Animated Disney Films [General Discussion]

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Adding Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks to my Disney list. :heart: Frozen, I could relate to personally, it was better than I expected. Saving Mr. Banks, saw this after Christmas, what a movie I loved the opening version of Chim Chim Cheree played on the piano, it's hauntingly beautiful. :heart: Plus, Collin Farell as the P.L. Travers father in the flashbacks to her childhood was hot and so were the guys who played the Sherman Brothers. :heart: My 15 year old brother thought this movie and Mary Poppins were stupid and terrible, couldn't understand them, but this is coming from a kid whose never seen a classic Disney movie in his life. :facepalm: Kids these days... He couldn't even figure out that the guy in the flashbacks was the author's father. :facepalm: Then he plays violent videogames, watches violent movies, and inappropriate TV shows, he's been corrupted by violence and that makes me sad. I loved how it opened with the quote from Mary Poppins. Anyhow, I plan on getting both Frozen and Saving Mr. Banks on Bluray.

I also got Mary Poppins on Bluray and rewatched it since I haven't seen it since I was 5. The soundtrack is stuck in my head once more. And I love Bert's quote:
Winds in the east,
Mist coming in,
Like something is brewing,
About to begin.
Can't put me finger on,
What lies in store,
But, I feel what's to 'appen,
All 'appened before...

Timeless. :heart: Plus, it fits my life perfectly. Anyhow, Mary Poppins is a fun movie and the message is that she came to save the father, not the children.

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Madonna » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:27 am

I liked Frozen, very much so, but at the same time I found that it still relied on the traditional Disney trappings that other princess films relied on. It was trying something new, but it didn't push it far enough; for my taste at least.

Other than that amazing visuals and good songs.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:18 am

I know this topic has been inactive for a while but I just had to say this:

WRECK-IT RALPH SEQUEL OFFICIALLY HAPPENING GUYZ!!!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:20 am

My only request is that they have more Street Fighter Characters. . .

I wish Disney would bring back their hand drawn animation studio, it sucks that noone outside of Asia is using hand drawn animation anymore.

Return to “Film and Video”