related”