[RP] Eva Summer Vacation Sign-ups + Discussion!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

[RP] Eva Summer Vacation Sign-ups + Discussion!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:12 am

The Summer season is quickly on its way, and many of us have already started our vacations. Thus, and Evangelion-themed thread-based RP is in order!

Being that this is Summer vacation, and based off past trends of dead RP threads, this game itself will only last the summer and will probably end once the fall semester starts up. This promises a quick, plot-centered story that (should) rarely get off track and keep things interesting throughout.

Just to make sure, the role of Game Master will be instituted (probably played by myself, but we'll see how things go), and he'll make sure the plot goes in the right direction and provide the basis for the story. In the event that somebody fails to post within a reasonable time, the Game Master will also "God mod" the character into a position where he/she is no longer critical to the plot until a time comes when the player resumes regular posting. Lastly, the Game Master will be in control of NPCs that are significant to the plot. All other NPCs (eg, random nobodies) are still free game for the players when needed.

The intention of this RP is somewhat of a mystery/drama/comedy story featuring the Eva characters on Summer vacation. It will generally be a fun, not-so-serious themed game, but it will have its dramatic moments, being that it is a Summer mystery. Anyways, enough of me talking, here's the premise:

The class of 2-A wins a Summer vacation trip to a resort on an island off of Okinawa, all expenses paid. Everybody is excited about going, however Nerv is a little concerned about all the potential pilots and actual pilots leaving altogether to some mysterious island, so Misato, Kaji and a few other employees go along with the students under the guise that they are vacationing with them, but are really there for the students' protection. As suspected, weird things start happening, and the real mystery begins.

The characters, of course, will include all of the canon Class 2-A students, Misato, and Kaji. Once these roles have been filled up, requests can be made for other characters to come too (within reason), or for original characters to be made.

Game Master: Eric Blair

Required Characters:

Shinji Ikari: Eric Blair
Asuka Langely Soryu: Legendary
Rei Ayanami: Sailor Star Dust
Hikari Horaki: Seele00TextOnly
Toji Suzuhara: Legendary
Kensuke Aida: GoatMan
Misato Katsuragi: fadingreminder
Ryoji Kaji: Eric Blair

Optional Characters:

Kaworu Nagisa:
Ritsuko Akagi:
Maya Ibuki: Seele00TextOnly
Mokoto Hyuga:
Shigeru Aoba: ran1
Mari Illustrious Makinami (No Spoilers):

Original Characters (preferably 2-A students, but there are exceptions):

Katsuko Kotonoha: Sachi
Raidon Watanabe: GoatMan

Last notes concerning characters: certain characters, despite having been taken already, can still be requested if someone really wants to play that character. If you want any character that has already been taken, just ask and we'll see how things goes.

If we do get the all the roles filled, we should be able to start up the game within the next week, and by then I should have more of the plot worked out. If anybody has any questions or comments regarding the RP, this is the place to ask.
Last edited by Sachi on Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:55 am

Shigeru Aoba:

I think I could pull off the role of a nihilistic air guitarist quite well.
Sign me up if no one else really wants it.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Some questions for Sachi:

There's going to be a separate thread for the actual RP, yes?

About how long will the RP last for? Something like starting next week and ending on August 30th?

What will be done if people don't post (and I don't mean not posting for a day or so, but neglecting the thread for a week-plus)? Will their characters be written out pf the story or dropped/up for grabs?

The mystery will be intriguing enough to keep people interested in the thread itself I'm sure. BUT if subplots/etc start to form (within reason I mean. And just to note, something like somebody figuring out the mystery within a day and then "Oops, RP's over." would just be lame.), that's okay too, right? Can gameplay still occur (random in-character screwing around or interactions back in Tokyo-3 for example) even if the strange goings-on is figured out, or should this be one of those stories where once the conflict is resolved, that's when the story ends?

I ask because while a good story is always nice, openendedness especially for RPs are important since it's supposed to be about having fun.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:18 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:There's going to be a separate thread for the actual RP, yes?

That seems to be the routine, so it's only natural.

About how long will the RP last for? Something like starting next week and ending on August 30th?

What will be done if people don't post (and I don't mean not posting for a day or so, but neglecting the thread for a week-plus)? Will their characters be written out pf the story or dropped/up for grabs?

I answered these questions in the OP, however I will clarify if I wasn't clear.

The RP will probably start sometime this weekend, and will wrap up around the time the Fall Semester/new school year begins, so, yes, around the end of August.

The Game Master will take care of situations where a player fails to post within some set amount of time. While it will be a case by case thing, it will generally involve the Game Master taking control of the character (God Modding, per se) and working with the character enough to clear him or her from the main focus of the story until the original player returns, a replacement player is found, or for the remainder of the story.

The mystery will be intriguing enough to keep people interested in the thread itself I'm sure. BUT if subplots/etc start to form (within reason I mean. And just to note, something like somebody figuring out the mystery within a day and then "Oops, RP's over." would just be lame.), that's okay too, right? Can gameplay still occur (random in-character screwing around or interactions back in Tokyo-3 for example) even if the strange goings-on is figured out, or should this be one of those stories where once the conflict is resolved, that's when the story ends?

I ask because while a good story is always nice, openendedness especially for RPs are important since it's supposed to be about having fun.

Sub-plots are totally okay -- welcomed, even. Being that this is a "summer shenanigans" RP, fun is expected to be had (eg, shipping drama, summer adventures, etc). This is summer vacation; anything can happen. The mystery aspect will simply be an overarching thing while the sub-plots happen within it.

Realistically, the students shouldn't be doing anything directly related to the mystery until after a week or two (in game) of being on the island so that they can finally start to notice the strange things. Meanwhile, they can do fun, summer stuff on the beach or whatever.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Sand, Sun and of course......... SEX! :naughty:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Sorry. This Shinji is not going down that road because I will try to keep him in character.

He will ogle, he will get flustered, teased and probably bloody nosed (both due to girls in bikinis and redheads punching him for being a perv), but he will not have sex. Go look elsewhere for instant gratification GGSS.
Last edited by Eric Blair on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 pm

<Asuka> What do you think I am, some kind of sl--- Hi, Kaji! ^_^

<Toji> Uh... They look nice in their swimsuits, but I don't want Class Rep t'yell at me...

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:07 am

Aoba: I could do without the sex, because it appears my potential partners would either be of my own sex, potentially too clingy, or get me convicted of statutory rape.

If Maya decides to drop by however... Groupie tiem. :w00t:
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

The Triforce Fighter
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Triforce Fighter » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:19 pm

I would be interested in playing the role of Mokoto Hyuga but I will be going away for probably 3 weeks in total on and off over the summer holidays... Plus with revision for exams until the end of this month = /

Will that kind of get in the way of things? Or is there a way to work around this without me being dropped completely?

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:03 pm

I am under the assumption that there are no canon characters left, so would an ACC be OK this time around? My character is a bit too old for Class 2-A (at 16 years old) but I could always say that she got to Okinawa some other way. Is that OK with you guys?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Most happenings rpg wise will probably happen in the rpg channel, either egf-rpg or a specially created channel by sachi himself. Being on-line for irc rpg shouldn't be a requirement but Sachi as GM has the last call.

Whoever wants to play should mention it here beforr Friday since the rpg starts on the weekend.

Play mechanics will be winged as the necessity arrives.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 pm

View Original PostThe Triforce Fighter wrote:Will that kind of get in the way of things? Or is there a way to work around this without me being dropped completely?

Yes, that might be somewhat of a problem. Although, since, based off of what you said, it seems like it won't be a consecutive three weeks; checking in every once in a while is okay, as long as you don't get your character caught up in crazy shenanigans before you go.

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:I am under the assumption that there are no canon characters left, so would an ACC be OK this time around? My character is a bit too old for Class 2-A (at 16 years old) but I could always say that she got to Okinawa some other way. Is that OK with you guys?

Or you can make her two years younger for sake of convenience. Since this isn't a completely serious thing, you won't have to worry about permanently changing your character (kind of like Eva --> Angelic Days).

View Original PostEric Blair wrote:Most happenings rpg wise will probably happen in the rpg channel, either egf-rpg or a specially created channel by sachi himself. Being on-line for irc rpg shouldn't be a requirement but Sachi as GM has the last call.

Lolwut? Sure, we'll probably screw around in the rpg channel, and get a few ideas, but generally all material related to the RP will happen in the designated thread. People don't have to worry about having to make an IRC client just to keep up with the going-ons of the RP. Being gone for a few days at a time isn't a big deal (I don't expect people to make a post every single day), and the thread will be around for everybody to read if they need to catch up.
- Sachi

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:37 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Lolwut? Sure, we'll probably screw around in the rpg channel, and get a few ideas, but generally all material related to the RP will happen in the designated thread. People don't have to worry about having to make an IRC client just to keep up with the going-ons of the RP.

What I mean is, just like the other rpg, most happenings for the characters already chosen will probably happen in the rp chan, unless we restrict interaction to thread form; my comment was mainly in the way we used to play before, Goatman was a channel usual, but we managed to do enough and keep it open for him to post as well.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Sachi to #egf-rpg wrote:We're going to start this thread during the weekend.

Well? :asuka_miffed:

I understand that you're busy, but now I personally won't have time to post until maybe next weekend since this past weekend was the only time I had to myself. (I have to work on final projects for classes this week.)

Couldn't you have at least made a post if things would be delayed? ^^;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:00 pm

I hereby decalre Sachi as the worst GM in the history of this RP thread.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Vote of no confidence! Vote of no confidence!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:35 pm

I came. I saw. I conquered. It's not Monday yet, bitches, so stop complaining. I held to my promise. :tongue: I said multiple times I would have it up Sunday night when I got home; I just didn't expect to get home quite this late. But never fear -- Sachi is here! And he's already got everything under control.
- Sachi

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:47 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoatMan
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby GoatMan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:50 am

Cool, sounds like this could be fun.

I'll crank out a post tonight.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:53 am

I hereby want to make it public I'm withdrawing from this project; Kaji and Shinji are up for grabs.

Best luck to everyone involved.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”